The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's stupid, there is no "meltdown". this is common knowledge and known.

That's true.

Really the only thing that has changed is him being more active on social media and so hearing him/seeing him vs something written makes it seem more real, and we are given a window into how fucked up he is. It's sad, really what you are viewing is just a loser, he'd be in his parents basement as a 40 year old man if he didn't have the Blink funds.

He is basically a delusional unemployed loser.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Why is everyone freaking out like this is some revelation? Tom has been saying he still owns blink and can go back and play with them whenever he wants forever.

Speaking for myself, I'm not freaking out. But I must admit this shit is still amazing and hard to believe. The guy, deep inside, is still hiding passive agresive shit.

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

He is basically a delusional unemployed loser.

I don't see how he's unemployed when he probably made more this year than we do in 5 years. He's a small business owner too.

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I don't see how he's unemployed when he probably made more this year than we do in 5 years. He's a small business owner too.

What is his job exactly?? Chasing Aliens and Govt officials around Washington DC? Dumping money into stupid "projects" that are never complete?

Small business owner? Is that a joke?

He's an unemployed loser. His earning power is only the result of residuals from a the man, long dead, that existed many years ago.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Wait wut? That happened?

haha well he posted a pic with a caption with something to do with "the ocean blue." and he did it either the day the album leaked or the day the album was officially out. Seemed like a bit much to be a coincidence at the time, quoting a lyric from the song clearly about him.

35 minutes ago, Ghent said:

haha well he posted a pic with a caption with something to do with "the ocean blue." and he did it either the day the album leaked or the day the album was officially out. Seemed like a bit much to be a coincidence at the time, quoting a lyric from the song clearly about him.

haha that's weird, I wonder if it's a bizarre coincidence or if he actually listened to the album and picked out a random line? I feel like either explanation is equally likely haha.

EDIT - are you able to find the post? I'm looking for it out of curiosity but I don't remember the day the album leaked. On the release date he just posted a bunch of AVA merch hahah

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I'm sure he's currently making more than most people here, however, I think he's probably spending more than he's making.  Nothing wrong with that by the way when you have the money to value passion over profit. He clearly enjoys what he's doing.

Sure, but he's not "unemployed" is my point. He's doing stuff and not just laying around moaning all day. He probably has investments too.

Fuck it. I'm down for a punk rock EP.

I truly think people are ignorant if they don't think Tom could make life harder for blink in court if he wanted to. Just be happy he didn't drag blink w/Skiba through the mud. Shit, even Mark said it was a friendly divorce.

• Like 1

Oh man, I called Tom trying to bring back Box Car months ago.  My reasoning was that it would be his way of trying to just weasel his way back into blink, since he'd be working with Travis again, which at the very least would annoy Mark, to what end, I'm not sure, but it would definitely have some sort of effect on him even if he never even mentions it.  And given that instagram post (or wherever it came from), I think he pretty blatantly laid out that thats exactly what he's aiming for.  

His motives are so transparent, but, that doesn't mean that such a move wouldn't be effective, like I said I'm certain that at least to some extent it would bother Mark to see Travis working with Tom again.  So at the end of the day, it may not even be all that bad of an plan for Tom, I dunno if it would truly be the catalyst to get himself back in blink, but there are far worse and undoubtedly much less effective ways for him to try and go to accomplish such a thing.

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Oh man, I called Tom trying to bring back Box Car months ago.  My reasoning was that it would be his way of trying to just weasel his way back into blink, since he'd be working with Travis again, which at the very least would annoy Mark, to what end, I'm not sure, but it would definitely have some sort of effect on him even if he never even mentions it.  And given that instagram post (or wherever it came from), I think he pretty blatantly laid out that thats exactly what he's aiming for.  

His motives are so transparent, but, that doesn't mean that such a move wouldn't be effective, like I said I'm certain that at least to some extent it would bother Mark to see Travis working with Tom again.  So at the end of the day, it may not even be all that bad of an idea, I dunno if it would truly be the catalyst to get himself back in blink, but there are far worse and undoubtedly much less effective ways for him to try and go to accomplish such a thing.

Sounds like he wasn't even planning on doing a boxcar album until all the fans started talking about it according to what he just tweeted. He made a couple comments about boxcar and everyone thought that meant an album and now he's just rolling with it because he likes the attention. 

Just now, NotNow said:

Sounds like he wasn't even planning on doing a boxcar album until all the fans started talking about it according to what he just tweeted. He made a couple comments about boxcar and everyone thought that meant an album and now he's just rolling with it because he likes the attention. 

Well like I was saying, even if its not a real consideration of his, I think it would probably the best move he could make to potentially lead to a series of events that perhaps could actually get him back in blink.  I don't want him back in blink personally, but of all the things I could think he could do to try and get himself back in there, I think releasing new BCR material with Travis would probably be the smartest move he could make to get that ball rolling.