The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I'll agree it's better than any riff on California, but thats because there is only one riff on California and it's reused and barely a riff at all.

However, This isn't that interesting. but I guess a lot of you guys don't listen to much acoustic stuff? like it's...okay... I don't dislike it, but it's nothing to get excited about. 

• Like 2

I enjoy Dad Tom & Drunk Tom. I mostly enjoy Mark's terrible jokes. Reminds me of Chandler from Friends. Travis I find pretty boring but he's a hard dude to figure out based on interviews and social media. Seems very humble but sometimes can tell he's a bit out there too.

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I enjoy Dad Tom & Drunk Tom. I mostly enjoy Mark's terrible jokes. Reminds me of Chandler from Friends. Travis I find pretty boring but he's a hard dude to figure out based on interviews and social media. Seems very humble but sometimes can tell he's a bit out there too.

In real life, Mark is a complete bore, no personality and very serious, whereas Travis is actually very talkative and fun. Who'd have thought? Travis was rolling up towels and smacking roadies in the ass, whereas Mark seemed so serious and all business, kind of like your boss "get me this, get me that, the sound isn't right, etc"

This is at least what I saw in the short time frame and what I heard from people who did the 30 minute hangout.

• Like 1

I am glad Tom is making less wacko posts as of late and more stuff that seems to level headed. Maybe he is finally fixing himself. Maybe that freakshow Washington DC stalking govt officials stuff is behind him. Who knows.

Of course I don't think this "fixing himself" as going back to Blink, the complete opposite. He seems content with retirement and doesn't seem to give two shits about music at all anymore.

• Like 1

He seems to be doing better, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think there is a giant pre-order music package extravaganza on the horizon. Doesn't take a business professional to know that those terrible books he is releasing aren't gonna pay the bills.

• Like 3