The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Alright everybody, now we are going to do something called 4-7-8 breathing. Place the tip of your tongue right behind your top front teeth. Breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds. Hold for 7 seconds. Now breathe out through your mouth for 8 seconds. Repeat 3 more times.

Thanks Clarke, I feel much better now. Monday blues = gone. 

Bet none of the other people in this thread even bothered to try it, a shame really. 

• Like 1

I for one have been totally humbled by Tom's recent discovery of the Bigfoot, and I'm actually man enough to admit I've been wrong. Tom's tireless pursuit of the truth and the resulting discovery should make even the biggest critic here have a moment of reflection. One can only remain humble in the presence of such great discovery, a discovery that will change the way we think of the world and our place in evolution. No doubt will this discovery spawn countless academic papers and thrust hundreds of scientists to go out, find, and capture the creature for further study. 

To suggest Tom should have spent all this time instead writing songs about having sex with family members is not only selfish but downright nihilistic. Meanwhile, Tom couldn't care less about your problems as he's probably too busy writing his presentation for the American Association for the Advancement of Science, or having his pictures taken for Time magazine's 2016 Person of the Year story.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, One Eight Two said:

Just out of curiosity, is anyone even interested in new music from Tom? 

I actually genuinely like the last two AVA EPs. I understand everyones dislike of them, critically they aren't good and I think Tom is a nut job asshat, but for some reason I enjoy some of it. I really like View From Below and Parasomnia from Of Nightmares and I like Voyager (even though by all accounts I definitely shouldn't) and Chasing Shadows from the latter EP. 

It's weird though because I can hear all of his recycling, his terrible lyrics, his ridiculous voice, but I still enjoy it. I can't listen to the vast majority of AVA without eyerolling but I like the later stuff. absolutely clueless as to why.

Tom's solo record though is still the worst thing I've ever heard. ever. just hands down terrible. Invisible Parade is 'ok' and I actually like 'Animals' even though the chorus is terrible, but overall it's a dumpster fire. 

14 minutes ago, Clarke said:

That's a tricky question to ask. It depends who he's working with

I guess that's how I feel too. I'm not interested in Angels and Airwaves (have never been), or another "Odds and Ends" type album. I would have obviously still been interested in the New Blink Album That Never Was after Neighborhoods. I guess at this point I'd be curious to hear something like an acoustic EP or something of new material from him, but even then I wouldn't have high hopes at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I am not, my confession is I didn't even listen to his "odds and ends" album. Once I heard it wasn't any good, didn't bother to even waste my time. I'd rather remember Tom when he was good.

There's a couple pretty good songs. The Invisible Parade is pretty good actually, so is Endless Summer. The music for Golden Showers is old school blinkish as well.

• Like 1

Only way i'd be interested in new music is if he joined a new band that was an actual band. you know, where other people have input and they work with a producer and go on tour.

this shitting out a solo/"AVA" album from the living room with a $150 preorder package stuff is criminal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I am not, my confession is I didn't even listen to his "odds and ends" album. Once I heard it wasn't any good, didn't bother to even waste my time. I'd rather remember Tom when he was good.

That actually had a few decent songs and technically that album is only b-side/demo stuff. Tom can definitely still write catchy stuff like he used to, so it sucks he didnt work with the band on them

The Golden Showers song has parts that remind me of blink and the state of "California" is mentioned like 20 times which is funny because that ended up being the theme of the recent album. Even though its a joke song, I think its better than a bunch of the new blink songs like Sober etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

That actually had a few decent songs and technically that album is only b-side/demo stuff. Tom can definitely still write catchy stuff like he used to, so it sucks he didnt work with the band on them

The Golden Showers song has parts that remind me of blink and the state of "California" is mentioned like 20 times which is funny because that ended up being the theme of the recent album. Even though its a joke song, I think its better than a bunch of the new blink songs like Sober etc

Sober is a fucking awful song, I hated it the first time I heard it. I like the piano bridge though, everything else about that song sucks the big one though.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

No offense, but Golden Showers sucks just bc of the lyrics. It's actually a perfect blink song the lyrics or so cringe worthy though lol

8 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yeah they make no sense lol. I was surprised he wrote a song like that after being serious for so long

You can take a dump on my chest if it's okay
Just don't take a piss in someone's mouth when you're away
I jack myself to sleep every night, I'll have a dozen
I'll let you watch the show when I'm pooping on your cousin

like what lol