The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It’s dumb to blame it all on Mark. I’m sure tom could have gotten them to play other songs had he actually been able to play them live. He sucked ass trying to play songs like dysentary Gary, I couldn’t imagine him trying to play the initial anthem. Who knows. I wish they would have switched it up a bit more, I absolutely loathe the greatest hits setlist but you can’t just blame mark for it 

Based on what we can see through blinks history, I think Tom was more interested in being pushy about his wants and ideas when it came to recording the album(s), so you've got to imagine he let Mark talk the helm on other areas of blink in order not to rock the boat too hard (though eventually its pretty clear he did anyways). I think that shows with all the creative decisions that have been made with Mark at the helm, comparatively to Tom's decisions in AVA. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I remember reading an interview with Mark where he stated something about hating seeing bands play new stuff live and from there i always figured it was Mark for the reason of the same set list. You would think that shit would get old. Hell even rotating a few songs each night would be refreshing i bet. 

The solution would be to play longer sets. Then you have this bunch of old 'greatest hits' songs to please the mases, and then this one with newer songs.

But I guess Mark is against that too.

Edit: Tom getting into the same field he got when AvA started...

What do you want to do as a musician that you haven’t done yet?

I want to be able to have a band and tie together all of these themes, all of these transmedia properties into one performance. That’s really where all this is going: We create all these intellectual properties that are tied together with the themes on the album and all the science and aerospace work we are doing, and it all comes to life during the show. It’s all experiential in the concourse before the show starts, so people get to come and immerse themselves into the subjects and some exotic studies that really redefines what they think is possible and what they think being human is all about. That’s really what ignites a spark in me.

The transmedia shit and all. I hope he'll be able to do it, somehow. I'm sure in his head it all it's pretty clear, but I don't know if it has some kind of translation to the live set.

44 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The solution would be to play longer sets. Then you have this bunch of old 'greatest hits' songs to please the mases, and then this one with newer songs.

But I guess Mark is against that too.

Edit: Tom getting into the same field he got when AvA started...

What do you want to do as a musician that you haven’t done yet?

I want to be able to have a band and tie together all of these themes, all of these transmedia properties into one performance. That’s really where all this is going: We create all these intellectual properties that are tied together with the themes on the album and all the science and aerospace work we are doing, and it all comes to life during the show. It’s all experiential in the concourse before the show starts, so people get to come and immerse themselves into the subjects and some exotic studies that really redefines what they think is possible and what they think being human is all about. That’s really what ignites a spark in me.

The transmedia shit and all. I hope he'll be able to do it, somehow. I'm sure in his head it all it's pretty clear, but I don't know if it has some kind of translation to the live set.

The most he'll manage is selling some books on the merch table and maybe some kinda projected screen thing behind them, I'll be amazed if he does more than that. 

"I hope one day we have little drones that fly around with credit card swipers to pre order any TTS package you could dream of."

No but really, Tom is saying the right things... It's pretty clear he's overly progressive and Mark is too conservative to their music.. aka they balance eachother out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

2m6wrdc.jpg

Travis is on the hype train. Mark thinks rebel girl is a cool song. If only Tom could get over his ego and be happy for his old friends.

I mean Blink s basically everything he doesnt want in music anymore so I dont think he's going to come out and say hes looking forward to the new album

Mark Hoppus has been on a tear with his lyrics lately.

Air, leave it up in the air
Because the people on the ground don't care
They don't notice but it's everywhere
Chase, now there's nothing to chase
Every day I feel so out of place
Let me wash away without a trace

Rhyming words is fun

On 5/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, Elisa said:

Nah, Tom could play the old songs just fine. One day (in 2010 or 2011) someone asked him to play Waggy out of the blue on modlife and he nailed it. 

that's because he wasn't drunk, like he was at the shows.