The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Considering he ended up exchanging emails with the Clinton campaign makes it possible..

I always thought he was trolling us most the time, kind of awkward when we realized he's dead serious

His emails to the Clinton campaign that leaked also included CC messages where they made fun of him and acknowledged that he was a crazy person

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm 100% excited for Tom being back in blink no matter the circumstances. The reunion era was weird and kind of stupid but I loved the music we got out of it. I'd take back that blink-182 in a heartbeat.

Yeah exactly, the music was more interesting as were the live performances. Those acoustic sets as well as Tom fucking around with solos and intros made it a lot more refreshing. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Yeah exactly, the music was more interesting as were the live performances. Those acoustic sets as well as Tom fucking around with solos and intros made it a lot more refreshing. 

I'll give ya that the new music was overall more interesting with Tom post reunion, but good lord, their live performance were fucking terrible post-reunion while Tom was around.  They're nothing special with Matt, but I can actually listen to the Matt shows and not want to rip my ears off, yeah Mark is still flat, but at least Matt doesn't sound like he's murdering a cow every time he sings live.  The small acoustic sets with Tom were admittedly interesting, but those were only a few songs each night, and the rest still sounded terrible when they played the rest of the sets traditionally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

His emails to the Clinton campaign that leaked also included CC messages where they made fun of him and acknowledged that he was a crazy person

Meh, they still set up a meeting. Crazy or not, they are just as bad for continuing conversations in the middle of a presidential campaign.

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Tom mimicking blowjobs was more interesting than Skiba acting like a stiff and reading off a teleprompter while fucking up every blink intro.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

It's called contributing Blink related news/conversations to a Blink page. You should try it. I spent an hour watching this and summed it up nicely for those who don't have the time... you googled a meme just to be a prick.

Cheer up, it was just a joke.

No need to be so serious all the time.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I'll give ya that the new music was overall more interesting with Tom post reunion, but good lord, their live performance were fucking terrible post-reunion while Tom was around.  They're nothing special with Matt, but I can actually listen to the Matt shows and not want to rip my ears off, yeah Mark is still flat, but at least Matt doesn't sound like he's murdering a cow every time he sings live.  The small acoustic sets with Tom were admittedly interesting, but those were only a few songs each night, and the rest still sounded terrible when they played the rest of the sets traditionally.

Skiba is boring live, can’t play some of the riffs (WMAA is embarrassing), and needs a teleprompter for the lyrics.

I’ll take crazy, drunk, not giving a shit Tom over incompetent, boring Skiba. At least Tom is entertaining and changes the songs up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Skiba is boring live, can’t play some of the riffs (WMAA is embarrassing), and needs a teleprompter for the lyrics.

I’ll take crazy, drunk, not giving a shit Tom over incompetent, boring Skiba. At least Tom is entertaining and changes the songs up.

Boring is better than trainwreck.  Skiba is nothing special, but at least I don't cringe every time he approaches the mic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Boring is better than trainwreck.  Skiba is nothing special, but at least I don't cringe every time he approaches the mic.

mike did u know that black sabbath had a song called black sabbath? 

would u like it if blink had a song called blink182 and in it they would take about running around san diego and tom being a jackass?

Based on videos I've seen of blink playing live, I'd rather watch Tom. Sure it can be a complete shit show but it's the reason why I love live blink. I've always preferred his live tones over Skiba's. Skiba is the better singer but Tom makes up for that with his stage presence and charisma. Rather watch a crappy punk rock live set than a perfect (average in the case of Skiba with blink) but soulless and boring live set.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Based on videos I've seen of blink playing live, I'd rather watch Tom. Sure it can be a complete shit show but it's the reason why I love live blink. I've always preferred his live tones over Skiba's. Skiba is the better singer but Tom makes up for that with his stage presence and charisma. Rather watch a crappy punk rock live set than a perfect (average in the case of Skiba with blink) but soulless and boring live set.

Yessss. I always thought  the "crappy punk rock" phrase was perfectly descriptive of blink and also why I love them.

Tom has his faults but his voice, sound (good or bad) is so distinctly blink that any show without that really does just sound like a cover. It surprises me that anyone prefers Matt in blink.

• Like 1

The problem is all of you clamoring for Tom don't realize that there is no upside to him coming back besides one mediocre, stitched together album because he probably "won't have time" to get in the studio with Mark and Travis, and one tour.  

Then he'll magically get busy with his stupid books and fake organization and blink will just be stagnant again.  Fuck that.  Hipsters will whine and cry about Skiba or Feldmann or Mark or whoever but I'd take an active band anyday compared to one who would basically be shutdown by a lunatic control-freak.  

THAT is way more harmful to their legacy IMO. 

• Like 1

I'd rather they completely stopped after DED than what they actually did. their legacy is already ruined, Tom coming back would just make it more entertaining. 

• Like 8