The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I tend to agree with Kay when it comes to Tom's sonic landscape pretention, it seems like Tom lost that spark of being influenced by new and old music. Like does he ever talk about new bands? Is he interested in challenging himself or even creating these so-called "landscapes"? Springsteen in his heyday was like a maniac in terms of getting the right sound and the right tone and everything to be just precise. Listen to any of his 70s or 80s output and there is so much care in his work, even if a song doesn't fully work it sounds like he spent 2 weeks recording it just right. That's why a producer is a good idea because they will challenge you and point you in interesting ways (good ones at least). Feldmann used to be like this with his early Used records. They still sound better than what he does now.

Mark isn't pushing himself and Tom is just too lazy to actually dedicate himself to these things. It's so frustrating.

Tom did say recently that he got carried away with the spacey synth aesthetic for his music and wants the new album to be back to the basics.  Rebel Girl supports this.

Problem is he's so uncommitted and probably will never put the time in.  Your post it's spot on though. Beating a dead horse, but they do all balance eachother out Mark Tom and Travis.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, daveyjones said:

?? rebel girl is drowning in god awful synth.

Davey, I'm just curious. If I had presented to you the song "Rebel Girl" back when you were hanging with the band and told you Tom was going to write this song in 20 something years, what would you have said?

2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Davey, I'm just curious. If I had presented to you the song "Rebel Girl" back when you were hanging with the band and told you Tom was going to write this song in 20 something years, what would you have said?

i would have said shit, what's next? is donald fucking trump the president of the united states, too?!?!?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1