The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I think as long as Tom's connection with the group remains unclear, it is something to concern ourselves with.

If Tom is as he put it "still in the band" this could have serious implications down the road for the future of Blink.. Its the unknown factor right now. I am not lawyer but I could see a situation where Tom could still hold the current lineups feet to the fire.

I wish Mark or Travis would come out and clarify. I'd feel much better with moving on if they said he no longer has any control over the band.

To say that Tom will just be happy and move on is a bit shortsighted given his obvious mental instability.

But I vote in favor of this being the Tom Delonge catchall thread.

• Like 4

meh, worst case scenario is they have to relabel the band as "blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba," in which case everyone will still call them blink and know they are blink.

Tom has no leverage really. I just hope he's not getting paid to sit around his house being a fucking drain on humanity while these guys actually work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom is making money from this new album. All comes down to what the lawyers are trying to settle on.

How is he being a drain on humanity? He is experimenting and doing something he loves. I bet a lot of us wish we could do that and call it a job.

I'm not a Tom fan at all but a lot of people have so much hate for the guy its crazy.

I don't know how this all works. It seems insane that he would have any leverage or ownership of a band he was kicked out of. Don't people get booted from bands all the time? What usually happens? Did Blink have some sort of special ownership deal that other bands don't have? 

12 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

How is he being a drain on humanity? He is experimenting and doing something he loves. I bet a lot of us wish we could do that and call it a job.

He's not self-sufficient. He has to drain resources away from more talented people to be able to do what he loves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

meh, worst case scenario is they have to relabel the band as "blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba," in which case everyone will still call them blink and know they are blink.

Tom has no leverage really. I just hope he's not getting paid to sit around his house being a fucking drain on humanity while these guys actually work.

If they really would have to rename themselves to get out of this... is there anything wrong with legally changing their name back to just "Blink" again? Or will that damn Irish pop band come back...

• Like 2

I honestly think Tom will feel vindicated by hearing this song. That's how delusional the guy is, he will hear it and think it doesn't have shit on his "vast musical landscapes" and "super important things" he's doing, despite the fact I'd guess/hope California will outsell both Poet Anderson and Chasing Shadows combined.

Blink is so much better off without him.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kevin. said:

the only +44 song he listened to was "No It Isn't." he really is so egotistic that i can see him never checking out anything off of this album. i remember Mark said he bought WDNTW when it came out, listened to it in his car, and was super disappointed lol

I 100% for sure am positive that Tom listened to the entire record front to back..... then just said he didn't. And I'm 100% sure that Mark listened to WDNTW and while was disappointed, didn't hate it and just said he did.