The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

13 minutes ago, knapton said:

I feel like the fact that Blinks new single has been getting shit on so hard and Mark posting more photos of Tom is not a coincidence. He knows the writing is on the wall for current blink. He cant handle not being popular anymore

Nice little fan fic you wrote there.

Too bad the single is doing really well!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You are fooling yourself if you think Mark doesn't take the criticisms of him to heart.

Old Blink 182 messages boards and he flipped the fuck out Oliver style on people who were critical of him.Someone posted it once.  He hasn't changed, he just hides it better.

29 minutes ago, Ghent said:

All the comments ive seen on social media are mostly negative.

At the first break up Mark said it wouldnt be right to continue on with the Blink name, made a new band with Travis making the same general type of music.  Ended up being the opener for bands that started because of Blink, new band was never as big as Blink.

Band breaks up a second time, Mark has no problem continuing on with Blink with someone new, basically going back on what he said first break up. Continues to ride the fame of Blinks name and old music. 

Finally getting to the point where the new music isnt being well received, starts posting more about Tom and mention Tom and posting on his stuff, something he hasnt done in about 4-5 years.

Ya Im way out to lunch here

9 minutes ago, knapton said:

All the comments ive seen on social media are mostly negative.

At the first break up Mark said it wouldnt be right to continue on with the Blink name, made a new band with Travis making the same general type of music.  Ended up being the opener for bands that started because of Blink, new band was never as big as Blink.

Band breaks up a second time, Mark has no problem continuing on with Blink with someone new, basically going back on what he said first break up. Continues to ride the fame of Blinks name and old music. 

Finally getting to the point where the new music isnt being well received, starts posting more about Tom and mention Tom and posting on his stuff, something he hasnt done in about 4-5 years.

Ya Im way out to lunch here

I think it's more likely that Mark is realizing that Tom has/had a mental illness/drug problem and was unstable as a result, and that he's actually a good guy that just had his moments. Given the recent change in public perception regarding mental illness, it makes sense that he's taken a different approach to his relationship with Tom lately. 

Other factors could include trying to mitigate fan perception (all the people hating on Blink because Tom is gone) and because it benefits the image of the band (still on good terms with Tom). But I think this is all secondary to Mark legitimately feeling bad for Tom and realizing that his decisions weren't truly indicative of his real personality. And of course, without Tom there would have been no Blink and likely no music career for Mark, so I'm sure he's eternally grateful for that as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I think it's more likely that Mark is realizing that Tom has/had a mental illness/drug problem and was unstable as a result, and that he's actually a good guy that just had his moments. Given the recent change in public perception regarding mental illness, it makes sense that he's taken a different approach to his relationship with Tom lately. 

Other factors could include trying to mitigate fan perception (all the people hating on Blink because Tom is gone) and because it benefits the image of the band (still on good terms with Tom). But I think this is all secondary to Mark legitimately feeling bad for Tom and realizing that his decisions weren't truly indicative of his real personality. And of course, without Tom there would have been no Blink and likely no music career for Mark, so I'm sure he's eternally grateful for that as well. 

could be that he just got nostalgic about old pics and posted them and felt it was fitting to grab people's attention since they r about 2 realse a new 

22 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So what you are saying is that you are gay? Or just asexual?

Would explain a lot.

No I just have the mental Capacity to understand the difference between a friendship and a sexual relationship.

You actually sound quite predatory. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You are fooling yourself if you think Mark doesn't take the criticisms of him to heart.

You are either totally right or completely wrong, there's no in between.

Mark might really be that sensitive and melting down over the backlash of Wayne and fan response to BIOMY, or Tom is in some bad place because of Jen and Mark is being cool.

I really don't think they just are good all of a sudden. PR move at best for the upcoming releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

You are either totally right or completely wrong, there's no in between.

Mark might really be that sensitive and melting down over the backlash of Wayne and fan response to BIOMY, or Tom is in some bad place because of Jen and Mark is being cool.

I really don't think they just are good all of a sudden. PR move at best for the upcoming releases.

Pretty sure it‘s the bold part. Don‘t think he suddenly cares how Tom is feeling, just when the new blink song is not doing that well. 

• Like 1