The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

remember wen Rogan was the dude making people eat cockroaches and ox testicles? really makes you think.

That's what he will always be to me.

I'm a little creeped out by the influence this guy has on men my age. He gives a platform to people completely undeserving of any spotlight.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That's what he will always be to me.

I'm a little creeped out by the influence this guy has on men my age. He gives a platform to people completely undeserving of any spotlight.

he's like the smartest dumb guy so I think he attracts a particular crowd. but also, I think once people found out that the guy who wrote I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell was a fraud, they had to find somebody else to guide them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

lol yeah, that about sums him up

he has a way of making your average kind of dumb guy feel "woke" by listening

People with terrible opinions listen to him in order to feel like their horrible opinions make sense.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Elisa said:

People with terrible opinions listen to him in order to feel like their horrible opinions make sense.

I wouldn't go that far, mostly it's just entertaining. You don't, and shouldn't, have to be pigeonholed into a certain demographic to be entertained by a show. It's just entertainment. 

Sometimes he has great guests on (I enjoy when he has historians on or medical professionals personally) ... other times he has shitty guests on (I don't listen to the ufc episodes or the health trend weirdos or even most of the comedians and musicians).

It's a toss up.

Although, I admit I do enjoy the provocateurs that come on but that's my sense of humor. I don't expect to be rallied with and fed opinions I agree with, I don't need that sort of thing. I just need something entertaining. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

I wouldn't go that far, mostly it's just entertaining. You don't, and shouldn't, have to be pigeonholed into a certain demographic to be entertained by a show. It's just entertainment. 

Sometimes he has great guests on (I enjoy when he has historians on or medical professionals personally) ... other times he has shitty guests on (I don't listen to the ufc episodes or the health trend weirdos or even most of the comedians and musicians).

It's a toss up.

Although, I admit I do enjoy the provocateurs that come on but that's my sense of humor. I don't expect to be rallied with and fed opinions I agree with, I don't need that sort of thing. I just need something entertaining. 

But not everyone is like you. Despite being unbiased, Rogan caters more towards a lot of conservatives/white people. He also has that whole fighting/martial arts/mma demographic too and invites self proclaimed idiots like Alex Jones and Nick De Paulo so I think that sometimes being judged by your demographics is inevitable. When you cater just a little bit to the right, you just attract a cesspool of people. Then of course it's just a podcast, it's entertainment and he's good at doing interviews but his audience leaves me this weird feeling of bro-logic that I will always stay out of because it doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

But not everyone is like you. Despite being unbiased, Rogan caters more towards a lot of conservatives/white people. He also has that whole fighting/martial arts/mma demographic too and invites self proclaimed idiots like Alex Jones and Nick De Paulo so I think that sometimes being judged by your demographics is inevitable. When you cater just a little bit to the right, you just attract a cesspool of people. Then of course it's just a podcast, it's entertainment and he's good at doing interviews but his audience leaves me this weird feeling of bro-logic that I will always stay out of because it doesn't make sense to me. 

You're pretty special yourself!

Also, why would you ever pay attention to an audience for a podcast, of course they're troglodytes?! Any group of people are generally cesspools, groups bring out the worst in people. Although, I would argue that catering to anything brings out the degenerates ... left, right, whatever.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

You're pretty special yourself!

Also, why would you ever pay attention to an audience for a podcast, of course they're troglodytes?! Any group of people are generally cesspools, groups bring out the worst in people. Although, I would argue that catering to anything brings out the degenerates ... left, right, whatever.

That's right , I can't argue that haha
Ghent and Kyle were just talking about some kind of people who look up to him so I just chimed in with my theory about why they do that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elisa said:

That's right , I can't argue that haha
Ghent and Kyle were just talking about some kind of people who look up to him so I just chimed in with my theory about why they do that. 

Yeah, I know ... you're just easier to discuss things with so I picked you to doing a little chiming in of my own!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

he's like the smartest dumb guy so I think he attracts a particular crowd. but also, I think once people found out that the guy who wrote I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell was a fraud, they had to find somebody else to guide them.

This is honestly a perfect definition.  I enjoy Joe Rogan for entertainment purposes and if you are getting 2 hour interviews by people you want to hear from that's pretty awesome in itself, can't hate on that.  I can't stand guys like Jordan Peterson that come on though and the entire comment section treating him like a savior of man kind.  He was trying to sell a red meat only diet claiming it cured their family depressing yet he sounds insanely depressed still.

I mean it's basically just guys shooting the shit and some are highly entertaining (see: Eddie Bravo).  I don't think it's meant to be taken that seriously.

I prefer Fear Factor Joe though.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Wait...first of all I totally forgot about "I hope they serve beer in hell" and that guy Tucker Max...please tell me it was found out he was lying the whole time? lol

16 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Wait...first of all I totally forgot about "I hope they serve beer in hell" and that guy Tucker Max...please tell me it was found out he was lying the whole time? lol

It was something like that, yeah, I can't remember what it was that outed him though.

• Like 1

Rogan is definitely an interesting one. Hes not really that smart, just good at talking and interviewing. Its well know in his fanbase that he just repeats the same few quips over and over in an attempt to sound smart. He gets made fun of pretty hard by fans on his sub reddit. Overall it can be a fun podcast depending on the guest. 

And the Bob Lazar story seems pretty legit

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Rogan is definitely an interesting one. Hes not really that smart, just good at talking and interviewing. Its well know in his fanbase that he just repeats the same few quips over and over in an attempt to sound smart. He gets made fun of pretty hard by fans on his sub reddit. Overall it can be a fun podcast depending on the guest. 

And the Bob Lazar story seems pretty legit

Interesting to see the hate towards Rogan on here. At least he tries to pay attention and be aware of important social issues, which is more than 99% of our retarded population can say. He is also the first one to always point out he’s not very smart lol. So he doesn’t take himself too seriously and I have to respect that. Cool, humble dude in my opinion that is open to hearing anyone’s opinions and perspectives no matter what side of the political spectrum they fall under. He is kind of like the blink of the political/social world in a way....he introduces topics and issues to a lot of people who otherwise wouldn’t have cared or known to look into them..just like blink did to punk rock 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

my lifestyle couldn't be further from bro/right wing culture and i love the rogan podcast (excluding the mma ones).

i think its just one of those things thats big and popular and being hate it cause its cool