The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

It's average to be honest, has the same problems that has plagued AVA for its whole existence basically, lyrically and vocally it's pretty weak but I quite like the music, I'm a sucker for synth.

Such a shame to see Tom, Mark and Travis all continuously releasing such mediocre music, they really all seem to have lost their way musically.

10 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Really cheapens this entire thing as well to know the ONLY reason Tom is putting out music is because he is struggling financially, and knows he has a faithful fan base to suck money from to fund his fake company.  

If he actually tours with AVA again, you will know that he is REALLY stretched thin.  

Quits one of the most popular bands in the world, then announces a new band: "i JuSt WaNtEd MoRe FaMiLy TiMe"

Talk about fan fiction and encyclopedias! Lol

#tinfoilhat

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Really cheapens this entire thing as well to know the ONLY reason Tom is putting out music is because he is struggling financially, and knows he has a faithful fan base to suck money from to fund his fake company.  

If he actually tours with AVA again, you will know that he is REALLY stretched thin.  

Quits one of the most popular bands in the world, then announces a new band: "i JuSt WaNtEd MoRe FaMiLy TiMe"

Yeah because a small band like ava generates million with releasing new Songs...?

again, i'm not a huge fan of the song.

but how do you know that tom ist doing ava now just for the money? couldn't it just be that he is quite inspired right now, because the seperation with his Family etc?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Really cheapens this entire thing as well to know the ONLY reason Mark is putting out music is because he is struggling for self-confidence, and knows he has a faithful fan base to suck money from to fund his ego.  

If he actually writes with Feldmann again, you will know that he is REALLY stretched thin.  

Keeps milking one of the most popular bands in the world, then announces a new band: "I jUsT wAnTeD tO tRy NeW tHiNgS"

See how silly all of these arguments are? Doesn't matter which side it's on, filling in the blanks about things we don't know will always look dumb.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

agai, i'm not a huge fan of the song.

but how do you know that tom ist doing ava now just for the money? couldn't it just be that he is quite inspired right now, because the seperation with his Family etc?

because Tom has literally done everything besides make music for years, which....is what he's good at, and why we care about him in the first place.

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

because Tom has literally done everything besides making music for years, which....is what he's good at, and why we care about him in the first place.

i get that absolutely and i agree… but how do you know that the only reason he is doing this now, is because he Needs money and not because he just feels inspired to do so?

Just now, Neal said:

i get that absolutely and i agree… but how do you know that the only reason he is doing this now, is because he Needs money?

using context clues (Modlife failure, moving into garage as HQ, TTS sketchiness, obvious family issues etc etc).  

Just wait until the bundles are released. 

Tom hasn't done anything in 15 years that wasn't a blatant attempt at raking in some cash with as little work possible required.

I mean I'd give him props if he wasn't going broke and sleeping on a couch. Leaves blink to spend more time with his family. Loses entire family, including his dog. ?‍♂️

you could argue that same thing about Mark. Blink is his money source and it's basically on autopilot. Has been since the re-union. I don't get why you're mad at Tom specifically, outside of him not being in blink. Which is why (I think) Tom didn't give a shit about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Tom hasn't done anything in 15 years that wasn't a blatant attempt at raking in some cash with as little work possible required.

I mean I'd give him props if he wasn't going broke and sleeping on a couch. Leaves blink to spend more time with his family. Loses entire family, including his dog. ?‍♂️

Yeah, Like recording with Pharrell isn't a blatant attempt at raking in some cash..

He didn't leave blink the second time to be with his family. What you meant was; "Leaving blink to spend mor time with his family. Loses entire family 15 years later due to divorce". 

1 minute ago, Since88 said:

Recording with Pharrell and Steve Aoki is cash-grabbing deluxe
Releasing music with Angels & Airwaves is not

Nah, that's an attempt at making new and interesting music that a wide variety of people may enjoy. It's good that they are experimenting

• Haha 1

Cool idea, I like the progression and new wave synth style (in comparison to old U2 wannabe AVA type stuff). Unfortunately Tom just can't sing worth shit anymore and it's hard to get past that. I think it could've been an awesome Blink song with more guitars and Mark's voice on those verses. I dig the bridge. I don't know, it's cool to hear Tom again even if it's nothing earth-shattering. I'm definitely excited to listen to the rest, assuming there's an album coming.

Also LOL at the Cali obsessives. Trying to say this sounds like Ilan Rubin wrote it, or that it was Tom trying to write a Cali style song. Come on guys. Haha

• Like 3