The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's impressive how terrible that movie is after how much time and energy they put into it.

I saw it with a friend in the theater when they premiered it and I wss fucking confused the whole time. I don't think it had a story arc at all, it was just a series of scenes playing out and eventually it ended. Then the live performance portion came and we don't talk about that.

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's impressive how terrible that movie is after how much time and energy they put into it.

The visuals and what they did with the resources they had was objectively impressive, that’s probably mostly a testament to Will Eubank. The story was definitely the major issue with it.

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I remember being so fucking bored in the theater I pulled my phone out assuming it was almost over.  

...it had literally been 20-30 minutes.  I was a full-time Tombot then, and it was still miserable. 

That “movie” is easily the worst thing Tom as ever been a part of. Can’t believe I saw it in the theater tbh. You can tell by watching that making of video that none of them had a clue what the fuck was going on LOL. 

The concept of that movie is great but I've not seen it. Sounds a bit too pretentious for my liking. I've seen the movie called Moon which is also about an astronaut stuck in space. Great movie. Don't think Tom DeLonge and his movie crew could've ever pulled it off as well as Moon.

2 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Was that why Atom was canned or left? Serious question have no idea, but he hired basically some random kid to direct it?

I think he just left because AVA wasnt a full time thing anymore. He wanted to tour and release more music. 

• Like 1

Just now, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Was that why Atom was canned or left? Serious question have no idea, but he hired basically some random kid to direct it?

Nah Atom left because he needed to tour/make music to survive and they didn't all have the luxury of chilling on blink money and working as they please. No bad blood, just had to be in a more active band.

That movie was awful, easily one of the worst movies I've ever sat through.

• Like 1