The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Pretty sad that Mark admits he got depressed when he got home from touring and it turns into red meat for weird fan fics, etc

Don't take it so hard man, it's the internet. There's much worse out there.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that Mark was depressed because he misses Tom and mostly the good old days. I hope he didn't expect Matt to fill in that void because that was never going to work out.

gf breaks up with you, you go out with new girl, at first its great, new friends, new experiences, but then you start missing them and realize you wrote a craptastic album. happened to mark.

• Like 3

I don't think Mark's depressive state in that period had to do with Tom or whatever. Mark is not the first who feels depressed when coming back home after a tour. Is that feeling of reaching a goal and then thinking... "ok, now... WHAT?"

• Like 6

Just now, Ghost said:

I don't think Mark's depressive state in that period had to do with Tom or whatever. Mark is not the first who feels depressed when coming back home after a tour. Is that feeling of reaching a goal and then thinking... "ok, now... WHAT?"

Yep..It has to be pretty jarring to travel the country day in and day out, constantly on schedule, playing in front of crowds..then suddenly you're sitting in your living room with nothing to do and no plans

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas D. said:

Actually most touring artists say they enjoy the rest after being on tour for so long. Having nothing to do is not a valid reason to get a  depression. 

In fact is one of the BIGGEST reasons people get depressed, amongst others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Actually most touring artists say they enjoy the rest after being on tour for so long. Having nothing to do is not a valid reason to get a  depression. 

It's one of the main reasons people get depressed.

You have too much time on your hands to overthink Things

• Like 1