The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

All I can think of when I hear about Tom singing First Date live is this show from 2010 where he purposely butchered

Clearly we all knew by then how much he hated the song,

This never fails to make me laugh. I wish more musicians were able to poke fun at themselves like this.

As to why he played it? Because Mark made them.  There's some clips where he'd sneak it in the playlist and Tom hated it.  Makes it extra funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

All I can think of when I hear about Tom singing First Date live is this show from 2010 where he purposefully butchered the second verse:

Clearly we all knew by then how much he hated the song, but my thought was always that if you don't like the song, simply don't play it.  Yet now he's choosing to play it at non-blink shows?  I don't get it.

the one performance by blink that I definitely agree, @Donald Trump's Bulge, you are far superior. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Well yeah; but I had reasons for not saying anything. One being out of respect for Jen and two, I kind of like having a secret that only me and Tom know about. Its like our little thing.

Only you & Tom know about it? Did he cheat on Jen with you? Or did you murder the women he cheated with?

in all seriousness, how would his manager,/bus driver/ security/ SOMEONE else not know?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom liked me when we met in 2006. For starters, I was an "older" fan. Older at that time being 24 and most fans were teenagers. I learned from my Travis experience not to lose my shit and go all crazy. I was able to hold it together and talk to him like a regular person. Something that like 99% of his fans don't have the ability to do. He definitely saw me as someone cooler than most of the fans he has to deal with. My sister, who was also there, picked up on this. Tom was directing a lot of the conversation at me. You have to realize this was a guy use to meeting fans who will start shaking and in some cases jump on him or try to grab his cock (guys have done this with him).

Are you talking about that AVA show you went to even though you hated Tom with a passion? I remember you filming yourself backstage when Tom was talking to a bunch of fans like 30 meters behind you, and you were all emotional like “Tom is actually a nice guy”. It looked as if you were too scared to walk up to him and start talking along with the other fans. 

17 hours ago, Tod (Weezer's biggest fan) said:

When I filed divorce this last time, I cited reconcilable differences. And when questioned if that was a mistake, I smiled at my ex-wife while she cried in the corner of the office we were in and explained that while I was sure our issues were nothing we or anybody would have any trouble working out I DIDN'T WANT TO BECAUSE SHE SUCKS. 

Really showed her. It was a win/win too because she also got custody of the kid.  Sharing custody would mean more responsibility, which would mean less Weezer shows. 

Lmao! ? That's awesome I give you a lot of credit to take the initiative. You realized your mistake and didn't waste time like most men do, just waiting for their dumb wife to divorce them. 

• Crab 1

I want to hear more justification why Jen needs all this money to raise children for "unpaid labor" even though she has enough disposable income to purchase boats that cost $200,000

Tom was right to cheat on her. Hot girls throwing themselves at you while you have an ungrateful wife at home? No brainer

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

16 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Lmao! ? That's awesome I give you a lot of credit to take the initiative. You realized your mistake and didn't waste time like most men do, just waiting for their dumb wife to divorce them. 

Do you ever have moments of clarity that clue you in that you're retarded or is it just drooling-bliss 24/7?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fce49ff9d0014c33e4

I fucking hate that cunt. I refuse to watch it because he makes me shake with rage. Missus loses the head with me after I’ve called him a cunt for the tenth time in the space of 10 minutes. Would love to smash a cake mixer over his skull

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Relationships take work.  Kind of a pussy if you just drop out at the first sign of adversity.

I don't know why I responded.

29 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Are you talking about that AVA show you went to even though you hated Tom with a passion? I remember you filming yourself backstage when Tom was talking to a bunch of fans like 30 meters behind you, and you were all emotional like “Tom is actually a nice guy”. It looked as if you were too scared to walk up to him and start talking along with the other fans. 

Yeah, that's not what happened.

Well, you said it in the silliest way possible ... you turned a story about you meeting Tom into a story all about how awesome you are at meeting people unlike 99% of everyone else. 

Do you not see how that's eye-roll worthy?

You're on a Blink board ... the only part of the story anyone here actually gives a shit about just got bypassed so you can highfive yourself and add another "better than thou" to your list.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Well, you said it in the silliest way possible ... you turned a story about you meeting Tom into a story all about how awesome you are at meeting people unlike 99% of everyone else. 

Do you not see how that's eye-roll worthy?

You're on a Blink board ... the only part of the story anyone here actually gives a shit about just got bypassed so you can highfive yourself and add another "better than thou" to your list.

This sums it up perfectly really Oliver, you really seem to have perfected the art of simultaneous story telling/self fellatio.

• Like 1