The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Man blink fans hate cali so much that are willing to love ava a band that they consistently shitted on when Tom was still in blink. Like for real the biggest complain was that blink is sounding too much like ava. So that's why everyone hated neighborhoods. Now that you got the guitar driven cali you love neighborhoods and can't wait for some new ava? People really don't know what they're hoping for.

Anyways I always liked ava and really enjoyed the dream walker so I'm curious to see what's next.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, petros said:

Man blink fans hate cali so much that are willing to love ava a band that they consistently shitted on when Tom was still in blink. Like for real the biggest complain was that blink is sounding too much like ava. So that's why everyone hated neighborhoods. Now that you got the guitar driven cali you love neighborhoods and can't wait for some new ava? People really don't know what they're hoping for.

Anyways I always liked ava and really enjoyed the dream walker so I'm curious to see what's next.

I always loved Ava. The problem with neighborhoods was that the “sounding like ava” was because the music wasnt blended well. It was obvious toms blink/ava songs and marks songs. I dont mind ava influenced blink. Its a matter of how its done. At least IMO. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, petros said:

I liked neighborhoods even with its flaws. Far more than California. At least the sound of the album wasn’t cookie cutter.

33 minutes ago, Regi. said:

I always loved Ava. The problem with neighborhoods was that the “sounding like ava” was because the music wasnt blended well. It was obvious toms blink/ava songs and marks songs. I dont mind ava influenced blink. Its a matter of how its done. At least IMO. 

I agree. Dogs eating Dogs had a more natural AVA influence sound and it was much better

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

He didn't really yodel on DED? I'm thinking of the tracks in my head and no yodels stand out. 

His vocals sound solid on DED, compared to Neighborhoods where it sounded like two different Toms were on it. My only complaint was his pronunciation of “then teaches you/us things” at 1:47-1:48 on WIWY, even when I’m reading the lyrics it still sounds weird to me. Other than basic Tom accent, he sounds fine. 

BTW, When I Was Young is a top 5 blink song.

• Like 1

Can't judge off that 3 second clip even if I do think it sounds crap. For all we know, it could be 3 seconds of a long intro with a cool build up or the last 3 seconds of a song. Can't really judge it but I wouldn't want the whole song to sound like that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

So apparently they're on Rise Records (guess Tom realized he needed a label after all) 

https://chorus.fm/news/angels-and-airwaves-on-rise-records/?fbclid=IwAR3PyGr5j--Qe7p5ItflCaYbWLZnILMGfDOkHpLtWdepJXha1nebl36Kukk 

If they are on that label, I will be able to get a promo copy of the album/EP/single.

Edit: so if I get it, I'll comment on it if the album release/leak happens later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotNow said:

So how about that new clip? ......yikes

yeah doesn't Sound very promising, sounds very Poppy though. It's gonna be interesting to hear the vocals

Also, that clip must be a different song than the one in the teaser?