The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

32 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Fair enough, I am sure you know way more if it is your business, but to say that as a renter "you lose" is just wrong, and kind of insulting to renters. There is nothing wrong with renting. There are benefits to renting over home ownership. Plenty. So you lost me from the start.

No he doesn't. A janitor or a gym teacher, nothing against em, can turn around take a quick registration or test and be a mortgage broker the next day if they wanted to. While a Residential or commercial Lender at like a Wells or your main Credit Union, that has a private office, not one at a cubicle, has a) been doing it for many years B) full college, possible MBA pursual c) worked through that bank/union at other related positions to get there.

That's why I asked.

If you really want good Mortgage/property advice for someone who is lost on it, and not a used car sales pitch I'd only talk to either a financial plannet to go over quotes or one of those lenders I mentioned with lots of experience and background who you actually meet with in person and not over a headset. Unless you know what you're doing (which the broker type will tell you is impossible as part of his pitch) then just gather all of your quotes from a bunch (easy once you get all your stuff together) and send them to any financial guru you know..they'll see all the tricks or fees and pick the best. 

Or if you know a higher up like a manager of a lender or bank they can seriously just waive the fuck out of your easily waivable fees. They have a threshold that they WANT to hit on each sale. Chances are your higher up connection met almost that on all or more to some suckers and can afford to hand you a mortgage below their profit goal and just fuck over the next two who don't shop around and say they couldn't get a better rate or fees 'due to market'

33 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

But most people buying a house aren't trying to sell it in 2 years.

If they had to, maybe they take a loss, but I mean, in 2 years at an apartment you've put in $30-50K too. So a bad scenario in owning is no worse than an inevitable scenario in renting.

I was referring to him saying he's owned for 2 years and flipping.  Houses can go down in value too ya know.  But you're right if you can afford it the money down, you can turn profit worth the risk vs renting your money away. That's not really what I'm arguing on. 

6 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

No he doesn't. A janitor or a gym teacher, nothing against em, can turn around take a quick registration or test and be a mortgage broker the next day if they wanted to. While a Residential or commercial Lender at like a Wells or your main Credit Union, that has a private office, not one at a cubicle, has a) been doing it for many years B) full college, possible MBA pursual c) worked through that bank/union at other related positions to get there.

That's why I asked.

If you really want good Mortgage/property advice for someone who is lost on it, and not a used car sales pitch I'd only talk to either a financial plannet to go over quotes or one of those lenders I mentioned with lots of experience and background who you actually meet with in person and not over a headset. Unless you know what you're doing (which the broker type will tell you is impossible as part of his pitch) then just gather all of your quotes from a bunch (easy once you get all your stuff together) and send them to any financial guru you know..they'll see all the tricks or fees and pick the best. 

Or if you know a higher up like a manager of a lender or bank they can seriously just waive the fuck out of your easily waivable fees. They have a threshold that they WANT to hit on each sale. Chances are your higher up connection met almost that on all or more to some suckers and can afford to hand you a mortgage below their profit goal and just fuck over the next two who don't shop around and say they couldn't get a better rate or fees 'due to market'

Again, you don't know what the hell youre talking about. You failed to acknowledge where I pointed out the last comment you made with a ton of misinformation in it, and now you're once again spewing garbage that you know nothing about. Stick with a financial planner when you're trying to invest your money and bank accounts.  Financial advisors in most cases aren't going to be up to date on current rates and programs, and definitely not mortgage laws, as they aren't even licensed for that stuff! You can keep talking but at the end of the day you don't know what you're talking about, at all. I've already pointed out specific false claims you've made, yet you fail to acknowledge those, and here you are continuing on spreading your ignorance. What the hell makes you think you know so much? Did your daddy co-sign on a loan for you one time? Get the hell out of here with your garbage. For one, I graduated from a university and spent over half a year studying, getting licensed, and training before I ever started writing loans. Stick to talking about music because you truly don't know anything about the mortgage industry. 

4 minutes ago, Chillin4alivin said:

Again, you don't know what the hell youre talking about. You failed to acknowledge where I pointed out the last comment you made with a ton of misinformation in it, and now you're once again spewing garbage that you know nothing about. Stick with a financial planner when you're trying to invest your money and bank accounts.  Financial advisors in most cases aren't going to be up to date on current rates and programs, and definitely not mortgage laws, as they aren't even licensed for that stuff! You can keep talking but at the end of the day you don't know what you're talking about, at all. I've already pointed out specific false claims you've made, yet you fail to acknowledge those, and here you are continuing on spreading your ignorance. What the hell makes you think you know so much? Did your daddy co-sign on a loan for you one time? Get the hell out of here with your garbage. For one, I graduated from a university and spent over half a year studying, getting licensed, and training before I ever started writing loans. Stick to talking about music because you truly don't know anything about the mortgage industry. 

Lol you haven't even said which company you work for. Because you know I'm right. And stop saying writing mortgages, you sell them, your manager prices them probably, your Underwriter verifies them and basically writes them, and your operations manager sells them to the bank/investor. I know what the fuck I'm talking about and I'm not going to even fill you in on my occupation and background because that'd be too easy.

You lost all credibility when you started playing 'guru' of this shit and showed you have your head far up your ass about what you do and then offered 'pre approval advice' aka get your shit in I'm a pretend expert to try and finagle commission/bonus off your loan. you've shown you fall right into the category of lenders who are a problem and get all arrogant because they have the same title as some really knowledgeable experienced guys...but those guys don't talk like used car salesmen

Back to Tom

18 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

That's why I asked.

Actually , what you need to do is get an official loan estimate from various lenders once you have an offer accepted on a home, and you'll be able to compare apples to apples. The only charges a lender will be able to control are the origination fee and any points they're charging (if any), and/or lender credits they're giving you, if any. All other costs will be third party costs, meaning the lender can't control those costs. Those are things such as property taxes which could be due in advance or arrears depending on where you're buying a home, and then things like  homeowner insurance and title companies, which the buyer gets to choose. Lenders will estimate those third party costs, but those will end up the same no matter which lender you choose, so you only want to look out for origination charges and any points/lender credits like I mentioned. I can look at a loan estimate from another company next to mine and tell right away if I am offering the better deal or not. And I'll let a client know if I can't offer them any better. I don't use any used car salesman tactics at all, and I pride myself on it. I just lost a client the other day who I had been working with because I let her know straight up I wasn't going to be able to beat the other deal she was getting. And guess what, she was very appreciative of that and referred her sister to me. Unfortunately, I have to deal with a lot of misinformed people like Nshesaid who thinks they know everything, but in fact don't really know anything. I spend a lot of time breaking down people's guards like that, but at the end of the day I understand why you need to have your guard up. I also sleep well at night knowing that I look out for people's best interest and that gets me more than enough business. I'm not a shady person and would not sell my soul to make money. But it is irritating when people like Nshesaid try to put false information out into the public, when he has no clue whatsoever what he is talking about.

6 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Lol you haven't even said which company you work for. Because you know I'm right. And stop saying writing mortgages, you sell them, your manager prices them probably, your Underwriter verifies them and basically writes them, and your operations manager sells them to the bank/investor. I know what the fuck I'm talking about and I'm not going to even fill you in on my occupation and background because that'd be too easy.

You lost all credibility when you started playing 'guru' of this shit and showed you have your head far up your ass about what you do and then offered 'pre approval advice' aka get your shit in I'm a pretend expert to try and finagle commission/bonus off your loan. you've shown you fall right into the category of lenders who are a problem and get all arrogant because they have the same title as some really knowledgeable experienced guys...but those guys don't talk like used car salesmen

Back to Tom

Read my recent quote. Writing loans is exactly what I do, I negotiate the pricing and the terms, and come into agreeance with the clients. Underwriters have ultimate say, as in any situation with a mortgage. I don't use car salesman tactics at all, in fact I would be a crummy salesperson. I have my own approach and that is to be honest, even if it means losing a sale. You don't know what you're talking about at all, I mean you've made 3-4 entirely untrue claims, which I've pointed out clearly and you won't even acknowledge them. I haven't said one thing that is false, and I don't have to disclose where I work at to show you "credibility." I don't need to prove any credibility whatsoever to you, when I've disproven everything you've said 

1 minute ago, Smalls said:

What the fuck is going on.. Looks like toms not the only one having meltdown ^^

Ha, no meltdown here. There's probably not too many people on here that care about mortgages, so they won't be harmed by nshesaids misinformation anyways. I just get annoyed by people who try to argue, but have nothing to validate any of their points with. Then when you disprove things they say, they ignore that and try to make different, false claims Lol. Nshesaid doesn't know what he's talking about and is just throwing out false ideas he has in his head, so take it and leave it as that.

1 hour ago, Chillin4alivin said:

You're wrong about a few things:

1) a financial institution meaning companies that also offer checking and savings accounts, etc.. For example, Wells Fargo, chase, Bank of America..those loan officers do not need to be licensed because those companies are considered financial institutions. Look it up, it's the law. I won't disclose who I work for, but we do not offer checking and savings accounts, all we do are mortgages, so I have to be licensed in every state I write loans for.

2) your local lender most certainly does not offer an 8 year fixed rate term, but my company does. With a conventional loan, I can write anywhere from an 8 year term to a 30 year term, fixed rate. You want a 19 year fixed rate conventional mortgage? I got you. But not you, your willingness to rattle of misinformation tells me you probably wouldn't qualify for a conventional mortgage anyways.

3) you were also wrong in the fact you insinuated you know what you are talking about :-)

Oh and I'll add number 4. I work for a direct lender, not a broker , dickhead.

Didn't see this. You still sell your mortgages to a servicer or a large bank. I know what a financial institution is bud, a lender is still listed as financial services. And I know the qualifications for each, they don't take a state to state test like a broker does..usually because the hires are more experienced in finance/Lending/banking, and they are sick of scammy brokerage lenders is the reason they take a separate licensing test.  

A direct lender is just a fancy word for a broker.  Because you don't service the loan you sell them to someone who does. 

I know every mortgage law and regulation too, so you can save your breath on that spiel. That doesn't mean you give good advice. There's only a million of those because many 'direct lenders' DIDNT give good advice in '08 bud.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

To the bolded, you can't, not for a comparable place, only way that would have is if you put down a shit ton of money.

You can sell your home and get your money back? LOL. Fantasy. Just wait till you try to sell and  are getting fucked left and right by the buyer to make repairs, knock money off asking price, etc then get ready to bend over and get screwed at closing with all kinds of costs. You'll get some of you principle back, maybe, if you get lucky or if you've lived there a really long time, not what you put into it though. Unless the housing market takes off. LOLOLOLOL good luck with that!!!!

Truth we just sold our first house this year less than what it was worth and what we paid for. We didn't even have to make that many repais or anything to it either.  Comps in the area kind of hurt our old neighborhood in the aspect.

23 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Didn't see this. You still sell your mortgages to a servicer or a large bank. I know what a financial institution is bud, a lender is still listed as financial services. And I know the qualifications for each, they don't take a state to state test like a broker does..usually because the hires are more experienced in finance/Lending/banking, and they are sick of scammy brokerage lenders is the reason they take a separate licensing test.  

A direct lender is just a fancy word for a broker.  Because you don't service the loan you sell them to someone who does. 

I know every mortgage law and regulation too, so you can save your breath on that spiel. That doesn't mean you give good advice. There's only a million of those because many 'direct lenders' DIDNT give good advice in '08 bud.

LOL, I was going to ignore you, but once again, you are specifically stating false information.

1) I work for a direct lender, and we DO service the loans, 100%, unless it is a jumbo loan. Servicing all of our own loans is one of our strong points.

2) mortgage brokers and mortgage lenders are considered two separate things. You wouldn't know the difference because again, you don't know what you're talking about

3)financial DEPOSITORY institution was the word I should have used for your dumbass. They aren't required to get a license because they are usually more experienced??? Lol, there is no basis for that claim and that is not the reason at all, it's actually because those companies themselves are federally regulated. You can be brand new working at those institutions and not know a damn thing, and there are plenty of those people at places like Bank of America. They don't even have to get licensed, so they don't know jack shit when it comes to federal or state guidelines. 

You need to really just shut up man. I could now type a whole page and include bullet points of at least 6 things you have directly claimed that are all 100% untrue, and I could back every single of them up with factual proof. You could not do the same for even 1 thing that I have said, because I actually know what I'm talking about. Just shut the hell up man, you really sound dumb

No I cannot do the same because I'm on a fucking phone and I'm not gonna type 10 paragraphs for every post where you keep going on a new friggin tangent that is suppose to make you seem smarter because you can lay more general terms down. You are explaining the most elementary shit many of us already know and try playing it off like this is common of someone 'not in the industry' 'we don't know what were talking about' . If you really want me to go into more detail (which probably no one will on this board..) I could when I get on a computer because you only understand the elementary level of it and not the actual back-end behind Lending and how it really works besides what you read on a loan estimate. A loan officer works on the front end mainly, they never can truly work a great deal unless they are connected to the manager or higher because they can finagle with the back-end where a loan is really in play for an institution or w.e the fuck you wanna call your place. They make just as much money there as they do on your origination fees you get to see. That's why I'm saying it's a waste to work with an LO when a higher connection can really make something happen if your goal is a great deal.

You keep saying I'm misinformed because you spin it into a fancier term or whatever is on your objections script you have lined up. Seriously man why so secretive about your company probably because it has a D- on the BBB?

You just dodge or hide shit then get at me for not typing 50wpm on my damn phone.

Can we drop this? This looks so bizarre on a Tom Delonge thread.  However I do like talking about offtopic shit like this there's a thread for that though if u want to continud this beatdown.

26 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

No I cannot do the same because I'm on a fucking phone and I'm not gonna type 10 paragraphs for every post where you keep going on a new friggin tangent that is suppose to make you seem smarter because you can lay more general terms down. You are explaining the most elementary shit many of us already know and try playing it off like this is common of someone 'not in the industry' 'we don't know what were talking about' . If you really want me to go into more detail (which probably no one will on this board..) I could when I get on a computer because you only understand the elementary level of it and not the actual back-end behind Lending and how it really works besides what you read on a loan estimate. A loan officer works on the front end mainly, they never can truly work a great deal unless they are connected to the manager or higher because they can finagle with the back-end where a loan is really in play for an institution or w.e the fuck you wanna call your place. They make just as much money there as they do on your origination fees you get to see. That's why I'm saying it's a waste to work with an LO when a higher connection can really make something happen if your goal is a great deal.

You keep saying I'm misinformed because you spin it into a fancier term or whatever is on your objections script you have lined up. Seriously man why so secretive about your company probably because it has a D- on the BBB?

You just dodge or hide shit then get at me for not typing 50wpm on my damn phone.

Can we drop this? This looks so bizarre on a Tom Delonge thread.  However I do like talking about offtopic shit like this there's a thread for that though if u want to continud this beatdown.

You're simply an idiot. I'm explaining elementary things that you already know? Actually I've had to prove you wrong on several things. And you want to use the fact that you're on the phone to excuse why you can't disprove one thing I've said? lol I'm on a phone as well buddy, and now you're just talking in circles. This beat down is down, I've knocked your ass out at this point. You can't prove anything you're trying to say, pretty much every point you've tried to make is actually false, and you are now trying to use you being on a phone as the excuse to why you can't discredit anything I've said with an actual fact check. You lose , you fucking tool. 

Edit. Also didn't read your full comment because you haven't said anything truthful yet. But, actually I do understand the back end of things too, I've been in the industry long enough and actually worked for multiple companies lol. So you have no clue who I work for, but it's funny you try to pull out the BBB. The current company I work for has actually been ranked number 1 in satisfaction several years in a row and that is awarded by the consumers. It also won't find its name in any of the lists the cfpb (I'm sure your ignorant ass will have to look that up-but it's the consumer financial protection bureau and is the big swinging nuts that oversees complaints for you guessed it..financial services. You're so smart!) compiles for the most complained about mortgage lenders. Some of the companies you would suggest to use  find themselves on those list you mentioned (hmm I wonder why..maybe it circles back to the point these people don't have to be licensed and mess a lot of loans up)..So keep talking more about what you have no clue about. I murdered you on this topic. I can disprove every point you've tried to make. Again, you can't disprove one thing I've said with any factual information. You can try but you'll fail. All you can do is beg me to tell you who I work for and I'll just keep laughing at your dumbass

4 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Sure, pm me, I'll be on a computer in 10 minutes. Point out exactly where I'm 'actually false' and 'actually completely wrong on every point' instead of just saying it and we'll have some fun. 

Go read my edit to my last post. I'm not on a computer and I don't want to pm you. I've pretty much laid out every bullet point you've tried to say and discredited it. If I had to, I could site sources but you're not worth my time. You can't even bullet anything I've said and try to explain it away. You just try to make new claims and every single fucking time I'm able to address what you said and explain why you're trash