The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

12 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Easiest $200 I've ever spent.  Looking forward to the James Coffee bag!

I think it’s too expensive, but it’s a once in a lifetime thing. If I had met Tom before I would never do it, but since he’s a recluse these days might as well do it while I have a chance.

the chorus is painful with the missing syllables.

do-do-do ___ you wanna go back to where we started,
back before we were ___ broken hearted.
come my way, come-come I gotta tell ya,
the shoe fits my little cinde___rella.

tom already stutters in almost every line, why couldn't he just add another "do" or a "bro-" before broken or a "re" in cinde(re)rella? (or completely different words that fit the rhythm...)

• Like 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

the chorus is painful with the missing syllables.

do-do-do ___ you wanna go back to where we started,
back before we were ___ broken hearted.
come my way, come-come I gotta tell ya,
the shoe fits my little cinde___rella.

tom already stutters in almost every line, why couldn't he just add another "do" or a "bro-" before broken or a "re" in cinde(re)rella? (or completely different words that fit the rhythm...)

I described it to Ghent yesterday as it "kinked" my brain.  It's like an annoying thing where I'm expecting it to sound a certain way and it's like skipping where it should be.  Hard to describe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I think it’s too expensive, but it’s a once in a lifetime thing. If I had met Tom before I would never do it, but since he’s a recluse these days might as well do it while I have a chance.

Agreed, also if you don't care about the signed poster you should be able to sell it easily for $75-$100 which cuts the ticket price in half. ;) 

• Like 1

Holy fuck, I just noticed the shows all say must live within 200miles of the city(California shows I checked  at least), based on credit card address, or purchases will be cancelled without notice and refunded. Fuck me, I was willing to fly down from Canada

• Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Marik said:

Holy fuck, I just noticed the shows all say must live within 200miles of the city(California shows I checked  at least), based on credit card address, or purchases will be cancelled without notice and refunded. Fuck me, I was willing to fly down from Canada

I believe that’s just for the presale. To prevent scalpers.

Wachter isn’t touring. The bassist is the guy from taking back sunday.

24 minutes ago, Marik said:

well i just saved a lot of money, lol

Edit: hmm it says all sales to this event.... might be the rule for general sale as well. I'm glad that ticketsellers are trying to stop scalpting, but there must be a way that does't exclude people that really want to go

Yeah for sure instituted for scalpers. However, it's listed on the general event page of TM and Live nation for these shows, saying that it's a restriction for venue- Belasco theatre for example- so it looks like it's not just a presale thing, but for the  whole event in general

50 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I like Toms voice but it'd definitely help if the song was a higher key like someone mentioned within last few pages. It really sounds like Tom is constipated and having a shit whilst singing this.

Just playing producer for fun here, I really do think it sounds a LOT better pushed up a step haha: 

AVA - Rebel Girl pitched higher

• Like 1

Ok here's my update:

The PRESALE that transfers you to TM or LV pages for purchase will not allow purchase. I just tried to purchase on both sites, and both allowed me to go to final step, and when verifying for VISA rejected me (instantly discovered my address was out of range, and giving me a nice little popup message stating why). Wow, they really are enforcing this tight