The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Matt is himself in Alk and his projects. Have you seen his darker influence in blink? Neither have I because he is doing what he's allowed to. Maybe if it was just Mark, Travis and Matt + a producer in the studio, the end product would be different and arguably more enjoyable because it would have felt more genuine. Only then criticism towards Matt would be more in place but now it seems he is to blame for the pop writing team's shortcomings.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Matt doesn't even write and does as much as someone at a kareoke club does.  Tom at least had to plop together something on Neighborhoods and use some of his riffs.

Objectively wrong:

boom.jpg.d88d40ec075cfce7e12d402e2e4f39b7.jpg

Facts 1, fanfic 0.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

The tombots get offended by anything Matt does. Poor Cunt could sneeze onstage and there’d be a 6page thread with the same people complaining about it.

Would never happen. Mark has told him he’s not allowed to sneeze. Ever. He has to do what he’s told or he’s out. 

• Haha 1

New Tom interview:

https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/tom-delonge-angels-and-airwaves-new-music-ufo-videos-blink-182-2505687

This is interesting about new AVA:

"In many ways, what Angels is doing on this next record is kinda what my vision for where I wanted Blink to go in the future was. Not that it was created yet, but I started Blink so I had a vision in my head for what it should be in the beginning and then where it should go. But I don’t own the band. I have partners and everyone’s voice was equal. It was like three guys trying to drive the car at the same time and that’s what made it great."

• Like 1

He said the new AVA stuff is on a "24 month schedule"... dang, it may be awhile folks.

Blink quote:

"I’m excited for my brothers in Blink to evolve, do what they want to do and create art the way they want to create it. And I’m not in the way of that, in any way, shape or form. I completely support them. The better they do, the better it is for all of us. People can see the creative differences when they listen to the Blink stuff and they listen to what I’m doing with Angels & Airwaves. They can start to understand why I didn’t fit as well with the things they want to do. I just have a lot to say. I have a lot of emotions I want to get out. It’s really hard for me to do that in that specific arrangement but it doesn’t mean I don’t care about them, love them and want them to succeed. It just means I want my own canvas to paint on."

• Haha 1

I hate when he retroactively places importance on the beginning of Blink, as if he had this grand master plan in mind and by "starting the band" at age 17 or whatever he was intentionally setting the plan in motion. Big Oily Men wasn't cutting it so he had to start anew and recruit a lackey named Mark in order to execute his musical vision, yeah that's it........ now who's got a line that rhymes with "that bitch has got four toes"??

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He said the new AVA stuff is on a "24 month schedule"... dang, it may be awhile folks.

Blink quote:

"I’m excited for my brothers in Blink to evolve, do what they want to do and create art the way they want to create it. And I’m not in the way of that, in any way, shape or form. I completely support them. The better they do, the better it is for all of us. People can see the creative differences when they listen to the Blink stuff and they listen to what I’m doing with Angels & Airwaves. They can start to understand why I didn’t fit as well with the things they want to do. I just have a lot to say. I have a lot of emotions I want to get out. It’s really hard for me to do that in that specific arrangement but it doesn’t mean I don’t care about them, love them and want them to succeed. It just means I want my own canvas to paint on."

Well that wasn’t passive-aggressive at all.

i also really really hate when he keeps repeating “i started that band” ad infinitum, as if credit himself as solely responsible for the success of the band. and while it’s true he started the band, proof suggests he started it with scott, and mark joined after. so scott has as much a claim as he does. idk, it always just rubs me in such a wrong way

Just now, boxelder said:

i also really really hate when he keeps repeating “i started that band” ad infinitum, as if credit himself as solely responsible for the success of the band. and while it’s true he started the band, proof suggests he started it with scott, and mark joined after. so scott has as much a claim as he does. idk, it always just rubs me in such a wrong way

Hey, Boxelder?

11 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

I didn't read that as passove aggressive at all ... full of himself, sure, but it wasn't him being passive aggressive. 

Yeah I was gonna say. It’s nice he has warmed up to the band but he still has to find a way to take an ego trip and make it about how “progressive” he is. I don’t entirely like the direction blink is going but it’s amazing how he doesn’t hear the shit that comes out of his mouth.