The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Yeah I was gonna say. It’s nice he has warmed up to the band but he still has to find a way to take an ego trip and make it about how “progressive” he is. I don’t entirely like the direction blink is going but it’s amazing how he doesn’t hear the shit that comes out of his mouth.

It doesn't bother me as much anymore and maybe that's an age thing. I'm getting older and more accepting of people and their eccentricities. Sure, I think he is silly but meh, I'm not gonna worry about it. At the end of the day do you know what I'm doing with my music? Fuck all. I've been planning to write a new record for the better part of 2 or 3 years and all I have are a handful of ideas. Tom, if you can't say anything else about him, is at least productive. 

• Like 2

Tom's interviews are becoming unbearable for me. He just cannot resist the temptation to show off his master plan that he's had all along, can he? No matter what the question is, he will always drift towards talking about his academy, which I frankly cannot recall having produced anything since its inception.

Or shoving it in people's faces how different than the rest of us he is. Good luck with his projects, though. I do hope he is happy with whatever he has going on. However, Tom, the investor, is not someone I see myself spending time on. If he has new music out I would be more interested.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Tom's interviews are becoming unbearable for me. He just cannot resist the temptation to show off his master plan that he's had all along, can he? No matter what the question is, he will always drift towards talking about his academy, which I frankly cannot recall having produced anything since its inception.

Or shoving it in people's faces how different than the rest of us he is. Good luck with his projects, though. I do hope he is happy with whatever he has going on. However, Tom, the investor, is not someone I see myself spending time on. If he has new music out I would be more interested.

Tom is extremely frustrating as a fan.  One minute you love his passion and tenacity, the next you can't stand his narcissism and attention seeking.

• Like 2

I find it much easier to like him these days than ever before because I've just accepted he's a fruit loop. Got super pretentious and annoying in an interview? of course he did, he's a fruit loop. does something actually cool? of course he did, he's a fruit loop. Thinks aliens are putting microchips in his cereal? of course he does, he's a fruit loop.

it's far more entertaining. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

i'll never get why he's so obsessed with the whole multimedia thing. tying in YA novels to a music album makes literally no sense. it's just....bizarre.

YA novels aren't normally written by YAs so there's that, I suppose. It's just another medium, I guess and I don't expect him to compete with real authors ... YA novels tend to set the bar lower.

12 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Jesus Tom, could you stop talking about yourself for even one second? It's nothing but mememmemememememmemememmememe. 

I can't think of any other artist who could match his level of bullshit.

Then you're not thinking very hard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ManchesterAdam said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but recently he seems to keep talking about how he started Blink. I don't remember him ever saying it this much in the past. It's like he's so desperate to show it's his band despite the fact he's not in it anymore.

He uses that at the beginning of pretty much every interview/article since he got kicked out/quit 4 years ago...it's super annoying. 

12 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Doing this makes him seem really insecure about himself. It’s like he thinks that people underestimate him and his business acumen, and he’s out to prove us all wrong. Unfortunately for him, he’s still got a looonngg way to go until that happens. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, ManchesterAdam said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but recently he seems to keep talking about how he started Blink. I don't remember him ever saying it this much in the past. It's like he's so desperate to show it's his band despite the fact he's not in it anymore.

It’s just to get publicity and try to establish credibility for all the following nonsense he spews. 

• Like 1

Working for the TTS Academy sounds like a dream job. Tom is paying multiple guys 6 figure salaries to do absolutely nothing. Nothing will be accomplished besides a few grainy worthless videos being declassified. No aliens, no new technology, and no way to actually make money besides scamming people to donate. 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:32 PM, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Tom is extremely frustrating as a fan.  One minute you love his passion and tenacity, the next you can't stand his narcissism and attention seeking.

many of us wrote him off in '04. he's pretty easy to ignore. the downward slide began with the painkiller addiction and the first AVA album. it's only gotten sillier since.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

many of us wrote him off in '04. he's pretty easy to ignore. the downward slide began with the painkiller addiction and the first AVA album. it's only gotten sillier since.

I dunno. Every AVA album kinda sounds the same, but I don't dislike them for the most part. That said, I liked the direction of Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs, so that leaves a bit of a what if in my head.

• Like 1