The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

35 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Whether Tom is going broke or not I'd say this is clearly all just a cash grab.

We hadn't heard shit about AVA and he kept saying his focus was all his rocket ships, government connections, alien cadavers,  and mind reading using osmosis. He even said that AVA kind of morphed into background music for whatever else was going on.

Now all of the sudden; after TTS posts huge loses, its Albums and tours.

We all know what is going on here.

Not true. Look at his instagram. He’s been posting about AVA, music and studio time for over a year. 

He started recording this album june 8th 2018 and has been posting about it since. 

• Like 2

In Jan's world the #investors were fine with year 4 of pop up t-shirts and lapel pins, for a net loss...again. Quickest way to turn it around is to make new music/tour, Tom knows that. That's an awfully short tour for someone who's magically all about the music again... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Whether Tom is going broke or not I'd say this is clearly all just a cash grab.

We hadn't heard shit about AVA and he kept saying his focus was all his rocket ships, government connections, alien cadavers,  and mind reading using osmosis. He even said that AVA kind of morphed into background music for whatever else was going on.

Now all of the sudden; after TTS posts huge loses, its Albums and tours.

We all know what is going on here.

He’s been working on this album since March of 2018. Reading his Instagram posts since then there was definitely some sort of plan since then. I’m guessing he signed with Rise then. That’s definitely one dimensional to think it’s just a cash grab. It lines up with the divorce too, probably motivated him to get back into music.

also Aaron said Matt has done nothing for this album so no idea why he is credited.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

In Jan's world the #investors were fine with year 4 of pop up t-shirts and lapel pins, for a net loss...again. Quickest way to turn it around is to make new music/tour, Tom knows that. That's an awfully short tour for someone who's magically all about the music again... 

I don't think he ever said he's magically about the music again either.  He said he got the urge to get back on the saddle on a big part of him.  He didn't seem fake at all or pretend it was this ultra passion he couldn't avoid, the opposite rather.  

I'm sure money factors in, but he's not saying some dramatic story why he's making Ava again...

• Like 2

I'm guessing his passion levels are about the same as Mark's right now, which means passionate enough to devote time to record new music to have fun and make some money because it's what he's always been good at in his life even though he doesn't necessarily have any new specific creative/artistic inspiration.

I mean the guy was away from music for a longgg time, he said he was stepping back from music to do all that crazy shit and he did, for over 4 years. He hasn't played live since October 2014. He never said he was retiring. Not sure how long everyone wanted him to stay away for it to seem "real."

• Like 5

Why is the WHY so important when Ava does music, but if blink is hiring feldman/chainsmoker/pharell/whatsoever you guys scream " i don't care about anything but the music?"

The cash surely is a good bonus for tom, but he never made career choices based on revenue. If he did he would still be in blink and ava never happend

Also the break up with his wife surely is a big motivation to put himself up on a stage and being admired by fans

• Like 7

I dont get why people get so hung up weather its for money or not. Maybe he does need the money, and thought "hey I could make an album and go on a little tour, i havent done that in a while, that would be fun". And thats how he makes some money. Some of you will find the negative in anything

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

He’s been working on this album since March of 2018. Reading his Instagram posts since then there was definitely some sort of plan since then. I’m guessing he signed with Rise then. That’s definitely one dimensional to think it’s just a cash grab. It lines up with the divorce too, probably motivated him to get back into music.

also Aaron said Matt has done nothing for this album so no idea why he is credited.

He has been working like 20 different things in the last few years. Most of  his announcements announcing the accoucement of another announcement were along the lines of "3 feature films, rocket ships being built, new music #TTSwantsto scamyououtofyourmoney"

That doesn't qualify as new AVA stuff. It qualifies as delusions of a nutcase.

The new serious AVA push has been far far more recent. After his "company" took the loss. 

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

If fans would be happy to meet me for 200$ i would do the same

If tom's drive would be money he wouldnt have quit music in the first place. Its the only thing he really knows how to do

Not talking about his motivations in general. Just as the reasons for this particular AVA push. Doesn't take a genius to see that TTS is failing; miserably.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Not talking about his motivations in general. Just as the reasons for this particular AVA push. Doesn't take a genius to see that TTS is failing; miserably.

TTS might be failing. Still don't see how that's relevant for AVA.

Looks to me like tom really misses music after the last couple tough years without it. So he chooses to go back to a place he feels comfortable an respected.  

I dont think tom has this big evil plan to enrichen himself.

• Like 5

I'm 100% certain that aaron and ilan cost a lot of money to be a part of it. There won't be much money surplus, ava is A tiny band compared to blink. If it all goes well they all get their sallary and maybe 10k extra...

Also rise records is now envolved so they get a big cut 

And if they do much better, then good for them. They created something people love and want to spend money on....

Jeez some of these conspiracies about tom on here are crazier than tom's shittalk about werewolves. You overestimate the guy by a lot when it comes to the business side of things

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'm 100% certain that aaron and ilan cost a lot of money to be a part of it. There won't be much money surplus, ava is A tiny band compared to blink. If it all goes well they all get their sallary and maybe 10k extra

And its like a month of 2k capacity shows. Its not like he’s going on this massive stadium tour for months. And he probably wont gain any huge $$$ from album sales either. Not really seeing how he’s making some real money off of this. 

• Like 1

It's simple, if he wanted an easy cash grab he would have stayed in blink. He didn't, he wanted to follow his passion. Some of you guys made fun of him for dream walker not selling. You made fun of him having his headquarters in a space that used to be an autoshop back in the day. You made fun of AVA not making any money, but now when AVA is making a real comeback as a real band it's all for the cash - that according to you guys didn't exist in the AVA project ?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 5
  • Love 2