The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't really like music videos in general but that was... fine, I guess. I didn't hate but it was weird and creepy.

"he's here. he has a motorcycle!" lmao

The only interruption to a music video I've ever liked was the first date video with the girl on the bike getting fucked up. Beyond that?  Just play the stupid song and get the damn thing over with ... subtitle it if you REALLY have to put dialogue in there; cut the voices, show the lips move and subtitle it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

blink needs to do silly videos like First Date, Josie, and Dammit again. Those are the only ones that I've ever really liked.

What about All The Small Things, bruh?! Funny how their two most annoying songs (ATST and First Date) are their best music videos (imo)

59 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Same people who mock Blink for being too immature are saying that was good.

@Ghent has got a point there.

This video was pathetic, and the fact that people are okay with Tom writing to teenagers as a 40 something year old man is very hypocritical.

No one said it was good.

1 hour ago, mahtmd said:

It wasn't a great video but I didn't find it as offensive as everyone else - but reading everyone's reactions was hilarious, so thank you. 

I didn't find it "offensive" as much as just a bizarre mix of ridiculously cheesy and then ridiculously tone deaf. The world doesn't exactly need a lighthearted(?) portrayal of a loner young man who feels he's owed something by a woman and then resorts to an ultra bloody fantasy when things don't go his way. 

It wasn't "offensive" because obviously whoever made it didn't mean for it to come across that way, but seriously it started out like a music video project made by college freshmen as a class assignment and then ended up like something for freaks on 8chan.

I feel like the video assisted with the cinderella line with the friend zone take, then made no sense with the actual good lines (do you want to go back to where we started??)

I actually laughed out loud at some of 'Tommys' expressions, they were ridiculously sad, but the dialogue was so jarring and ruined one of the best blink-related songs in a while.  I get the 80s idea but wtf with the whole thing.

Do you want to go back to where we started? Yes I want to go back to where I was jamming this everyday to just the album art.

Also this was apparently before Tom started losing weight.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marik said:

Ok, i'll say it...... i liked the video. I liked the ol' skool 'storyline' element that u dont see much these days. (Everyone liked After Midnight video, right?). The band footage had cool lighting/setting. I dont think Tom looked too cringe at all. And the storyling turns dark and ends kinds funny.

I think most were just going into this waiting to not like it tbh. 

I think Tom was the only non-cringey part of the video

• Like 1