The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

Lol. I love the part about how he's telling Podesta he could convince the youth he is a trustworthy guy they should support, by "branding" him. hahaha. 

My favorite is when he emails Podesta (the former White House Chief of Staff & counselor to the President of the United States) telling him that HE (the naked dick joke guy from blink-182) can explain what is going on in the world:

"If you want me to give you a summarization of what went on, and what is continuing to go on, let me know. Over a brief phone call I can give you a history, and some of the more amazing aspects of this topic and the US amazing efforts with it."

gets ignored...

...then frantically emails him the next day saying:

"I am embarrassed I wrote that last email, ha. Sorry. When you mentioned being turned on by Leslie Kean's book, I wondered if that was really was what started your interest and your only knowledge of the matter- I figured I could fill in some blanks. -But I am an idiot, I forgot for a brief moment who the hell you are. I apologize for my ridiculous moment of grandeur. Lord-"

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

My favorite is when he emails Podesta (the former White House Chief of Staff & counselor to the President of the United States) telling him that HE (the naked dick joke guy from blink-182) can explain what is going on in the world:

"If you want me to give you a summarization of what went on, and what is continuing to go on, let me know. Over a brief phone call I can give you a history, and some of the more amazing aspects of this topic and the US amazing efforts with it."

gets ignored...

...then frantically emails him the next day saying:

"I am embarrassed I wrote that last email, ha. Sorry. When you mentioned being turned on by Leslie Kean's book, I wondered if that was really was what started your interest and your only knowledge of the matter- I figured I could fill in some blanks. -But I am an idiot, I forgot for a brief moment who the hell you are. I apologize for my ridiculous moment of grandeur. Lord-"

Lol. I never realized how embarrassing these emails were. Tom acting like a pure stage 5 clinger lmfao 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Looks like the "news" is more shows:

http://first-avenue.com/event/2019/12/angels-airwaves

My daughter has literally been in love with Tom since she was a little kid. She’s now almost 23 and I’m going to get her meet and greets for one  of the new shows. She’s going to freak out. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

My daughter has literally been in love with Tom since she was a little kid. She’s now almost 23 and I’m going to get her meet and greets for one  of the new shows. She’s going to freak out. 

That's awesome.  You should win a Parent of the Year award.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marik said:

Did someone get all the songs played

Moon As My Witness (which why wtf their worst song)

Anxiety

The Wolfpack

Tom sounded good on the Wolfpack I think, sounds like he’s singing deeper.

He said at the end they have to put something between Surrender and Wolfpack in the setlist because he can’t do the two high songs together.

6 hours ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

This is fantastically adorable, good for you, good dadding right there. 

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

Moon As My Witness (which why wtf their worst song)

Anxiety

The Wolfpack

Tom sounded good on the Wolfpack I think, sounds like he’s singing deeper.

He said at the end they have to put something between Surrender and Wolfpack in the setlist because he can’t do the two high songs together.

I think Moon As My Witness is one of the best songs on Love II, it is really unconventional.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

This is fantastically adorable, good for you, good dadding right there. 

She’s been my blink buddy for almost her entire life. Fortunately she was able to see them before they broke up (again) but never has had the chance to meet Tom. She’s going to be in shock. 

When we did the blink M&G a couple of weeks ago she made a joke that she would have fainted if Tom had been there. So I may have to wheel her into this one. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

AVA Movement twitter has some YouTube links:

So hype seeing some Dreamwalker stuff being played live! Even if you can't hear much other than Ilan drumming (which is solid)

That’s seven songs plus we know the adventure and do it for me now. No surprises really yet other than maybe overload. I hope there’s more surprises in there than just their 2012 setlist plus paralyzed, Wolfpack, and overload. There’s so many Ava songs never played live even before dream walker.

Ava is the perfect example of a band that doesn’t need to play all of the hits because every fan has been a hardcore Tom fan for years. Like when was the last time Ava acquired a new fan from scratch? 2008?

58 minutes ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

She’s been my blink buddy for almost her entire life. Fortunately she was able to see them before they broke up (again) but never has had the chance to meet Tom. She’s going to be in shock. 

When we did the blink M&G a couple of weeks ago she made a joke that she would have fainted if Tom had been there. So I may have to wheel her into this one. 

this is adorable. good dad!

• Like 1