The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

In fact is one of the BIGGEST reasons people get depressed, amongst others.

There’s plenty of people who do absolutely nothing and are not depressed. By that reasoning all retired people should be depressed. We’re talking about depression here, which is a serious mental issue. 

Just now, Thomas D. said:

There’s plenty of people who do absolutely nothing and are not depressed. By that reasoning all retired people should be depressed. We’re talking about depression here, which is a serious mental issue. 

A lot of retired people actually get depression because they don't have the schedule they used to have and feel useless and not needed.

Of course there are also different reasons to get a depression because its a very complex disease.

But having nothing to do is one of the main reasons for people to break

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Having nothing to do is not a valid reason to get a  depression. 

Glad to know you are the ultimate authority on what is a valid reason to get depression

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

A lot of retired people actually get depression because they don't have the schedule they used to have and feel useless and not needed.

My grandpa is a very happy, outgoing person, and he got depression after he retired because of this very reason.

Then he found other stuff to do and broke out of it

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

My grandpa is a very happy, outgoing person, and he got depression after he retired because of this very reason.

Then he found other stuff to do and broke out of it

It happens very often. A lot of touring musicians have a hard time coming back from touring.

Totally possible that mark was going through the same.

Glad to hear your grandpa broke out of it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Of course, and there's plenty of people who get depressed when feeling the void of doing nothing. Yeah, we're talking depression here, so you stating that 'doing absolutely nothing' is not a valid reason to get depression is just not fair, nor accurate by any means.

• Like 1

I would be depressed too if I just came off a hugely successful comeback album, record breaking tour, being adored by old and new fans all day everyday for two years...and then suddenly had nothing to do but sit in a living room and scroll through Twitter 90x a day. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I would be depressed too if I just came off a hugely successful comeback album, record breaking tour, being adored by old and new fans all day everyday for two years...and then suddenly had nothing to do but sit in a living room and scroll through Twitter 90x a day. 

All to feel empty because the music was junk and you built a bond with a vegan hipster who dates Asia Argento instead of your old friend you had time of your life with.

3 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

True, but Mark even wrote a song about why he’s sleepless at night. Long Lost Feeling, it’s from that album you like so much. 

Great tune...If I was to interpret it, my fan fic would be that it's a song about missing the glory days of blink-182 and how he wishes he could feel that way again. Could just as easily be written if Wack Tom was still in the band with him.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Great tune...If I was to interpret it, my fan fic would be that it's a song about missing the glory days of blink-182 and how he wishes he could feel that way again. Could just as easily be written if Wack Tom was still in the band with him.

Agreed, I don’t think Tom not being in the band is the source of his depression either. Just saying he probably misses the dude. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Of course, and there's plenty of people who get depressed when feeling the void of doing nothing. Yeah, we're talking depression here, so you stating that 'doing absolutely nothing' is not a valid reason to get depression is just not fair, nor accurate by any means.

True, I probably worded that incorrectly. Having nothing do to could be a trigger. But that would mean there’s another bigger underlying issue why someone could become depressed. Maybe the fact that someone has nothing else to do makes him focus more on the negative things that could trigger the depression. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

True, I probably worded that incorrectly. Having nothing do to could be a trigger. But that would mean there’s another bigger underlying issue why someone could become depressed. Maybe the fact that someone has nothing else to do makes him focus more on the negative things that could trigger the depression. 

Indeed, then I agree with this, man.

• Like 1