The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 3/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, Kay said:

I still think he's a fruitloop, and I don't know why we needed 2 minutes of Tom riding a bike shoved on the end of a video about the company, seemed really weirdly put together as videos go.

I love it haha, he's fucking batshit crazy but I find him insanely more likeable and genuine than Mark these days. 

None of these projects will probably come to anything really but fair play, at least he seems like he is being true to himself - he could of stayed in Blink and made a fuck tonne more money but he followed his heart, gotta have at least a little bit of respect for that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I love it haha, he's fucking batshit crazy but I find him insanely more likeable and genuine than Mark these days. 

None of these projects will probably come to anything really but fair play, at least he seems like he is being true to himself - he could of stayed in Blink and made a fuck tonne more money but he followed his heart, gotta have at least a little bit of respect for that1

What if he suddenly said aliens are fake it's all about flat earth would you be saying the same thing?

I'm guessing this album is going to be a bit of a return to early AVA, as Tom has been hinting at wanting to do that for some time. As someone who prefers that sound over TDW, I'm really hoping it's going to be the best of both worlds with Tom taking a bit more charge but with Ilan's style and influence pushing him.

Ilan and Aaron brought some much needed change to AVA and Toms's approach to music. Even if you see them as just "hired guns", at least they're incredibly talented and not only focused on making popular, successful music (looking at you, Feldmann). Plus Aaron is mainly an engineer and everyone uses those.

• Like 1

Interesting mental gymnastics some here are applying to the case of the great Delonge. With Mark (or is it the Feldmann?) running the cash-grab that is blink 182 with his two bitches, apparently Tom is now the humble guy who refused to sellout, putting his marriage, fame and finances at stake to follow his heart. Who could not love the guy? And yet everything Tom has done since 2005 has been driven by an inflated sense of self-importance, something that the other members of blink totally lack. First he was out to revolutionize the music industry, now he wants to revolutionize the world. The only reason he's not in blink anymore is because he considers such endeavors beneath him (he made as much clear during the "hiatus"). And now he's recording new music with AvA because, as is apparent from the documents he released a few years back, it's the only thing that still brings him some cash.

Of course, Tom will never change the world (not that anyone here believes otherwise) for the same reason Jesse Puljujärvi will never make it in the NHL: he's just too stupid. You don't become the next Elon Musk with a below-90 IQ.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MSandt said:

Interesting mental gymnastics some here are applying to the case of the great Delonge. With Mark (or is it the Feldmann?) running the cash-grab that is blink 182 with his two bitches, apparently Tom is now the humble guy who refused to sellout, putting his marriage, fame and finances at stake to follow his heart. Who could not love the guy? And yet everything Tom has done since 2005 has been driven by an inflated sense of self-importance, something that the other members of blink totally lack. First he was out to revolutionize the music industry, now he wants to revolutionize the world. The only reason he's not in blink anymore is because he considers such endeavors beneath him (he made as much clear during the "hiatus"). And now he's recording new music with AvA because, as is apparent from the documents he released a few years back, it's the only thing that still brings him some cash.

Of course, Tom will never change the world (not that anyone here believes otherwise) for the same reason Jesse Puljujärvi will never make it in the NHL: he's just too stupid. You don't become the next Elon Musk with a below-90 IQ.

Tom was just as much a sell out as the rest of the band. He was more creative, sure, but the entire band has chased money since the Dude Ranch era. This revisionist history of Tom is strange. Let's not forget that he quit the band because of his ego and during the reunion he refused to record, preferring to tour because that's where the money is at. There were a lot of cash grabs during that time too. 

The dislike in blink's music in California and the deluxe album has shifted people to actually miss Tom but if you go back to the days when he was still in the band and was obvious he didn't wanna be there, treated his bandmates, his fans and people working for blink in general like shit, didn't put actual effort in anything blink related people were calling him out. And then it actually proved to be true from the mouths of mark and travis. And everyone hated him even more. Then Cali dropped, core fans hated the direction and started loving neighborhoods which before was received as the worst blink album (now I read people saying it's better than toypaj) and "respect" Tom for having the balls to do what he loves. Have you noticed how the narrative changed into "i left a huge rock band to do this crazy thing" from "i never left, I own this band, i can come back whenever i want, i let them do their thing"? And people actually fall for it. No he didn't leave the huge rock band blink is to do what he loves. He was kicked out of it because Mark and Travis couldn't stand his shit anymore.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, petros said:

The dislike in blink's music in California and the deluxe album has shifted people to actually miss Tom but if you go back to the days when he was still in the band and was obvious he didn't wanna be there, treated his bandmates, his fans and people working for blink in general like shit, didn't put actual effort in anything blink related people were calling him out. And then it actually proved to be true from the mouths of mark and travis. And everyone hated him even more. Then Cali dropped, core fans hated the direction and started loving neighborhoods which before was received as the worst blink album (now I read people saying it's better than toypaj) and "respect" Tom for having the balls to do what he loves. Have you noticed how the narrative changed into "i left a huge rock band to do this crazy thing" from "i never left, I own this band, i can come back whenever i want, i let them do their thing"? And people actually fall for it. No he didn't leave the huge rock band blink is to do what he loves. He was kicked out of it because Mark and Travis couldn't stand his shit anymore.

Exactly. He literally said blink was something that "paid the bills" while being a pain in the ass to get in the studio. If he had stepped away from blink on his own accord to do his own thing, I'd have a little more respect for him. But he had to be pried from the band, then kept posting to Instagram about them to stay relevant, and now suddenly he's a "free spirit" who had to step away from the thing he loved to follow his dreams? I have much more respect for Mark and Travis for keeping his name out of interviews than I do for Tom and his ego.

• Like 1

If i was mark id be slagging off tom left right and centre! Thats self control in itself!

Being one of the biggest bands in the world and your band mate shits all over it and strings you along...

Mark can make as many Californias as he likes he deserves it ;) but he wont

we can all hate on tom as much as we want but you need to acknowledge the fact that he clearly was the most talented songwriter and musician in the band, they clearly have nothing without him so they had the bring feldman in to pick up the slack 

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

we can all hate on tom as much as we want but you need to acknowledge the fact that he clearly was the most talented songwriter and musician in the band, they clearly have nothing without him so they had the bring feldman in to pick up the slack 

If only your username was Mark182222. I still think more passion and talented songwriting exists on +44 than anything after it. Boxcar was an amazing album as was Self Titled clearly. But since 03, my opinion sits with +44 as the best album any of them has done since 03. So opinion is one thing, fact as you list is another. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

I still think more passion and talented songwriting exists on +44 than anything after it

imo: when your heart stops beating is hoppus' best project on which he wrote and performed the material. commit this to memory is the best project he's ever worked on.

• Like 3