The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Pretty decent for a terrible AVA song..I like that it's upbeat and bright, like he was trying to write a Cali style song. Feldy could have done wonders with parts of it.

Might listen to it one more time some day

1 minute ago, Neal said:

i don't see how adding nanana's to the chorus or compressing the drums more would help this song?

or Maybe the adams song riff?

What would help this song the most is if Tom wasn't singing it lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Pretty decent for a terrible AVA song..I like that it's upbeat and bright, like he was trying to write a Cali style song. Feldy could have done wonders with parts of it.

Might listen to it one more time some day

This is how I feel when I listen to anything that isn't Blink-182's grammy nominated album California. "This is nice, but with a lot more John Feldmann it could be as perfect of an album as Blink-182's grammy nominated album California!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Listened several more times and just had much higher hopes from Tom on his first song in forever. Figured he'd come out with a punch, not a synth dud. As cringe as the "Cinderella" line is, it's the only catchy part of the song I can remember after 5+ listens. For some reason it also reminds me of an alternate chorus from TDW Demos, the Bullets in the Wind one that was like:

"The beef stew and turn up the stereo, shock the radio, listen to the radio" or however it went. Dunno why, the chorus just felt similar even though it's probably not.

I guess the good news is this certainly doesn't sound "Strange Times" themed, so it should be a full AVA album, not a film focused EP.

Just now, Regi. said:

Tinfoil hat pretty tight there, brother! 

If others can create entire encyclopedias of the Cali recording process, I can assume that a song  lacking  signature Delonge sounds was written by someone other than Delonge. 

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

Listened several more times and just had much higher hopes from Tom on his first song in forever. Figured he'd come out with a punch, not a synth dud. As cringe as the "Cinderella" line is, it's the only catchy part of the song I can remember after 5+ listens. For some reason it also reminds me of an alternate chorus from TDW Demos, the Bullets in the Wind one that was like:

"The beef stew and turn up the stereo, shock the radio, listen to the radio" or however it went. Dunno why, the chorus just felt similar even though it's probably not.

I guess the good news is this certainly doesn't sound "Strange Times" themed, so it should be a full AVA album, not a film focused EP.

yeah i thought the same about the chorus! 

Ilan Needs more control if you ask me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Would probably improve tenfold just by him farting in the same room as they recorded it in

haha what did tom do to you that you are still so bitter about? did he ruin your precious band? 

Why do you still follow his every step and feel the Need to comment, if you clearly hate the guy?

Did you have to remove your tom shrine as well?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

haha what did tom do to you that you are still so bitter about? did he ruin your precious band? 

Why do you still follow his every step and feel the Need to comment, if you clearly hate the guy?

Did you have to remove your tom shrine as well?

He’s just bitter because most people here dislike California and he’s been defending it since day one. Now we like something, and he needs to let out some steam. 

Bitch away, Ghent. Bitch away. We still wont like California. Maybe the next album though! 

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

He fucked over my favorite band for like 10 years. Took advantage of fans. Swindled people for money. Lazy. And all for mediocre songs like this one.

I follow him because this is a blink message board and this is his meltdown thread, traditionally used to make fun of him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He fucked over my favorite band for like 10 years. Took advantage of fans. Swindled people for money. Lazy. And all for mediocre songs like this one.

I follow him because this is a blink message board and this is his meltdown thread, traditionally used to make fun of him

oh i see…. i bet you flaming on him on blink182-online will bring him to his senses…...also great use of your free time! go on, sir

• Haha 1

Really cheapens this entire thing as well to know the ONLY reason Tom is putting out music is because he is struggling financially, and knows he has a faithful fan base to suck money from to fund his fake company.  

If he actually tours with AVA again, you will know that he is REALLY stretched thin.  

Quits one of the most popular bands in the world, then announces a new band: "i JuSt WaNtEd MoRe FaMiLy TiMe"

• Like 1