The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

I fucking love them! I sing them every time, I even add a little inflection that leads to the chorus better than Tom's. Oliver ain't got shit on me.

Haha. Something was just weird hearing Tom sing "shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits fart turn and twat" to la da da be bop la dadadada 

So, reading the PDF a bit more, this is how it seems to have happened:

-TTS managed to raise only about a million dollars between September 2017 and September 2018 (this was their first offering). 

-TTS had to resort to various merchant loans (as opposed to proper bank loans the company could never qualify for), some carrying a prohibitive interest rate of 30% (!!!).

-Tom then established a line of credit with TTS to pump his own money into the company essentially for free to keep it going. 

-Jen leaves and takes the kids with her. 

Edit:-Tom resurrects AvA and starts flirting with blink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MSandt said:

So, reading the PDF a bit more, this is how it seems to have happened:

-TTS managed to raise only about a million dollars between September 2017 and September 2018 (this was their first offering). 

-TTS had to resort to various merchant loans (as opposed to proper bank loans the company could never qualify for), some carrying a prohibitive interest rate of 30% (!!!).

-Tom then established a line of credit with TTS to pump his own money into the company essentially for free to keep it going. 

-Jen leaves and takes the kids with her. 

Edit:-Tom resurrects AvA and starts flirting with blink.

Nicely put! 

1 minute ago, Njdevils26 said:

I’m a fan of them when they work. In Wishing Well they work, and work well.

Yea, I still really like that song. That's just the one part of the song where I always think maybe they could have put something else in there. But as a whole I do really like that song

6 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea, I still really like that song. That's just the one part of the song where I always think maybe they could have put something else in there. But as a whole I do really like that song

They should have had mark sing over Tom doing the la-da-das and used them as backing vocals to Marks part.

Great interview by the blink-180 dudes podcast with Tom:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-blink-180-dudes-podcast/id1234138516#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F652778093

He said about half the album is done, the plan is to do half, tour, make his movie, finish the second half, then release it Summer 2020 with another tour....

aka gonna be awhile...

Also mentioned Trav/Mark “I talk to them all the time. Well I don’t talk to them all the time. But...” lll

37 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-blink-180-dudes-podcast/id1234138516#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F652778093

He said about half the album is done, the plan is to do half, tour, make his movie, finish the second half, then release it Summer 2020 with another tour....

aka gonna be awhile...

Also mentioned Trav/Mark “I talk to them all the time. Well I don’t talk to them all the time. But...” lll

This podcast is really great, much better than kroq bullshit, and the host asked mostly about music. It's funny that they covered Cat Like Thief since I've been binge listening to this song for the last couple of days.

14 hours ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

No, these are demos of shit. Nothing with drums, nothing finished. Its just me and an electric or acoustic guitar.

Actually this one is full band:

Me on guitar and vocals, my pal Anthony on bass and I believe we used a different drummer for this ... can't remember his name though. We never finished it though.

Dude that song is so catchy I wanna get it in bed. Imagine some harmonies in the chorus though, would have lifted even more! 

48 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

aka gonna be awhile...

Is this available somewhere else?

7 minutes ago, Since88 said:

Dude that song is so catchy I wanna get it in bed. Imagine some harmonies in the chorus though, would have lifted even more! 

Yeah, we never finished it ... we were gonna treat this album  https://m.soundcloud.com/the-abbreviators/sets/insurgent-pepper like a demo and redo the songs properly (plus I had written a few more to replace a couple that sucked) and American Love was the first to get worked on ... we made it exactly as far as laying down the music and lead vocals and dropped the whole project. You can hear the demo version of American Love on the soundcloud I linked to ... life just got shitty and I started drinking hard and the whole plan fell apart and I walked away.

I appreciate you digging it though, thanks!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Here is their Soundcloud page, I listen to a ton of podcasts and usually enjoy this blink one the most out of the 3-4 I've came across. I actually had a clip on the last podcast and gave the board a shoutout.

Is that not the podcast that posted here looking for people to talk to?

4 minutes ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Sounds like Tom is on X..  Really lucky these guys got him on though, and really cool interview.  I would listen to a Tom podcast.

I would make it 20 minutes into a Tom podcast before he annoyed the shit out of me with his mindless rambling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

I would make it 20 minutes into a Tom podcast before he annoyed the shit out of me with his mindless rambling. 

Only when he starts talking about 'government officials' I facepalm.  Otherwise I love his openness about the band and even took a bit if a dig at his synth obsession in AvA?

He's not wrong, Chasing Shadows is more stripped down.

Saying him Mark and Travis are just like brothers, that argue, kind of a good look at it. 

I still think he was on X though, acts like everyone I know when they are in it "I lovvee that you guys are doing that. it's so cool it's so good to see you. Wowww"