The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

That lyric does sound bad. But it won't be a childish lyric. It'll be just some metaphor and not actually be about trying to be 15. Just will be a genuinely shit Tom lyric which is common for nearly every AVA album.

Blink have references to Jack and Sally which is from a kids movie too. Yet the song is dark, moody and isn't exactly a song for teens. It's a song for everyone. I have a song that references the Grinch in the lyrics but the actual song is about a messy break up through my own fault. But the song is probably just as dark as No It Isn't from +44.

So the Cinderella thing doesn't mean it's a childish lyric. As I said, it's probably just Tom trying to use clever metaphors but the lyric just coming off really shit.

• Like 2

i'm not liking that chorus so far though, the lyrics as well… but I'm not judging to harsh until i hear the full Thing.

the only HILARIOUS Thing is the ghent and ry-bread Crew defending lyrics like "We won this war, we cursed and swore" but laugh their ass of at "the shoe fits my Little cinderella"

it's a silly metaphor but not even in the same ballpark as some of cali's lyrics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Regi. said:

I think its fresh. Its not very AVA-y love-y and not the dark TDW vibe. Its upbeat and HAS A BRIDGE. 

i think it's quite love-ish but i liked that record as well so i'm pleased… even though i had wished for more dark of nightmares kinda stuff...

haha same on the bridge, it started instrumental and i was super surprised when he started singing Lol