The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Watching this Bob Lazar Netflix thing (MIT guy who supposedly worked on reverse engineering alien spacecraft for the government) and if no one believes this guy, I can only imagine how laughable Tom’s case is for many...

He’s said a thousand more things than Tom, without fear, without hesitation.

So this is kind of random but I was watching through some old Cheetah-videos from 2001-2002 last night and in one of them Mark apologizes for cancelling the European tour because Tom fucked up his back and was in a lot of pain but if Tom injured his back in late 2001 why did he go insane with the painkillers in 2005-2006?

I just don't get the timeline at all for his injury and then blaming it for being nuts in 2005.

1 hour ago, Emil said:

So this is kind of random but I was watching through some old Cheetah-videos from 2001-2002 last night and in one of them Mark apologizes for cancelling the European tour because Tom fucked up his back and was in a lot of pain but if Tom injured his back in late 2001 why did he go insane with the painkillers in 2005-2006?

I just don't get the timeline at all for his injury and then blaming it for being nuts in 2005.

Tom had major back issues around then, that's why BCR happened partly because a lot of different serious issues happened at once (being in hospital, his gran dying, his brother going to war) its why he wrote Letters To God. The dependency on pain killers is afterwards, probably from the healing process. 

6 hours ago, Emil said:

It can take time to develop an addiction and dependency. 

17 minutes ago, NotNow said:

The song is called Kiss and Tell, and it’s the clip from the tour video.

Hopefully it kicks into something harder, I thought Tom said awhile back the second single would blow people away with more punk rock roots... that intro/outro or whatever clip isn’t gonna cut it.

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hopefully it kicks into something harder, I thought Tom said awhile back the second single would blow people away with more punk rock roots... that intro/outro or whatever clip isn’t gonna cut it.

No pretty sure he said the second single brings back classic AVA which people have been asking him for a while. I remember him using the word soaring

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Emil said:

We don't really know. Tom blamed the pills, but was it really the pills? Tom had back surgery in late 2001/early 2002 but did he get hooked then? Was he pain free for awhile and then the pain started up again? Was he a pill head in 2002? 2003? 2004?

All we really know is, he blamed his "The next coming of Jesus christ" statements on pills.

If I had to guess, I'd say Tom was indeed addicted to pills during a certain time between 2002-2006. I personally do not believe that contributed overall to what seemed to be a breakdown in late 2004/ early 2005 but might have been a contributing factor?

5 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

If Rebel Girl is the best song, I weep for their future. Especially when he pulls out the standard buzz he uses when his music is shit. "Soaring Goosebumps"....etc

He says he loves it because the 80s new wave vibes.  Which it exactly has.  He says in another interview he doesn't think it'll be the fan favorite but he loves the 80s stuff the most.

I guess we'll wait and see. 

Chasing Shadows and Rebel Girl have me pretty interested