The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just now, Ghent said:

Nah, that's an attempt at making new and interesting music that a wide variety of people may enjoy. It's good that they are experimenting

Hahaha, you would go crazy with pathetic insults at Tom if he was the one recording with Pharrell. You even piss out pathetic insults towards Tom for cooperating with his bandmates to create music. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Cool idea, I like the progression and new wave synth style (in comparison to old U2 wannabe AVA type stuff). Unfortunately Tom just can't sing worth shit anymore and it's hard to get past that. I think it could've been an awesome Blink song with more guitars and Mark's voice on those verses. I dig the bridge. I don't know, it's cool to hear Tom again even if it's nothing earth-shattering. I'm definitely excited to listen to the rest, assuming there's an album coming.

Also LOL at the Cali obsessives. Trying to say this sounds like Ilan Rubin wrote it, or that it was Tom trying to write a Cali style song. Come on guys. Haha

you're denying Rubin had a massive part in how TDW turned out?  There is a documentary showing this....

7 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Is there such a thing as a Hoppusbot?

I dont think ghent is a hoppusbot. He clearly has dedicated a part of his life to discredit tom in everything he does because he destroyed ghent's whole musical background somehow... 

Edit: i really think ghents obsession about a guy he hates is super wierd

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Is there such a thing as a Hoppusbot?

Yeah, Helen Hoppus was one, but I think she's converted to Matt actually.

It's funny because I actually always preferred Tom to Mark. I'd love to be a fan of the guy again. But he's a conniving douche and his music is pretty lame

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

you're denying Rubin had a massive part in how TDW turned out?  There is a documentary showing this....

Rubin did the majority of TDW. That's why it was so great. However this song is definately not an idea Rubin would come up with, sadly.i fear that tom took the ava bots comments to serious to go back to the old ava style

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Did you forget what your own post said? I didn't mention anything about that album and neither did you haha, I was responding to you saying this: 

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I feel like Tom wrote 15% of this song and Rubin did the rest.  

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I haven’t listened yet but what’s the deal about it not being the song in the clips? We got the name of the song from Shazam so it has to be the song from the clips...

ava has released 3 snippets. Only one is 100% rebel girl, that was shazam’d. The other 2 (the first one and last one) are not a part of Rebel Girl. Im sure. Its another song or a snippet created for hype purposes 

2 minutes ago, Regi. said:

ava has released 3 snippets. Only one is 100% rebel girl, that was shazam’d. The other 2 (the first one and last one) are not a part of Rebel Girl. Im sure. Its another song or a snippet created for hype purposes 

Ahh okay that makes sense. I hope we get more info tomorrow than just okay here’s the song.