Jump to content
 
Snowflake Oliver

The Tom Delonge Thread: Teleprompter Edition

Recommended Posts

On 9/27/2019 at 5:14 PM, thongrider said:

I think Matt has written even better songs with alk 3 than Black Rain. I don't doubt that he can write something like that. I think the question is whether he is comfortable with it or allowed to do it in Blink.

I have a similar feel with that song. Matt's verses are great and they feel natural, but it looks like they had to arrange the song thinking in that old fear of 'not sounding too much AK3', the same fear that made them scrap the whole first set of demos they did before California. So to me it ends up sounding a little bit forced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Rain reminds me of Time to Waste by Alkaline Trio a bit...

TTW is a much better song though obviously, I like Black Rain and appreciate what they were trying to do but it's a second or third tier album song for me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Black Rain reminds me of Time to Waste by Alkaline Trio a bit...

TTW is a much better song though obviously, I like Black Rain and appreciate what they were trying to do but it's a second or third tier album song for me. 

like almost all songwriters matt reuse the same riffs and melodies often by slithly alternaitng them to create new ones

i find to say that black rain sounds like ttw a bitch of a stretch 

to me black rain is just a watered down extansion of what matts usualy do and in this case i find it just unorignal and boring

just like with no heart to speak off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

like almost all songwriters matt reuse the same riffs and melodies often by slithly alternaitng them to create new ones

i find to say that black rain sounds like ttw a bitch of a stretch 

to me black rain is just a watered down extansion of what matts usualy do and in this case i find it just unorignal and boring

just like with no heart to speak off

The guitar work is quite similar, as is the general speed/vibe of the song.

Also he sings much lower like he does in AK3 here as well.

I'm not saying Black Rain is the spitting image of a song, just that it reminds me a bit of TTW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

The guitar work is quite similar, as is the general speed/vibe of the song.

Also he sings much lower like he does in AK3 here as well.

I'm not saying Black Rain is the spitting image of a song, just that it reminds me a bit of TTW. 

i was thinking of his vocals in the parts he signs on

for the guitar in the mark hoppus parts its deffinitly in the same vain as the main riff of time to waste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Holy heck black rain has been stuck in my head and its not a bad song but after replaying for the 800th time I am about ready to sever my brain stem to make it stop. Or I guess I could go listen to something else.

It’s a song for alphas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You own the same book dude.

Exactly. I know the material now so I now how beta someone must be to need it.

But tbh I was just having a dig at ya because this beta/alpha bullshit you keep bringing up is so fucking ridiculous there’s nothing else for us to do then make jokes about it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Holy heck black rain has been stuck in my head and its not a bad song but after replaying for the 800th time I am about ready to sever my brain stem to make it stop. Or I guess I could go listen to something else.

thats the feldman effect 

this is exactly what he was trying to do to you with how he produced those songs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kay said:

Jesus, Tom talking about fatherhood is probably the smartest he's ever come across. He's got such a good attitude, like obviously it could all be fluff PR stuff but damn. Can't believe how old his kids are now though. 

Fucking mental. Remember that vid where he’s holding Ava as a new born. 17 years ago wtf. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fucking mental. Remember that vid where he’s holding Ava as a new born. 17 years ago wtf. 

It's proper nuts when you think about it, considering she was born before Untitled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

That article said Tom is 6"7...he's a tall guy but no fucking way is he that tall haha. 

6'4, I thought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...