The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

The comments section on that video, hopefully Tom doesnt read those.

Ive come to the point now where if hes happy doing this, which it seems like he is, then go for it.  Atleast hes getting something done (history show).

Where the fuck are they getting the money for all that aerospace shit though.  No way any of that is actually really happening

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Sorry if I missed this but is he hosting the show? I'm curious how much direct involvement he's going to have.

I think he's just the 'executive producer' so I wonder how much involvement he has outside of funding it. 

I kind of hope he isn't hosting it, his voice over stuff is surprisingly jarring considering I've listened to him sing for years. He doesn't really command attention with his voice. 

18 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

He went from "I never left" and "I can come back whenever I want" to this bullshit.

Yeah, when he can't even be transparent on what happened to his position in blink, it forces me to question everything else he talks about in that same video.  Which in all honesty revealed nothing new at all, no glimpses at what is being developed outside of the Entertainment section of TTS.  I think it'd be very cool if TTS actually produces some genuine results, I'd love to be wrong on the subject, and eat my humble pie, but here we are 2 years in, and I have even less confidence in TTS now than I ever did when it began (and the amount of confidence I had back then was low as it was).  Please prove me wrong Tom, but until you do, I can't help but think that you're being swindled and are a pawn in something far bigger than you grasp and/or you are swindling the audience you're reaching out to.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I think he's just the 'executive producer' so I wonder how much involvement he has outside of funding it.

EP's usually arrange for the funding of others, or are lending their name to the project for visibility / credibility. since tom doesn't have any of the latter, i hope he knows people with money to burn.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

EP's usually arrange for the funding of others, or are lending their name to the project for visibility / credibility. since tom doesn't have any of the latter, i hope he knows people with money to burn.

Who was more fun to be around, mark or tom?

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I kind of hope he isn't hosting it, his voice over stuff is surprisingly jarring considering I've listened to him sing for years. He doesn't really command attention with his voice. 

What about his Satan voice? I'd definitely listen to Tom voicing over documentaries with his Satan voice.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Who was more fun to be around, mark or tom?

back in the day you mean? i spent more time with mark and his sister anne, but the times i hung with tom he was fun. the thing about that era (95–98) is that they'd crack jokes even when no one was watching. there was a youthful authenticity to their absurdist look at life. by the time enema went wide, it was much more of a "schtick" at shows.