The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

43 minutes ago, Ghent said:

All things considered it's amazing blink's fan base is still as huge as it is. An MTV pop punk band originally made famous for teenagers surviving into their 40s with major lineup changes is impressive.

Yup I agree with that! I'll always give them props for Bored To Death doing EXACTLY what they wanted it to. Awesome song and absolutely perfect for their big reintroduction to the masses after so many years of weirdness.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Definitely not from it's inception.  Tom started the band out with the belief that it'd be bigger than blink, if you don't recognize that, then you're not well versed in the history of the band.  At this point the band definitely is a side project, but that was not what Tom originally intended for the band, but it never really took off in such a way for him, much like many of his other endeavors of the time like modlife.

I meant the fans perspective, not Toms. 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Tom/Matt/Ilan are playing an acoustic show in front of the most boring seated crowd rn? Just heard parts of Rebel Girl on Aaron's IG story...

They have Do It For Me Now, Rebel Girl and Anomaly on AVA instagram story. It's a super weird setup for sure. Bunch of seated people in like a classroom looking place with radio station banners plastered all over the place. They sound good acoustic though. Kinda weird that Ilan is playing guitar though and David is no where in sight

The comment that he liked said X10 is better than NINE. I don’t even know what X10 is? 

Oh X10 as in ten times better? I guess, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tom didn’t even understand the comment, but who knows maybe he did. The capital X and it being before the 10 threw me off. I thought it was a camera.

u8uqdvob1ik31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 9/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, NotNow said:

The comment that he liked said X10 is better than NINE. I don’t even know what X10 is? 

Oh X10 as in ten times better? I guess, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tom didn’t even understand the comment, but who knows maybe he did. The capital X and it being before the 10 threw me off. I thought it was a camera.

u8uqdvob1ik31.jpg

A touch dick-ish of Tom but the idea of him taking a jab at the dishevelled corpse that is current blink is amusing 

Devil's advocate 
Tom thought he literally meant 10x better than nine
so 90

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, yodda said:

A touch dick-ish of Tom but the idea of him taking a jab at the dishevelled corpse that is current blink is amusing 

Devil's advocate 
Tom thought he literally meant 10x better than nine
so 90

Honestly ok with this. I hated when Tom and Mark were liking each others' instagram stories in hopes the two blink factions would show there's no bad blood anymore and unite the fans. But it came out even less disingenuous than them saying there's no bad blood in interviews. Like it felt like a ploy. Or Mark just pitied Tom's separation with Jenn. If the beef was truly buried Tom would be back and Skiba could go back to playing clubs with Alk3. We're not idiots.