The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

21 hours ago, Kay said:

I'll agree it's better than any riff on California, but thats because there is only one riff on California and it's reused and barely a riff at all.

However, This isn't that interesting. but I guess a lot of you guys don't listen to much acoustic stuff? like it's...okay... I don't dislike it, but it's nothing to get excited about. 

Well yeah I mean, it's just in the context of Blink 182 though. None of their acoustic performances are mind blowing or anything, and none of Tom's riffs are all that mind blowing on acoustic either. And I'm guessing most people here listen to plenty of acoustic stuff haha. But after following the band all these years and after seeing a sad lack of guitar creativity on California, it's nice hearing a Tom riff that's easy to imagine being in a cool Blink 182 song.

• Like 1

That riff is pretty standard Tom. Would be awesome as a blink song but will more likely get "spaced out" and stripped of all its humanity. Will be barely recognizable as a guitar part by the time it's released.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Rather see near enough all Tom's social media stuff than constantly read Mark Hoppus terrible one liners/attempts to be funny on Twitter.

Mark is SOOOOOOo boring on Instagram holy fuck. He trashes Tom for being obsessed with Aliens but he's probably got like 10 pics of Stonehenge that all look exactly the same. I legitimately think hes such a dull online personality in his old age... I LOVE Toms posts, His "Hey" posts make me laugh every single time. Travis has his moments where stuff is great on his IG, and some things that are meh ... But He's at least interesting when he's not blowing spit bubbles lol. But yeah, Mark.... I think the whole being funny thing is just forced now, he's not funny at all anymore.

A couple of weeks ago I read on a blink page on Facebook that some kids have met David Kennedy and Ilan's brother (I don't even know who he is, why he is relevent or what he has to do with Tom) and asked them about AVA but they said that it's all up to Tom and they didn't know anything about that acoustic release. 

Mark was so weird when I met him in 2012. He talked all the time about how he was trying to buy 24 cases of wine and put them on a plane to post them to the UK so they could have been enough for 6/8 months and I was like "yeah, cool" But it wasn't that cool haha

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

A couple of weeks ago I read on a blink page on Facebook that some kids have met David Kennedy and Ilan's brother (I don't even know who he is, why he is relevent or what he has to do with Tom) and asked them about AVA but they said that it's all up to Tom and they didn't know anything about that acoustic release. 

Mark was so weird when I met him in 2012. He talked all the time about how he was trying to buy 24 cases of wine and put them on a plane to post them to the UK so they could have been enough for 6/8 months and I was like "yeah, cool" But it wasn't that cool haha

Aaron Rubin has been Toms engineer since Critter died.

He'd be better off just starting a new band. The AVA thing has run its course x10. Everyone who has ever been in the band has quit or been kicked out except DK, who is a paid Tom servant. What's the point? Just start a solo project with a band name and see what happens.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He'd be better off just starting a new band. The AVA thing has run its course x10. Everyone who has ever been in the band has quit or been kicked out except DK, who is a paid Tom servant. What's the point? Just start a solo project with a band name and see what happens.

This is pretty much what he needs to do. Just start over with a new band or even something solo and not talk it up to be the next big thing or associate it with some To The Stars crap. If he just focused on the music I'm sure he could write a few solid songs. I doubt they would be close to anything he wrote with blink but something decent would be interesting to hear. Unfortunately I don't see any of this happening. 

• Like 2

If Tom ever does another band then he needs to let the other members have creative input. Tom, being the control freak that he is, only hampers songs when he thinks he should write everything. It always makes everything sound so repetitive and the same. Of course that's wishful thinking. It'll never happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

He seems to be doing better, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think there is a giant pre-order music package extravaganza on the horizon. Doesn't take a business professional to know that those terrible books he is releasing aren't gonna pay the bills.

. When Tom isn't into something, he puts no effort into it. We should know this all too well. So any music will be some greatest hits or something slapped together, old shit in a new package.

The only way we get something great is if Tom have some music epiphany and throws himself back into it, but even these days it seems his passions have a shelf life of about 3 months. I mean look how quick he ditched his last few projects. One minute it will change the world, the next minute he doesn't even remember doing it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Olidamus said:

In real life, Mark is a complete bore, no personality and very serious, whereas Travis is actually very talkative and fun. Who'd have thought? Travis was rolling up towels and smacking roadies in the ass, whereas Mark seemed so serious and all business, kind of like your boss "get me this, get me that, the sound isn't right, etc"

This is at least what I saw in the short time frame and what I heard from people who did the 30 minute hangout.

I'm not surprised tbh. Some people just act out for the camera whereas someone like Travis or Skiba just acts humble. I remember watching some video on youtube of Mark talking with blink fans. Really, there isn't nothing wrong with him IMO. He was nice and cool with the fans, but like you say, very serious, business like. Tom on the other hand has always been the way he has. Always been crazy and pretty funny but gaining more ego and pretentiousness as each year passes to the point most blink fans can't stand how he is now.

There's a guy I know who is in a local pop punk band, pretty funny on the stage but boring and serious in normal conversation. Well, usually he's serious but he has his moments. I guess Mark has way more of these moments with his family.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, two said:

Tom said there would be "huge announcements" coming after the holidays. Still waiting. Classic Tom. Making an announcement about announcements. Get the fuck outta here

He posted yesterday that he was typing all day and we would understand soon or some bullshit like that. Has anything he's been hyping up in the past like 3 years come to fruition at all? :s  ..... Other than Sekret Machines VOL 1.