The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

18 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Is Tom finally doing cardio or changed his diet or something

Dude gives off a fresh youthfull appearance lately

He kinda has that thing going on when you run every night for 3 months and drink tons of water and you sweat out the bullshit in your pores

9dOeF6f.jpg

He’s single now, and getting ready to head out on tour. You’re prob spot on.

1 hour ago, jordidanen95 said:

Is Tom finally doing cardio or changed his diet or something

Dude gives off a fresh youthfull appearance lately

He kinda has that thing going on when you run every night for 3 months and drink tons of water and you sweat out the bullshit in your pores

9dOeF6f.jpg

Every day he's more and more again like the Tom I'd fuck!

• Like 1

I just want to say good for Tom.  I know Rebel Girl isn't anything special but I'm glad to see it's gaining some traction.  And it's nice to see that general audiences agreed with the "vocal minority" that BIOMY is an absolute shit song. As the lead single from a new Blink album, BIOMY was a disaster - there's no way to spin it.  Couldn't even break the top 10 on the  Billboard alternative chart and is all the way down to #31 and will probably be off the chart next week. 

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 8.27.09 AM.png

1 hour ago, BlinkFloyd said:

I just want to say good for Tom.  I know Rebel Girl isn't anything special but I'm glad to see it's gaining some traction.  And it's nice to see that general audiences agreed with the "vocal minority" that BIOMY is an absolute shit song. As the lead single from a new Blink album, BIOMY was a disaster - there's no way to spin it.  Couldn't even break the top 10 on the  Billboard alternative chart and is all the way down to #31 and will probably be off the chart next week. 

Yikes - scary that Mark called BIOMY as the quintessential song of the new album (or words to that effect).

• Like 1

Before people jump in with oh well blame it on my youth peaked much higher, I’m guessing staying power might be valued more over peaking for a couple weeks and crashing. Honestly don’t know, but the songs came out basically within a week so it easy to compare the two 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Before people jump in with oh well blame it on my youth peaked much higher, I’m guessing staying power might be valued more over peaking for a couple weeks and crashing. Honestly don’t know, but the songs came out basically within a week so it easy to compare the two 

I'm sure people will use that excuse but it's not valid.  Or that BIOMY didn't have proper promotion but that's rubbish.  Blink still had the machine behind the single.  My local alternative station was talking up the premiere big time and I'm sure alternative stations across the country were doing the same.  Promotion for Rebel Girl was basically Tom on Instagram and that one radio station. 

Blink has a bigger label, a bigger name and also it is the first single from the upcoming album - all those factors are enough to have a song which will get close to top-10, and BIOMY did, but since it is a generic song, it didn't have the power to crack into top-10. Darkside would definitely get to top-5 since its way catchier.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Where is that screen from? The chart from billboard website doesn't have Rebel Girl. https://www.billboard.com/charts/alternative-songs

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BlinkFloyd said:

The screenshot is from a different chart than Billboard.  I should have made that more clear.  Here it is: 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/mediabase_chart_details&fmt=R3

That’s really misleading, rebel girl isn’t even on the billboard chart. This is some random chart that looks like whatever it’s tracking is radio spins? But radio spins for what, a few stations under this umbrella, all stations?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NotNow said:

That’s really misleading, rebel girl isn’t even on the billboard chart. This is some random chart that looks like whatever it’s tracking is radio spins? But radio spins for what, a few stations under this umbrella, all stations?

I would like Rebel Girl to be successful, I think it at least deserves to be in top-40 alt songs like Surrender did.

• Like 1