Jump to content
 
Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Thread: Teleprompter Edition

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

 

I almost felt bad for him here. Dunno why. It's like the end of the Facebook movie when Lex Luthor is checking his website alone over and over to see if his ex girlfriend is going to accept his friend request...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, objectively i don't think he's overweight. but as i said, he's playing a different game than the average 40 year old. playing the teenage girl game, you should probably not have a beer belly and a bloated face!

He clearly doesn't want the teenage girl fandom though so he probably doesn't really give a shit about having a body like a temple.

I think his fans are probably a pretty even split of guys and girls too, mainly teens and youngsters of course (although it's clear he wants to appeal to a much more mature audience) which goes back to my point about him being too fussed on how he looks physically.

He's not Zac Efron...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you have to be a teenage girl to want to be all up in Tom's junk? I'm a 30 year old guy and I still want a slice of that pie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

He clearly doesn't want the teenage girl fandom though so he probably doesn't really give a shit about having a body like a temple.

I think his fans are probably a pretty even split of guys and girls too, mainly teens and youngsters of course (although it's clear he wants to appeal to a much more mature audience) which goes back to my point about him being too fussed on how he looks physically.

He's not Zac Efron...

 

I don't think he actually wants to bang a teenager, but I bet he enjoys the idea that they dig him.

Im just gonna leave this photo here.

 

65e1385dfe47d03bbed5a4d9d045bc96.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously he's still catering to teens. "Poet Anderson" is a blatant attempt at creating his own little Harry Potter. isn't it about a foul mouthed teenage school boy who drifts off to fantasy land or something stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Obviously he's still catering to teens. "Poet Anderson" is a blatant attempt at creating his own little Harry Potter. isn't it about a foul mouthed teenage school boy who drifts off to fantasy land or something stupid?

I think more than anything Tom thinks he's only ever appealed to teens.  I don't think he realizes that a lot of blink fans are in their 20s and 30s now and they still love blink and what he did in the band.  It's clear that he thought blink was mostly a joke, and he thought that AaA was what was going to get him to appeal to people of all ages.  When the reality was all he had to do was stick with blink, and he'd have seen that he'd be reaching people of all ages as they got older and still loved the music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally saw the video, even purposely filming himself alone in his car he still sounds like he doesn't want to be there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

Finally saw the video, even purposely filming himself alone in his car he still sounds like he doesn't want to be there.

It seems that in the video Tom is finding it hard as hell to commit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thongrider said:

WDNTW lyrics and most AVA lyrics make me cringe. And it's pretty bad when lyrics make me cringe. 

Have you read The Lonely Astronaut ? I listened to Tom DeLonges live reading of it, it was cringeworthy ... And also made me realize Tom has been trying to make To The Stars a thing for over 3 years now ... And it's still not doing much. Not to knock him or anything, I'm still a huge supporter but like, how come he says everything is gonna be huge and then it's just not. With most people, they'd at least hit gold with ONE project at least .... Tom just seems to just miss it, every time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...