The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

11 minutes ago, Since88 said:

It's simple, if he wanted an easy cash grab he would have stayed in blink.

Except that wouldn't be an easy cash grab. That would require putting honest effort into an album that is not going to be written/recorded in his hometown. It would require collaboration with other humans and compromises. It would mean making the commitment to touring North America for at least a few months and following up with a month or so overseas.

With AVA he can poo out an album from the comforts of his shit apahment, and when he really needs cash he can tour it, but only for one month. Then it's over until the next cash grab.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Except that wouldn't be an easy cash grab. That would require putting honest effort into an album that is not going to be written/recorded in his hometown. It would require collaboration with other humans and compromises. It would mean making the commitment to touring North America for at least a few months and following up with a month or so overseas.

With AVA he can poo out an album from the comforts of his shit apahment, and when he really needs cash he can tour it, but only for one month. Then it's over until the next cash grab.

I like how you ignored the rest of what I wrote and just keep on going like a broken record. You just admitted your loss dude.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Someone please get you and tom in a room to sort things out. We all know tom didnt want to do blink anymore and its stressing you the fuck out. You need closure. Let it go

Let it go

It would be different if AVA was it's own completely separate thing, but it's not. It's tied to TTS/TTSA and listed in the paperwork as part of the assets/grand plan. All I'm saying is at some point, Tom was going to have to get off his ass and do something with that part of the company - as it's pretty much the only part of the grand plan that is proven to generate SOME money. Which is why I am halfway joking about investors or accountants saying: "Ok Tom, time to do something with your music... ya know, the one thing dependable we have going for us."

He can't do that with Blink: 1. He quit/got kicked out 2. He doesn't want to pay for this out of his own pocket. He wants "investors" funding it, which is why he created this big cluster of random companies that feed each other loans.

Regardless of his heart, no doubt part of it is a necessity IMO - it was listed in the "plans" for this year's TTSA report given to investors. You can't say "We are going to lose 600k again"... they had to show some hope for generating $ this year, and AVA music/tour is the best way to do that...which Tom seemed to put off for as long as he could. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

It would be different if AVA was it's own completely separate thing, but it's not. It's tied to TTS/TTSA and listed in the paperwork as part of the assets/grand plan. All I'm saying is at some point, Tom was going to have to get off his ass and do something with that part of the company - as it's pretty much the only part of the grand plan that is proven to generate SOME money. Which is why I am halfway joking about investors or accountants saying: "Ok Tom, time to do something with your music... ya know, the one thing dependable we have going for us."

He can't do that with Blink: 1. He quit/got kicked out 2. He doesn't want to pay for this out of his own pocket. He wants "investors" funding it, which is why he created this big cluster of random companies that feed each other loans.

Regardless of his heart, no doubt part of it is a necessity IMO - it was listed in the "plans" for this year's TTSA report given to investors. You can't say "We are going to lose 600k again"... they had to show some hope for generating $ this year, and AVA music/tour is the best way to do that...which Tom seemed to put off for as long as he could. 

Or, and this is a big "or": maybe it was actually the plan all along to go back to the music?! You act like it's something that they pissed out in a week. They started to work on the album in March 2018

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The studio they’re recording in for this album is in LA just FYI. Demoing in his little San Diego studio and recording in LA. Also, they’ve commented they’ll be going to the uk after the us tour so I assume that implies a month in Europe.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So do you want to blame tom for collaborating with aaron rubin on songs or do you want to criticize him for not wanting to collaborate with people? You gotta choose

I don't know, I'm sure making money for TTS is part of the equation but it doesn't make anything any better or worse. Currently we have:

Blink 1Skiba2: Writing songs with multiple radio pop producers/songwriters for their new album after previously releasing 30 songs co-written by John Feldmann

Tom: Writing songs for the first time in 4 years with AVA and releasing them/touring potentially with the hopes of making more money for To The Stars because the company is weird and possibly in shambles

Neither one is all that great, but Tom's situation certainly isn't any LESS "noble" than Blink's right now. It's not like Blink are toiling in the studio making this grand artistic statement that they will release and then give all profits to charity or something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

So do you want to blame tom for collaborating with aaron rubin on songs or do you want to criticize him for not wanting to collaborate with people? You gotta choose

So when Tom's producer gets writing credits its a collaboration, but when blink's producer gets writing credits it's A BLATANT TAKEOVER OMGZ.

this is too much!

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So when Tom's producer gets writing credits its a collaboration, but when blink's producer gets writing credits it's A BLATANT TAKEOVER OMGZ.

this is too much!

A difference is that Feldy has the reputation of a hitmaker-for-hire whose credits included hilariously lame pop acts and overproduced diet pop punk. Aaron Rubin seems to just be a dude Tom is friends with whose brother is in the band. Also AVA has always had rotating members going in and out to basically execute Tom's vision (for better or worse) and Blink has always been a collaboration between three bandmembers. Not to mention the fact that Blink had a brand new member who some people consider one of the coolest songwriters in the genre and they decided to bring a second outsider into the mix rather than let his influence shine through.

But you knew all of that already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

this is too much!

o  so you see the irony in your posts?

Great. Thats all i wanted

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I don't know, I'm sure making money for TTS is part of the equation but it doesn't make anything any better or worse. Currently we have:

Blink 1Skiba2: Writing songs with multiple radio pop producers/songwriters for their new album after previously releasing 30 songs co-written by John Feldmann

Tom: Writing songs for the first time in 4 years with AVA and releasing them/touring potentially with the hopes of making more money for To The Stars because the company is weird and possibly in shambles

Neither one is all that great, but Tom's situation certainly isn't any LESS "noble" than Blink's right now. It's not like Blink are toiling in the studio making this grand artistic statement that they will release and then give all profits to charity or something.

This is true.

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

this is too much!

I dont care about any of this if i like the music. I bitch about feldmann because he’s the producer of the first blink record i dont like. I’ve never thought i’d dislike a blink record that much. And considering his obvious style (and writing credits) painted on the music, its legit for him to take some blame. I dont bitch about aaron producing because i like the music. If AVA would suck (TDW and Rebel Girl) i’d bitch about the Rubins too. 

Gotta put things in perspective. 

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Neither one is all that great, but Tom's situation certainly isn't any LESS "noble" than Blink's right now. 

Yeah I think @Ghent's just pointing out the hypocrisy and wanting fair treatment. Blink are considered "sell outs/only caring for money" even though I would argue they worked pretty hard, care, and toured their asses off. Tom's getting a pass even though AVA has been a small side job that is potentially a requirement for his other endeavors. 

Feldy's a "cowriter" and any input "ruins all Blink thoughts and poisons the process", Aaron's one and it's fine. (Even though in that documentary teaser there is a quick shot of Aaron literally telling Tom what he wants the song to do)

IDGAF either way, stoked for Blink, AVA, and even an unexpected Simple Creatures release this year... and all 3 can take all my monies on bundles/VIP packages LOL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I'm guessing his passion levels are about the same as Mark's right now, which means passionate enough to devote time to record new music to have fun and make some money because it's what he's always been good at in his life even though he doesn't necessarily have any new specific creative/artistic inspiration.

I mean the guy was away from music for a longgg time, he said he was stepping back from music to do all that crazy shit and he did, for over 4 years. He hasn't played live since October 2014. He never said he was retiring. Not sure how long everyone wanted him to stay away for it to seem "real."

He hasn’t played live since October 2014 and AVA hasn’t played live since 2012. Pretty crazy when you think about it. That’s a really fucking long time between being on a stage. AVA will have released 30 songs since their last live show before the next one.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

This is where your argument doesn't make sense.  NO ONE and certainly not Cali lovers are mad blink does this to make money; or even change their sound to make money.  They've done both in the past. 

Mark and Travis aren't trying to fund a rip-off fake company with their music, that's the difference from an integrity standpoint.  

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Mark and Travis aren't trying to fund a rip-off fake company with their music, that's the difference from an integrity standpoint.  

Well... Travis does make blink play his festivals! 

Jk jk

• Haha 1