The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

31 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Which is super weird, considering its what brought him success and fame in the first place. I think he relates it to being seen as a stupid young kid - but I mean, that stupid young kid wrote arguably some of the best (pop punk) music of his and the subsequent generation after his own. I don't know - maybe they really did see themselves as a joke the entire time, like how they promoted themselves - so if he could do all of that "as a joke", then SERIOUS Tom must be that much better of a musician in his eyes. Though he never reached that pedestal he set for himself...

Exactly.

Tom wanted to make a revolution like in 2006 without being aware that he, pretty much, accomplished that same goal years before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Must of got Feldys coke dealers number. 

That stuff will keep you up for days. 

I don't get it honestly. It should be a fore gone conclusion that Tom is an ass, or at the very least has some personal issues. Sure, he was amazing pre 2005, and I will forever respect him for that. But the guy literally can't write seem to write songs anymore, he can't even get onstage. He hasn't stepped foot onstage since, 2014? AVA since 2012. You realize how long ago that was?

All his projects have gone nowhere and he can't seem to really do anything. Yet a slight mention at BCR or Blink and some people still shit themselves over greatest that literally hasn't taken place in 13 fucking years.

Blows my mind this conversation still takes place. It's downright odd. All you tombots are FARRRRRR worse than FELDBOTS and this is coming from someone who is not a fan of Feldman.

Oh and a little tidbit for ya, Feldman exist because Tom couldn't honor a record contract. Let that one sink in.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Which is super weird, considering its what brought him success and fame in the first place. I think he relates it to being seen as a stupid young kid - but I mean, that stupid young kid wrote arguably some of the best (pop punk) music of his and the subsequent generation after his own. 

I think he feels he's outgrown Blink, but the really dumb part is he's too mature for Blink, yet is literally writing children's books. Like I bought one book from him that is literally for 5 year olds, and Poet/Strange Times/Cathedrals are all meant for teens. So it's pretty funny that he's too "forward thinking" and "mature" for his famous rock band which has tons of fans, but is totally fine writing a picture book about a kid on the moon who gets a hug from an alien visitor-- which probably 100 people bought. 

I think he's just sick of making music, he's not doing any AVA stuff either. Of course occasionally he misses it, and does the type of shit he did this weekend on social media to remind himself he was a popular rock star. 

I think a lot of us see Tom as a slightly crazy person who hasn't written good music outside of Blink in 15 years, but are STILL curious what Blink would sound like with him in it. If Cali was good that curiosity would have disappeared, but as of now I'll always wish he just pulled his head out of his ass and kept going with Blink.

So even as someone who doesn't pine for the current version of him or anything, I wouldn't mind him putting out some music to shake things up haha

• Like 1

I think the music he's put out with AVA since 2014 is better than anything he did with AVA before so I can't say I relate. it doesn't touch blink levels of good (not even Neighborhoods) but compared to all the previous AVA albums I think he's written some damn good stuff the last few years. his awful solo record not included. 

• Like 1

tom live on Instagram on touring,"i dont really need the cheering and the fame thing".

"im totally cool with blink going out and playing music, anytime i want to i can play again. its still my band"

go away tom. go away. i know mark is blink-182 for life, but i sincerely think he would quit before playing with tom again

• Like 6

Oh Tommmmy boy on Instagram Live!

He said Brooks will likely play drums on the Strange Times EP because it's punk rock... so there goes everyone's BCR dreams with Travis.

Someone asked if he'd ever re-join Blink and he laughed and sorta said "Rejoin? I still own Blink. All 3 of us own it, I didn't give anything away. But I'm totally fine with Blink going out and playing music, I'm just really busy right now. But it's still my band, I can go play with them whenever I want."

Just now, ryan1125 said:

He said Brooks will likely play drums on the Strange Times EP because it's punk rock... so there goes everyone's BCR dreams with Travis.

Someone asked if he'd ever re-join Blink and he laughed and sorta said "Rejoin? I still own Blink. All 3 of us own it, I didn't give anything away. But I'm totally fine with Blink going out and playing music, I'm just really busy right now. But it's still my band, I can go play with them whenever I want."

...are you fucking serious?!  hahahah

3 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Which is funny considering Brooks is currently in Avenged Sevenfold. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

tom live on Instagram on touring,"i dont really need the cheering and the fame thing".

"im totally cool with blink going out and playing music, anytime i want to i can play again. its still my band"

go away tom. go away. i know mark is blink-182 for life, but i sincerely think he would quit before playing with tom again

He don't cares about cheering and fame, yeah... but all what he has right now and all he has built over the years is just because his cheering and famous musician years. If not, he probably would be a plumber or something (which is cool, don't get me wrong, but definitely he wouldn't be losing time and money in projects that are going nowhere).

It would be more honest to say "I don't really need the cheering and the fame thing, as long as I keep my income from the royalties I got back in the day". Much more comfy.

Problem here is that, probably from a legal point of view, he would be able to come back, even if that means the end of blink.

11 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

yup...my jaw hit the floor listening to him say this shit.