The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Goddamn I love the Cure. Like, I don't trust a person if they don't at least like the Cure a little bit. I once almost went bungie jumping with a couple of friends and the guy who was supposed to jump with us said he didn't really care for them.

I dipped the fuck out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kevin. said:

so, what cure songs are you jamming out with your best friend in a parking lot? i'm curious. they are notoriously a makeout band and a cry yourself to sleep band. if that isn't horribly obvious to you, i don't really know what to say.

Jumping Someone Else's Train?

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Goddamn I love the Cure. Like, I don't trust a person if they don't at least like the Cure a little bit. I once almost went bungie jumping with a couple of friends and the guy who was supposed to jump with us said he didn't really care for them.

I dipped the fuck out.

There's always a nearly perfect song on each of their albums, but I'm having problems liking every song on them. Boys Don't Cry/Three Imaginary Boys are basically the only albums I love in their entirety, and they're basically the same album.

4 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

its kinda painful to see that he NEVER includes Mark in his tweets

Because he's not in contact with Mark and knows that Mark is the one with the animosity towards him. He's trying to weasel his way back in by being friendly with Travis and get him to convince Mark he should come back.

I'm beginning to think Travis is just a very compassionate and empathetic guy. He knows Tom's mental struggles and past struggles with drugs and wants to help him on a personal level rather than helping push him over the edge with the Blink drama. It might also be strategic with the legal shit going on and maintaining a friendlier relationship, but I think after everything he's been through, he feels bad for Tom and appreciates everything they did together (without Tom, Travis isn't the successful musician he is is today).

• Like 4

@Rick SanchezI can see that. Or maybe prove that they do in fact have some sort of friendship? I see this as Tom thinking "that's what they want, lol". It's hard to tell. We go through this shit all the time on here and it's fucking weird. Like I can never be certain if Tom is on drugs again, a complete asshole, is that unaware of himself, makes himself look bad because he is naïve, etc. It's fucking bizarre.

Travis on UR once described Tom as "a little kid" and back to what Kevin was saying, maybe Tom is just super super super immature and childlike. Which I can completely see.

• Like 2