The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Its pretty obvious to me what his "master plan" is at this point.

His companies are going nowhere and are big money losers. So he had no choice but to dust off AVA with as much minimal work as possible. A shitty song, a tour, and then the hope that this translates into money and fans pouring into his failing shit.

But it won't work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its pretty obvious to me what his "master plan" is at this point.

His companies are going nowhere and are big money losers. So he had no choice but to dust off AVA with as much minimal work as possible. A shitty song, a tour, and then the hope that this translates into money and fans pouring into his failing shit.

But it won't work.

What I find offensive about his “master plan” is him suggesting he had these ideas for shitty AVA songs like Rebel Girl when he was in high school starting blink. Surrreeeee Tom like that’s what you wanted. Your high school self would have ripped on your current self 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

What I find offensive about his “master plan” is him suggesting he had these ideas for shitty AVA songs like Rebel Girl when he was in high school starting blink. Surrreeeee Tom like that’s what you wanted. Your high school self would have ripped on your current self 

Yeah, he is still trying to tap the Blink 182 well.

10 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

many of us wrote him off in '04. he's pretty easy to ignore. the downward slide began with the painkiller addiction and the first AVA album. it's only gotten sillier since.

Yeah but some people bounce back, and he's slightly hinted towards it but goes right back to his shit.  

• Like 1

Still can’t believe this is a “24 month” plan with AVA... like we may not get the album for a year or more... 

People rip blink for “using the name”, randomly dropping BIOMY to promote tour, etc. and this is exactly what Tom just did with AVA/Rebel Girl. AND it’s arguably even more disingenuous because he may be doing it simply to appease “investors” to have *something* on the board that may turn a profit....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Still can’t believe this is a “24 month” plan with AVA... like we may not get the album for a year or more... 

People rip blink for “using the name”, randomly dropping BIOMY to promote tour, etc. and this is exactly what Tom just did with AVA/Rebel Girl. AND it’s arguably even more disingenuous because he may be doing it simply to appease “investors” to have *something* on the board that may turn a profit....

Tom is a business, but music is only a part of his interest. I think it would be lame if he took 24 months to get an album together, but he is doing a lot of other crap - like his History Channel thing, books, etc etc. On the other hand, Blink is a band and their business is music. Since they aren't trying to make their art into a full multi-media experience, I get more pissed when it takes them so long to assemble their one and only focus... albums!

8 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

the difference is we all accept Tom is nuts and we're numb to how much he shits all over fans, it's just understood at this point that he's a tool but people still like his music (Rebel Girl still sucks but whatever). the blink side of stuff stings more because A. it's blink-182, not a different band and B. We always saw Mark as the sane underdog in the situation. Now not so much. 

• Like 1

Did I miss something? How is Tom's new AVA album now a 24-month long plan? What interview did I miss or not watch? For real... I'm lost.

If this is all true, the Skibots should be doing Snoopy dances right now knowing Tom won't be back for at least 2 years. And Mark and his cowriters can squeeze out another album, or at least a Deluxe album, in that time. 

28 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Did I miss something? How is Tom's new AVA album now a 24-month long plan? What interview did I miss or not watch? For real... I'm lost.

From this interview:

Yeah, you’ve got bands like Muse who put out a song a month for like a year, which was really cool and that’s something we talked about but, for us, this is a 24 month plan. We launch a song, then the tour, then the movie and the album, then another, bigger tour. Then all the film projects from the past five years will come to life."

He's pretty much confirmed the album will release alongside the movie (and be named the same thing), and the movie hasn't even begun filming yet.... (is supposed to in a few weeks)

still waiting for that Poet anderson feature film.....

everbody knows These Things never come to life. TTS had the strange times album on their Website due Q4 2018... now completely scrapped

i think the Poet anderson Universe was a great idea and would've made a nice franchise but he half assed it so quickly and now it's burried. like everything he starts.

It's very frustrating to see, but to be honest, if i had the money and the amount of die hard fans, I'd probably act similiar

• Like 1

i really think one of tom's main issue with his ambition is that he is used to fame and has great income and a lot of support. 

if a Thing like Poet anderson or strange times was a Thing he has to pull of he would push through the hard times.

but his wallet can cope with jumping from idea to idea so he gets Nothing done...

What happened to that film about skateboarders/punk rockers from San Diego that decided to investigate paranormal activity around town? Tom was supposed to direct it or something in early 2017. I remember they started shooting but I guess it's another project that failed to come to life?

11 minutes ago, Elisa said:

What happened to that film about skateboarders/punk rockers from San Diego that decided to investigate paranormal activity around town? Tom was supposed to direct it or something in early 2017. I remember they started shooting but I guess it's another project that failed to come to life?

Strange Times? According to IMDb it's in pre-production...

I can't keep track of all the projects (and lost interest in trying years ago)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SandChannel said:

Tom is a business, but music is only a part of his interest. I think it would be lame if he took 24 months to get an album together, but he is doing a lot of other crap - like his History Channel thing, books, etc etc. On the other hand, Blink is a band and their business is music. Since they aren't trying to make their art into a full multi-media experience, I get more pissed when it takes them so long to assemble their one and only focus... albums!

We all know now that there will be no album. Once he said it would be coming out with a film that was code for "its never coming out".

Seriously, a shitty single, a little Blink 182 name dropping, and a tour. He is pathetic.

• Like 1