The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Oliver isn’t too bright these days. Tends to struggle to keep up with what’s going on.

to be fair the posting has upped around the boards, I wouldn't be surprised if people missed that bit of info. 

So who's gonna tell Tom that Mark wrote that as a dare he got from a kid on twitter?

In all honesty, I think Tom is so far removed from Blink at this point that they are both comfortable talking about it and being halfway friendly to each other. Tom of course will string Blink fans along (like the article that was posted earlier saying he wants to do Blink in the future), Mark knows he's not coming back and doesn't want him to, but is ok talking about it on a personal level.

Remember, someone asked Mark if he'd be open to working with Tom on music again in the future and he replied "As a wedding DJ duo? Absolutely." That says it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Did they?

Didn't know. What are the details behind this?

Mark did a QnA and said that was the last time he saw Tom, and it correlates with that weird social media post Tom made where he was like "I saw Mark yesterday!" and Mark said he hadn't seen him in a year and a half. 

TLDR, they've seen each other since BTD was released and Mark lied about it. 

Tom's been saying he would return to blink for a long time now.

I'm sure that he will eventually. And I hope that he does. Gotta let TTS go out of business first. Cover the lawsuits that arise after that for the fraudulent investing scheme, etc.

9 hours ago, two said:

this just happened

Image-1.png

This is dangerous, once he sees how cringey Mark's insta is he probably won't want to come back.

Anyone else think the divorce has something major to do with this? What if it was really Jen who hated blink and got in his head?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Some songs have two guitars, but you’re right, it’s never for a prolonged period of time. It would make for some interesting new songs though.Green Day did it and it worked ok.

yes, but the guitarist they use isnt a frontman type of person, i was talking as in all of them being leaders at the same time

i cant see matt wanting to be downgraded to be a background guitarist with the personality he has

5 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

I can't see matt wanting to be downgraded to be a background guitarist with the personality he has

Really? Pretty sure his sad ass would be a prop in the background as long as he's getting paid.

I think he could be Pat Smear from Nirvana as the best example, but everyone liked that guy inside and outside of the band. Matt not so much

7 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Really? Pretty sure his sad ass would be a prop in the background as long as he's getting paid.

I think he could be Pat Smear from Nirvana as the best example, but everyone liked that guy inside and outside of the band. Matt not so much

the only people in music who don't like and respect Skiba are blink fans. Alk3 fans have absolutely no issues with him whatsoever, man is a songwriting power house. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

the only people in music who don't like and respect Skiba are blink fans. Alk3 fans have absolutely no issues with him whatsoever, man is a songwriting power house. 

Color me shocked fans of his band are fans of him..

Everyone in the Germs loved Pat Smear. Everyone in Nirvana and fans loved Pat Smear.

Do you see the difference here. 

I think it's pretty cool and I feel like if they were susceptible enough to labels telling them to get along they would've done it a LONG time ago. Soon we'll have to start another "where do you predict Blink will be in 5 years" threads haha. My wild guess as of 5/16/2019:

• New album comes out, super poppy, big hit or two but overall interest is waning because it's like eating cotton candy instead of real food
  • The flirtation with Tom continues, maybe even an appearance of some kind together
  • They announce they're doing some huge Lollapalooza type show with Tom as a one-time-only type of thing
  • After all the excitement settles down for awhile word gets out that Skiba is leaving, they present it as an amicable situation and Skiba gives some quotes about how "I love those guys but it was never as comfortable as we wanted it to be and I never felt like I was involved in as much of the process as I like to be so we're better off back in our own worlds"
  • Big announcement - They had such a great time doing that huge show and things have changed and settled down so much over the years so Tom is back! One final album and tour to put Blink to bed and cement the legacy before they all move on as friends supporting each others projects.
  • Tom goes AWOL and they call the whole thing off, he reappears in 2031 in the woods somewhere having no memories of his previous life or anyone he knows.
  • Blink legacy complete
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Everyone in the Germs loved Pat Smear. Everyone in Nirvana and fans loved Pat Smear.

Do you see the difference here. 

Yes, but it would've been a totally different story if Pat's introduction was as the new frontman after Kurt was gone. Fans would've ripped him for stuff that is out of his control and him just trying his best. If Skiba came in as a backup guitarist, people (Tombots) would be way more accepting. Instead they unfairly compare him to Tom and complain because it's not the same. 

• Like 1