The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Didn't you meet him at a Plus 44 show?

I'd rather not relive my meetings with Travis, I made a complete and utter fool out of myself. But what I can talk about are his in person reeactions to other fans I saw him meeting with. He was never nice, did the photo, autographs. However, people were slobbering all over him saying how amazing he was blah blah blah, and it was very obvious from his responses that he was actually sick of hearing it. He'd say "Oh wow, thanks" over and over but it sounded like the most fake/forced thing.

I met them at a signing, not technically a show, it was at a record store thing.

Have you told the story? I wanna hear details. He wasn't nice?

33 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Mark this down as a moment in history. A tombot put me in my place, made me tear up a bit and made me question my approach to this whole thing.

Basically, after I said TTS is a failed business, he said this and I had to correct this tombot stupidity.

Tombot: HOW??! if they haven't spent 37 million how the hell are they in debt 37 million.. that's not facts thats idiots believing false statistics... get you facts strait man...

Me: You realize you are literally just parroting what Tom said in his statement. LOL. Unreal. Re-read the SEC filing again, learn the difference between debt, and deficit. Then look at the statement made by the company that they are in financial trouble. Tom can tell you what he wants. There is a legal document released by the company, saying they are in trouble.

Tombot:  doooooood your probably right man, i'm 16 and i've been a long time fan and it kills me to see bad stuff pop up about this guy I view as my hero.... I hope that makes sense.. i thought the whole concept of to the stars was super cool and I hope to god it doesn't end up on the downward spiral and I thought this group was for people who wanted to see progress... not be pessemists.. isn;t that what angels and airwaves is about?? believeing that you can conquer the fucking world??

I mean, he's an idiot, but it hit me that its just a kid who sees Tom as I once saw him before this kid was even born. Who am I to burst his bubble? Who am I to take away from the joy that this stuff brings him? Its good to see new fans.

I had a similar discussion with someone on reddit.  I kept explaining to them that this whole situation is bad, but all they can concentrate on is how the article was wrong at first by saying it was a debt.  I tried to explain that a $37 million deficit is still really bad, especially for a company that hasn't released a major product yet, and they kept on saying that it was normal and fine and that people were needlessly getting on Tom's case for what they perceived to be nothing to even be concerned about.  I tried to explain that even if Bill Gates started a new venture that within a year had a $37 million deficit, he'd be plenty concerned regardless of the fact that he alone could cover that deficit.  But this person just kept ignoring these statements.  And it was at this time that I remembered how stubborn and naive the Tombot could be.  It had been a long time since I encountered one, especially one like this, but they're still out there apparently, and its just sad at this point.  Tom barely does anything music related these days, the books and comics that come out with his name on it, don't seem to have much content actually coming directly from Tom.  I honestly don't know what's left to defend about the guy, and I certainly don't understand the mentality that he can not and is not doing anything wrong with TTS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Why would a 16 year old today be idolizing Tom Delonge?

Is this gonna turn into one of those things like when the emo kids in high school pretended to be David Bowie or Jim Morrison fans?

Hahaha you and I had the exact same question. The kid wasn’t even in double digits when neighborhoods came out. Toms been out of his mind and not doing anything however long he must have been following him.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin. said:

how recent was that? i'm not 100% sold on the idea of tom coming back but i also don't think him playing a vegas show would be that far fetched 

The show is next week lol. He hasn't even taken a shower in like 2 months, let alone prepped to play a show.

I'd be happy with him showing up to the studio with them and see what happens

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

how recent was that? i'm not 100% sold on the idea of tom coming back but i also don't think him playing a vegas show would be that far fetched 

shortly before the latest trio tour began. So it's not like it's been horribly. 

Plus we all know Tom and Travis are still friends i wouldn't look too much into this tweet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The show is next week lol. He hasn't even taken a shower in like 2 months, let alone prepped to play a show.

I'd be happy with him showing up to the studio with them and see what happens

i'm pretty sure they have more vegas shows in november. if for some reason skiba booked some trio shows under the impression that travis couldn't play, i could see tom filling in and collecting a quick paycheck.