Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Thread: Teleprompter Edition

23 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I am okay I guess. I am glad the heat of the summer ended yesterday. I am pretty burnt out with having some obligation every weekend for the last 2 months.

How are you doing Jane?

Oh yeah, I hate it too when I have too much stuff going on all the time, especially on the weekends. So exhausting. Hope you'll have a more relaxing weekend this time.

I'm glad the summer is finally over, too. And being a loner in this world is not great. Damn masses of people everywhere.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jane said:

Oh yeah, I hate it too when I have too much stuff going on all the time, especially on the weekends. So exhausting. Hope you'll have a more relaxing weekend this time.

I'm glad the summer is finally over, too. And being a loner in this world is not great. Damn masses of people everywhere.

Yeah, Only recently I've realized I am an introvert. I use to be so hard on myself for not wanting to be around lots of people. Skipping out on a lot of stuff with my friends and then them taking it personally and telling me I was horrible. I felt so guilty. But this introvert stuff is a real thing. Not something to feel guilty about. I don't hate people, I don't hate socializing. In fact I need people a lot.  I just have a lower tolerance for the massive groups. My social energy gets depleted a lot quicker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, Only recently I've realized I am an introvert. I use to be so hard on myself for not wanting to be around lots of people. Skipping out on a lot of stuff with my friends and then them taking it personally and telling me I was horrible. I felt so guilty. But this introvert stuff is a real thing. Not something to feel guilty about. I don't hate people, I don't hate socializing. In fact I need people a lot.  I just have a lower tolerance for the massive groups. My social energy gets depleted a lot quicker.

That arn’t good characteristics for an alpha...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I know what you mean. I'm the same. Never been a fan of "big group activities" and such. Sometimes I just need to be alone. My friends know that's just me being me, so, no big deal. With my coworkers it's a more difficult. I'm sure some of them must be thinking I can't stand them 'cause many times I prefer to have lunch on my own.

• Sad 1

”To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences (TTSA)—the UFO research organization founded by former Blink 182 star Tom DeLonge—has struck a research deal with the U.S. Army”
https://gizmodo.com/uh-the-army-just-contracted-with-tom-delonges-ufo-gr-1839176479?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook
😶 😶 😶 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

”To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences (TTSA)—the UFO research organization founded by former Blink 182 star Tom DeLonge—has struck a research deal with the U.S. Army”
https://gizmodo.com/uh-the-army-just-contracted-with-tom-delonges-ufo-gr-1839176479?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook
😶 😶 😶 

Great now we get to get 20 Instagram posts of Tom screenshotting his computer and awkward mentions during AvA interviews..

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

"struck a research deal with the U.S. Army”

it's funny because, yea, it's an agreement to work together but neither party pays the other. it's just "let's be friends."

• Like 1

TTS is the stupidest, most worthless company ever. Worse than Enron. Hopefully the US govt shuts them down or buys them out somehow and Tom can get back to making music

50 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

TTS is the stupidest, most worthless company ever. Worse than Enron. Hopefully the US govt shuts them down or buys them out somehow and Tom can get back to making music

Just wait, announcements on the way You'll see..

Pretty wild that Tom said that the first one they filmed (which came out in July 2016) was the first time he had jammed with an electric guitar for a couple of years at that point. (So we're going back to ~2014....essentially no guitar from 2014/2015 which you can see what that did to blink)

Also a neat jam in there around ~9:16 I didn't recognize, new?

6 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Pretty wild that Tom said that the first one they filmed (which came out in July 2016) was the first time he had jammed with an electric guitar for a couple of years at that point. (So we're going back to ~2014....essentially no guitar from 2014/2015 which you can see what that did to blink)

Also a neat jam in there around ~9:16 I didn't recognize, new?

Just watched it and it felt like he was saying this interview was the first time he'd played in years. Could be wrong though. Was a fun video. 

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Thats not technically what he said, it was the first time he'd jammed on electric in a "amps on" environment, he'd been playing guitar in the studio through virtual amps and speakers, not through like an actual live space with the volume up.

and he's right - I do a lot of writing for my band at home through virtual amps and head phones and then we get into a rehearsal room and do it full and it makes such a difference to like the decisions you make in a song, how you play it, how it feels etc. if I had his sort of money and resources though I never would do the virtual amp method of writing I just do that because I have neighbours lol. 

Speaking of Toms crazy alien craze, I had a super weird conversation with my Dad the other day. My dad has absolutely zero interest in blink and was always dismayed at me being a fan growing up, he taught me to play guitar and I used it to play blink and stuff and he absolutely hated it haha but my dad is also a super conspiracy nutcase sometimes. he says some ridiculously stupid stuff occasionally. 

Well he'd been watching Toms show on the history channel, and was like "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?" and I was like "Yeah Dad I told you Tom Delonge has been doing crazy alien shit for years" and he was like "But he's working with the government! this looks like some serious shit" and I'm like "eeeeeeh" and he's going on about how awesome the stuff Tom's doing is and I'm sort've just like... this is the weirdest conversation in the world. He's known of Tom for years, I didn't shut up about him growing up, he's had posters of that knob around his house for years and suddenly he's like "hey that Tom Delonge guy is pretty cool" and I'm like 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1