The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just watched the whole thing, great interview. It's clear Tom is incredibly passionate about his TTS stuff, here are the highlights (Blink stuff was around ~37:00, below in bold):

-Atom was going to join them on this tour, AVA is a “revolving door of artists
-TTS couldn’t handle the AVA release from a bandwidth standpoint, so signed with a record label
-sold Strange Times to TBS
-new AVA album will go with a movie he co-wrote, supposed to be filming in 3 weeks
-wants to get AVA to a big arena for a full experience, people are like “You’re high, why did you leave blink-182?
-“The stuff I have in my head that I can’t talk about is just absolutely unreal.
-Absolutely believes aliens exist and UFOs have entered our atmosphere. “One trillion percent. I’ve seen stuff that 99.9999% of people will never see.
-When Wall Street Journal leaked convos with Podesta, he felt legitimized finally “People thought I was nuts.
-“No one understood why I wasn’t in Blink anymore. No one understood why I was singing songs about love and consciousness. And then one understood the UFO thing, they just thought I was literally nuts. It’s been a long road to get people to understand. But I’m a punk rocker, I do what I want.”
-People are seeing this stuff now, they’re seeing the creative differences in what I do, and what my brothers in Blink do. We like different things. We like different music. We’re still good friends, we still support each other.
-“Yes people, I will play with Blink again. I talk to Travis all the time. I talked to Mark the other day, we’re always discussing what makes sense and when.
-“When I was starting this stuff, I couldn’t tell those guys. So they didn’t know, that was one of the reasons they got so upset I think And this is when the whole meltdown happened.  We gotta record, we gotta record, and I’m like I can’t right now guys.
-I remember thinking, “If only anyone knew. For the first time in the history of mankind I created a mechanism to have these conversations.
-Working on a project with the Padres
-Unidentified airs on May 31st, tv series. He produced/directed.
-Next record will be defining record for AVA. Getting Ilan on this has been such a wonderful growth.
-"Being in a giant rockband, and leaving it, and trying to start all over again, I’m thankful for you guys playing it [Rebel Girl]."

• Like 4

I linked some blink talk.

He thinks The Adventure is the biggest song of his career, lol. He does seem more at ease, but is still 100% out of his mind. Claiming he didn't want to quit blink, but couldn't tell Mark and Travis about his thuper thecret government info...Such an idiot. Pretty sad what he is now

When is he going to come to grips with his failures and mental health? This is ridiculous and embarrassing.

• Like 1

I don't doubt at all that him and Trav shoot each other random texts, but I still think his "I talked to Mark just the other day." is probably just his comments on his Instagram. I highly doubt him and Mark actually talked about when it would make sense to bring him back lol. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He thinks The Adventure is the biggest song of his career, lol. He does seem more at ease, but is still 100% out of his mind. Claiming he didn't want to quit blink, but couldn't tell Mark and Travis about his thuper thecret government info...Such an idiot. Pretty sad what he is now

When is he going to come to grips with his failures and mental health? This is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Lol exactly. And continuing the whole “I’ve seen things 99.9999% of people will never get to see” spiel. Seriously I’m so sick of that. Did you watch the retarded things he tried to present to Joe Rogan that were clearly fake and utter bullshit? Dudes out of his mind folks, he ain’t coming back down to earth. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

To you, perhaps. At least he’s doing what makes him happy. How anyone can be faulted for that is beyond me. 

It is objectively delusional to believe that there are space aliens that control every religion on Earth that battle in eternal space warfare above us.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghent said:

It is objectively delusional to believe that there are space aliens that control every religion on Earth that battle in eternal space warfare above us.

Has Tom actually claimed that? I honestly haven’t followed his alien journey all that closely as it doesn’t interest me as much as it does him. If he actually said that then yeah, he’s bat shit crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Didn’t he say big in a different way? I took it that way, as it was special to him because of the Obama and olympics thing it reached a different emotion in people than something like ATST. He does talk big about a lot of this shit tho, like yes have dreams and work to obtain them awesome but chill out on some of the backpatting lol. 

1 minute ago, 2point5 said:

Has Tom actually claimed that? I honestly haven’t followed his alien journey all that closely as it doesn’t interest me as much as it does him. If he actually said that then yeah, he’s bat shit crazy.

He has released entire books about it.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

again, is it any crazier than believing in Jesus?

Yes- because believing in Jesus is a cultural norm that most people don't think much about it. It is blindly accepted through tradition and expectation.

To go out of your way to believe there are 5 alien races battling in the skies above us controlling religions and governments requires quite the concentrated leap of faith. AKA- delusion

Delusional or not, he certainly believes in himself (when very few did), is crazy passionate about it, and was willing to risk it all for it - which is admirable regardless of whether he fails or succeeds IMO. I never would've thought a few years ago he would have a show on the History Channel, so even just that is big for him.

I did chuckle when he alluded that his people were comparing him to Elon Musk. It's also evident if you watch the full interview, that he had to be there for "AVA press" btw. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Yes- because believing in Jesus is a cultural norm that most people don't think much about it. It is blindly accepted through tradition and expectation.

To go out of your way to believe there are 5 alien races battling in the skies above us controlling religions and governments requires quite the concentrated leap of faith. AKA- delusion

I think that's a fair point, but I'm sure a guy rising from the dead was a pretty big "delusion" back in the day when it was created. Most of those people are regarded as saints and such nowadays. I'm sure Tom is aware of this and it probably makes more sense to him. My point is that most religious people are doing the exact same thing Tom is, or they at least pretend to.