The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, selks said:

fuck, that didn't take long!

look, I'm a fence-sitter when it comes to Tom...I really don't know what to think. I want to still like him, but that Facebook post was not the high road. He is:

• Playing the victim card ("odd time for the Blink-182 legacy"? you poisoned the legacy!!)
  • Publically dissing Feldy, which as mentioned is totally ironic considering he had a songwriter (Ilan Rubin) construct that last Angels LP
  • Publically dissing Good Charlotte, 5SoS (who are all fans of blink ... that's not right)
  • Saying "New World" is much better than "Bored to Death"
  • Shamefully plugging his dumb ass projects

brutal. SMH.

He didn't actually do any of those things. That's what you make of what he says.

Time to give the guy a break people, he needs it.

• Like 1

I've said it before, but I'm actually open to the idea of Tom coming back, eventually. But not soon. Bring on blink with Skiba!!

The thing is, if Tom ever does come back, I'd be sad to see Matt go. If Tom ever does join the band it would be interesting to see what they could do as a four-piece.

• Like 4

Jesus people.
I was personally ecstatic when I read Tom's comment. I also happen to agree with him...Tom has always wanted to separate blink from bands like Good Charlotte and 5 Seconds of Summer...which are bands that I personally am not a fan of. Tom wanted to move the band forward not see the band in stagnation. LOOK AT FUCKING SELF TITLED GUYS. Most people on here agree that self titled is blinks best work and I TRULY believe that Tom is credited for taking the bold move to push the band in that direction (after experimenting with box car racer). Now I am not saying Tom is the ONLY reason self titled was what it was (in fact my favorite song off of self titled in probably heres your letter). But anyone who thinks that masterpiece would have been anywhere near as good without Tom is fucking blind.

I truly believe people on here should be happy and grateful they are communicating with each other. Tom is obviously a little bitter about whats going on and frustrated but I think its understandable. Tom has his problems...he delayed blink multiple times from recording and stopped taking things seriously but I feel like there is a lot of evidence that he did this largely because they could not agree on how to move the band forward. 

Now I am personally excited to see what blink comes up with for the new record and I think it will be a great nostalgic trip. Do I think it will be lacking progression though? Absolutely. Part of that blink magic is the push and pull between Tom Mark and Travis. The stars really aligned on them finding each other and with this current line up I still think they will make great things...but will they ever hit the heights they made while Tom was in the band? Hell no. 

• Like 7

Tom makes some weird edits to his posts.  I have it open on two different browsers and the first version ended with

"I look forward to my upcoming Feature Film, the Historical-Fiction Sekret Machines Project, the Poet Anderson adventure, the ridiculous stories of Strange Times, and a hell of a lot more...

....Maybe even a bit of Blink-182 if we can build back that "special something" that was once there."

whereas the revised one ends with

"I really do look forward to my upcoming film and music adventures, and a hell of a lot more...

....Maybe throw in a bit of Blink-182, if we can build back that "special something" that was once there."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freestyleskater182 said:

Jesus people.
I was personally ecstatic when I read Tom's comment. I also happen to agree with him...Tom has always wanted to separate blink from bands like Good Charlotte and 5 Seconds of Summer...which are bands that I personally am not a fan of. Tom wanted to move the band forward not see the band in stagnation. LOOK AT FUCKING SELF TITLED GUYS. Most people on here agree that self titled is blinks best work and I TRULY believe that Tom is credited for taking the bold move to push the band in that direction (after experimenting with box car racer). Now I am not saying Tom is the ONLY reason self titled was what it was (in fact my favorite song off of self titled in probably heres your letter). But anyone who thinks that masterpiece would have been anywhere near as good without Tom is fucking blind.

I truly believe people on here should be happy and grateful they are communicating with each other. Tom is obviously a little bitter about whats going on and frustrated but I think its understandable. Tom has his problems...he delayed blink multiple times from recording and stopped taking things seriously but I feel like there is a lot of evidence that he did this largely because they could not agree on how to move the band forward. 

Now I am personally excited to see what blink comes up with for the new record and I think it will be a great nostalgic trip. Do I think it will be lacking progression though? Absolutely. Part of that blink magic is the push and pull between Tom Mark and Travis. The stars really aligned on them finding each other and with this current line up I still think they will make great things...but will they ever hit the heights they made while Tom was in the band? Hell no. 

You're full of shit if you REALLY think they;re talking. I;m sorry but that was a bull face fucking lie. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Freestyleskater182 said:

Jesus people.

You've heard ONE song. Judge their progression once you've heard it all.

As mark said in the Rolling Stone article:

"It goes in a lot of different directions," says Hoppus. "We have some songs that sound like Blink-182 from 1999. ... We have some songs that are like nothing we have ever done before. We have a ballad called 'Home Is Such a Lonely Place' that has clean arpeggiated finger-picking guitars with strings underneath it. We have super-fast late-Nineties-punk-rock-sounding songs. ... We tried to capture the energy and not worry so much about all the knobs."

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've said it before, but I'm actually open to the idea of Tom coming back, eventually. But not soon. Bring on blink with Skiba!!

The thing is, if Tom ever does come back, I'd be sad to see Matt go. If Tom ever does join the band it would be interesting to see what they could do as a four-piece.

I think the only way I'd be okay with Tom coming back again after everything that's transpired is a once-off reunion show, like 20th anniversary of Enema, or something. I don't think I'd want him to be a member of the band anymore, as sad as that is to say. On the off chance that he realizes no one really cares about all this TOP SECRET CIA UFO stuff that hasn't really amounted to anything (I thought Sekret Machines was supposed to change everything?), he'll go back to blink, and even then it'll probably feel like a walk of shame to him. But i dunno, I guess we'll see.

8 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Not really considering all the bullshit delays he's put Mark and travis through for 10 years. 

"Yeah I just met with Mark yesterday! Talking with Travis everyday now! I mean I didn't do that when we were making Neighborhoods but I swear!"