The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

45 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Cool idea, I like the progression and new wave synth style (in comparison to old U2 wannabe AVA type stuff). Unfortunately Tom just can't sing worth shit anymore and it's hard to get past that. I think it could've been an awesome Blink song with more guitars and Mark's voice on those verses. I dig the bridge. I don't know, it's cool to hear Tom again even if it's nothing earth-shattering. I'm definitely excited to listen to the rest, assuming there's an album coming.

Also LOL at the Cali obsessives. Trying to say this sounds like Ilan Rubin wrote it, or that it was Tom trying to write a Cali style song. Come on guys. Haha

me and champ are the same gotdamn person. this is about my impression. the only thing i'll add is that the cinderella line is super cringe and that the synth riff is a liiiiittle uninspired

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Regi. said:

Meh im fine with just a song. Its new music. I hope we get a song and some confirmation of a new album. 

That’s what I meant. I hope they don’t just give the song and go mia for the next three months with no hint of info on the album.

Adrenaline tops this by far IMO. Never thought I'd say that. But I didn't know what to think of Adrenaline when I first heard it either. Maybe give it a month or two to decide if I like this new AVA song or not. But atm I'm not a fan at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Adrenaline tops this by far IMO. Never thought I'd say that. But I didn't know what to think of Adrenaline when I first heard it either. Maybe give it a month or two to decide if I like this new AVA song or not. But atm I'm not a fan at all.

For me, this beats Simple Creatures by miles. No contest. 

2 minutes ago, Regi. said:

For me, this beats Simple Creatures by miles. No contest. 

I'd probably agree but Adrenaline and Ether are way better IMO. The other Simple Creatures songs are just trash or just below average. This song, I can't exactly tell right now what my true opinion of it is, but atm it's leaning towards that generic AVA sound that people complained of before TDW was released. Had a similar opinion of Paralyzed too. Hopefully the album can be as interesting as TDW.

I likes the song, but, I was hoping for a comeback of the real sound, this sounds like a continuation of Dream Walker imo, maybe not that strange, but Chasing Shadows gave me hope for more guitar driven music..

It’s a grower though for sure, definitely like it more after a couple of listens

Can really tell that the dude just doesn't have his voice anymore. If this is what he sounds like cleaned up the tour is going to be a disaster. I miss the guys guitar riffs but I dont think he would have the ego to take a back seat and let someone else sing.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Can't even express how much better Simple Creatures is than this turd

I definitely like Drugs better than this song. I don't remember the other SC songs well enough to compare.

Honestly my favorite thing to come out of the blink camp lately has been that Steve Aoki song, surprisingly.