The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

42 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Well when you guys are 80 years old, have health issues, can no longer function sexually, have mobility issues, have lost tons of loved ones, memory problems,waiting to die, you come back and tell me how great old age is for ya.

This isn't to wish hardships on you. This is to simply speak to reality for all. Its coming for everyone.

Some people can weather the storm, but it involves blocking things out. My grandmother was pretend happy. There was always a deep sadness over all the loss though. Some people can hide it. Some people are just strong. But either way, its not better.

You seem like you waste all of your time NOW worrying about the future.  You’ve always been obsessed with aging.  Just enjoy your life dude. 

The fact that we all fade into dust should make you cherish the present, you’re pretty lucky you weren’t born in the dark ages. 

Listen to Cali and enjoy! 

Edit:I struggle with this too, more in the form of anxiety, but you gotta fight it man.  We’re a blip of dust hanging out on a rock in space.  Just try.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

You seem like you waste all of your time NOW worrying about the future.  You’ve always been obsessed with aging.  Just enjoy your life dude. 

The fact that we all fade into dust should make you cherish the present, you’re pretty lucky you weren’t born in the dark ages. 

Wow. I never actually read the rest of your name...the Blinks part. JarJarBinks...but JarJarBlinks....I just now got it. SMH I'm such a loser!!! lol excellent screen name tho

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Edit:I struggle with this too, more in the form of anxiety, but you gotta fight it man.  We’re a blip of dust hanging out on a rock in space.  Just try.

But the future is here. Upcoming is losing parents, relatives, tragedy heartbreak, and being old. I almost feel like 37 years is enough. I don't want to get old. I don't have the balls to end it, so this is not a suicidal thing. I am just not sure I know of the point anymore. You all are happily with significant others. So its different. Try being single at 37 on and then get back to me.

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You all are happily with significant others. So its different. Try being single at 37 on and then get back to me.

Tons of people are miserable with their significant others and would gladly trade it for bachelor life lol (not me personally, but just saying). My uncle couldn't wait to get divorced and was the happiest I had seen him at 50...and he found someone else later on. Quit looking so far ahead and just enjoy your days man, for instance, today you can look forward to this Rebel Girl video? LOL. But seriously, life is too short to (*not gonna reference BTD*) be miserable worrying all the time...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

I think this is the creepiest Tom has ever been in a video. What do they have to shoot him close-up so much? But I think in general the video really fits the song.

99% of music videos are stupid and this one is in that 99%. So utterly pointless and constant annoying jumpcuts when I'd rather just watch the band jam out the whole time haha

• Like 1

Tom's Angels... unite, unite.

Cinderella chorus and a video about cheating on your homework and reading your crush's diary... LOL.

Someone needs to mix Tom's moves in this, and Mark's moves in the Strange Love video and make them realize they are meant for each other... (and should never be filmed without their instruments)

• Like 1

Just gonna post what I said about the video in the AVA thread here as I imagine this'll have more traction - 

Wow.

that was fucking stupid. 

Makes blinks stupid 'durr teenagers like skateboards and vinyl records' video for BTD look way more palatable in comparison.

just the fuck haha, like I was into the feel of it until the stupid "omg he's here he has a motorcycle" thing and the wah wah little friend zone mental freak out at the end (sidebar - he named the character Tommy? really?). the 'story' and the performance aspect really don't gel well together either, the contrast colours and abysmal lighting of the performances mixed with the soft focus story just clashed horribly. 

also the fuck to the titles... Jesus lol. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Just gonna post what I said about the video in the AVA thread here as I imagine this'll have more traction - 

Wow.

that was fucking stupid. 

Makes blinks stupid 'durr teenagers like skateboards and vinyl records' video for BTD look way more palatable in comparison.

just the fuck haha, like I was into the feel of it until the stupid "omg he's here he has a motorcycle" thing and the wah wah little friend zone mental freak out at the end (sidebar - he named the character Tommy? really?). the 'story' and the performance aspect really don't gel well together either, the contrast colours and abysmal lighting of the performances mixed with the soft focus story just clashed horribly. 

also the fuck to the titles... Jesus lol. 

there 's nothing worse than a Bored To Death/Up All Night video about rebellious kids 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

I think this is the creepiest Tom has ever been in a video. What do they have to shoot him close-up so much? But I think in general the video really fits the song.

LOL, and people cry about blink's videos!

• Like 1