The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

16 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tom coming across creepy is kinda just who he is now and has been for a while.

I still find this creepy / hilarious (the song but especially the video) -

Gosh, the live performances of this song have been so disastrous. I hope he doesn’t perform this song on the upcoming tour. 

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

That Breathe video is the best Tom has ever looked IMO. Funny cause I remember around that time, I thought Mark was the one that aged really well. Based on recent photos, Tom looks like he's been looking after himself a bit better too.

41 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

Fuck, percussions and synths work so good in Breathe, Tom's voice is so gentle and the vocal melody is unconventional. But his body language is really odd in the video ?

He looks healthy but also creepy as all fuck, and the lyrics add to the creep factor. just "Do you know..." ALL HIS FACE UP IN THE CAMERA STARING iNTO YOUR SOUL "that I love you? come lay with me" nah Tom I'm alright, chill out, just gonna call security real quick you fucking loon... 

@Self Untitled we can sit around and talk about Rebel Girl all day. I may be a proud AVA bot already, but seriously it's such a good song. Putting it as a top 15 AVA song is definitely possible because it's already my top listened song on Spotify and it's grown on me so much. The production, lyrics, and that bridge...proper Tom bridges are excellent.

• Like 1

I think it's just part of Tom's nature acting like that, especially without a guitar in his hand. I don't think he's ever tried to be too serious in his videos, even if the music or the video itself seems pretentious. I've kinda gotten used to seeing his antics without a guitar. Mark looked awkward as hell without his bass on that Simple Creatures Strange Love video. But if he had been seen on videos dancing around like that for 10 years straight like Tom, I'd be used to seeing Mark without a bass too.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

He looks healthy but also creepy as all fuck, and the lyrics add to the creep factor. just "Do you know..." ALL HIS FACE UP IN THE CAMERA STARING iNTO YOUR SOUL "that I love you? come lay with me" nah Tom I'm alright, chill out, just gonna call security real quick you fucking loon... 

I dunno. Could've been worse. They could've been doing a music video for Sirens which has some creepyish kinda lyrics. Imagine Tom doing that whilst singing

LADADADADADADADA
I like your eyes wide
LADADADADADADADA
I'm knocking at your back door

or

I do this from time to time where I like to watch you as you sleep

I do get what you mean though haha. I think because it's Tom who's well known for cheeky or creepy lyrics and because of how he is, most people will see the lyrics as genuine rather than borderline creepy. Think of Amazing Spiderman 2 where Peter Parker is stalking Gwen. In the real world that'd be creepy as hell. But when we know the story of it or in this case Tom, who has always been a bit playful with his lyrics, I couldn't be too creeped out by it. 100% see where you're coming from though haha.

8 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I dunno. Could've been worse. They could've been doing a music video for Sirens which has some creepyish kinda lyrics. Imagine Tom doing that whilst singing

LADADADADADADADA
I like your eyes wide
LADADADADADADADA
I'm knocking at your back door

or

I do this from time to time where I like to watch you as you sleep

I do get what you mean though haha. I think because it's Tom who's well known for cheeky or creepy lyrics and because of how he is, most people will see the lyrics as genuine rather than borderline creepy. Think of Amazing Spiderman 2 where Peter Parker is stalking Gwen. In the real world that'd be creepy as hell. But when we know the story of it or in this case Tom, who has always been a bit playful with his lyrics, I couldn't be too creeped out by it. 100% see where you're coming from though haha.

I mean "Pretty Little Girl" always makes me cringe, not the song I actually like the song but the phrase itself is just a fuckin' odd way to talk about your wife haha, I think he just accidentally has creepy phrases. Rebel Girl suffers from the same thing. He's just a fairly odd dude. 

• Like 1

I think the latest interview with Tom was kind of interesting. To sum it up; he's nuts, but he's too nuts to realize he is nuts. He is going to do crazy and not give a single fuck what anyone thinks. Crazy could cost him his marriage, his money, his life but he's still going to do it.

Also funny.

Random Tom Delonge "Govt official": I worked at the pentagon.

Interviewer: The Pentagon says you never worked there. Can you provide proof you did?

Random Tom Delonge "Govt Official": Well I could but I don't like to humiliate people and stuff.....

LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I think the latest interview with Tom was kind of interesting. To sum it up; he's nuts, but he's too nuts to realize he is nuts. He is going to do crazy and not give a single fuck what anyone thinks. Crazy could cost him his marriage, his money, his life but he's still going to do it.

You gotta almost respect him for it in a way, at least he is being true to himself and just doing what makes him happy rather than chasing fame and adoration at any cost like someone else we all know...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Me and Aria had this discussion yesterday via text messages; and I totally agree.

Tom chases literal fake shit and uses his fans to fund it. It's not admirable in any way shape or form and there's also no proof it makes him happy. In fact, I would argue that it has ruined his life. It has cost him his family, his band, his friends, and enormous amounts of money.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

there's also no proof it makes him happy. In fact, I would argue that it has ruined his life. It has cost him his family, his band, his friends, and enormous amounts of money.

That's a great point actually. People always say "hey at least he's chasing his dreams and doing what makes him happy" but it's pretty clear that he's literally thrown aside everything else in his life which is very sad.

41 minutes ago, Kay said:

I mean "Pretty Little Girl" always makes me cringe, not the song I actually like the song but the phrase itself is just a fuckin' odd way to talk about your wife haha, I think he just accidentally has creepy phrases. Rebel Girl suffers from the same thing. He's just a fairly odd dude. 

Haha I've thought the same thing about that song. I guess his wife at the time probably loved that kinda shit about him.

• Like 1