The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Surely AVA is going to release this 2nd song in the next week or two to hype up the tour? They've been riding Rebel Girl for 4 months, and Tom's "new song coming" post is 5+ weeks old...

Dude this tour is a quick cash-grab. We won't hear anything until 2020. He'll want to use the money to help fund the movie that will eventually become a short film (or a long, feature length experimental film) that coincides with the release of this album. So like, 4 years from now actually.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

It may be the Rebel Girl music video which would be a joke at this point. Would be like blink dropping a BIOMY video now...just seems pointless and too long ago.

Considering it's a top AvA song all time I see nothing wrong with this.  Sorry the doesn't follow the Feldmann factory output schedule.

Or any schedule for that matter...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I love AVA and I still don't know how you can be serious with this lol, not even in my top 25.

I fucking love it. It sounds more like Tom than AvA to me besides the synth.  "D-Do you want to go BACK to where we started.?" Love that part, love the breakdown.  Love how it just starts no pretentious buildup. Love the 80s vibe.  After a long hiatus and all the California stuff it felt refreshing timewise.

No trolling, I put it top 15 AvA.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Self Untitled said:

I fucking love it. It sounds more like Tom than AvA to me besides the synth.  "D-Do you want to go BACK to where we started.?" Love that part, love the breakdown.  Love how it just starts no pretentious buildup. Love the 80s vibe.  After a long hiatus and all the California stuff it felt refreshing timewise.

No trolling, I put it top 15 AvA.

It's a good song. It's catchy and poppy without sounding manufactured. 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, NotNow said:

That’s really misleading, rebel girl isn’t even on the billboard chart. This is some random chart that looks like whatever it’s tracking is radio spins? But radio spins for what, a few stations under this umbrella, all stations?

The alternative chart on mediabase tracks spins on most major alt and rock stations. To my understanding Billboard is a combination of everything from streams, radio, sales etc. 

5 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Not sure if I missed this being posted at all in the last two days but it's a really interesting interview with Tom that brings up a lot of the TTS weirdness that we talk about here: https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/tom-delonge-played-blink-182-aliens-get-really-offended-start-inter-planetary-war-2536547

it always irks me how tom downplays blink.  in the would you play an alien blink or ava and saying ava.  how reporters ask what his best song ever written and he says the adventure.  i never understood his need to distance himself from the brand because i’d argue the most support he got for ava from the blink fan base was during the love era bc it coincided w the neighborhoods reunion time.

if he kept his toe in the water he’d prob have way more support of all his side ventures instead of treating as a thing he made punk nursery rhymes he wrote for children.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Action said:

The alternative chart on mediabase tracks spins on most major alt and rock stations. To my understanding Billboard is a combination of everything from streams, radio, sales etc. 

It's streams/sales for the most part. There's charts that include other elements but mostly what youre seeing is streams and sales. 

21 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

or bruce springsteen.

did you see the lyric video? so creepy... glad tom had nothing to do with it (i don't think so—looks to be an unofficial production)

No idea what on earth that is, but my goodness is that song good. That chorus is so undeniably catchy and probably took Tom little effort to write.  No wonder Mark hates his ass, he can literally shit gold sometimes.