The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You miiight be a tombot if:

You get offended at the assertion that Tom is having a meltdown. 

lol jesus christ. what are we 12? 

1- i'm not offended in the slightest, i don't even know with what context you made that assumption (in fact, you seem to be the one obsessing over said "meltdown")

2- i was just trying to put a rational perspective on things

3- "you miiight be a tombot if" - i dont get why that's a thing. i like blink-182, and yes, i do enjoy some of tom's other music. i don't consider myself to be a "tombot" at all...  why the fuck do people try and put other people down with stupid labels like "tombot" - we're all fans of the same god damn band... 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

"doing stuff" is not employment. Most people "do stuff" even alcoholics and drug addicts with no jobs "do stuff".

He's unemployed.

To The Stars is still a retail shop. Sure, it's a bunch of UFO / Nonsense project bullshit, but it's still a physical retail store that sells merchandise, alongside the online store.

tom quit blink to make his dreams come true. he wanted to be succesful in other fields, he wanted to release books, movies, documentaries, he wanted to be in history books as the most influental ufologist.

he had worked on this idiotic plan since 2013. then he even quit his succesful band to have time. 2+ years passed without him being in blink, and his "important" projects are still invisible.

so everytime when he starts tweeting about bcr or blink, yeah, that's a minor meltdown. because it's the silent acceptance that his super important projects are meaningless. people don't care about them. people only care about the goofy musician tom delonge.

(what are you expecting? a raging mental breakdown? only that would be classified as a meltdown?)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, phillyguitar92 said:

1- i'm not offended in the slightest, i don't even know with what context you made that assumption (in fact, you seem to be the one obsessing over said "meltdown")

3- "you miiight be a tombot if" - i dont get why that's a thing. i like blink-182, and yes, i do enjoy some of tom's other music. i don't consider myself to be a "tombot" at all...  why the fuck do people try and put other people down with stupid labels like "tombot" - we're all fans of the same god damn band... 

You're totally acting like an offended Tombot right now.

1 hour ago, phillyguitar92 said:

Holy shit did I trigger you?!

3 hours ago, phillyguitar92 said:

Yeah I'll be the first to admit that Tom's recent actions the last few months/years have been bizarre and needy at times, but I would hardly constitute this as a "meltdown" - sure, it's totally plausible that he's desperate for attention and freaking out and reuniting BCR is just an attempt to save face. But he's a human just like anyone else, so maybe, idk, he's proud of something that he created years ago that had an impact on people and himself? It's a normal reaction to want to bring things back together that you may be passionate about if its a genuine thing. Not saying this is what's happening here, but I think we are using "meltdown" way too liberally here lol. Sure, Tom's crazy, this isn't news. Maybe I'm just overly positive and optimistic about things, but maybe he just likes BCR and after not playing music for a while he's itching for it again?  Just a thought :) Too much fault found in everything the guy does (not an apologist for Tom, but seriously, can we not?) Just my 2 cents, not trying to stir the pot.

You must be new to this or something.....let me help you out.

BCR is NOT getting back together!!!! Just like it wasn't last year when Tom said the same fucking. Just like the thousands of other times bullshit comes out of Tom's mouth that never happens.

Stick around for a bit, after year you will come to discover that about 90% of the what comes out of Tom's mouth is good old fashion bullshit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

BCR is NOT getting back together!!!! Just like it wasn't last year when Tom said the same fucking. Just like the thousands of other times bullshit comes out of Tom's mouth that never happens.

Stick around for a bit, after year you will come to discover that about 90% of the what comes out of Tom's mouth is good old fashion bullshit.

HEY... He wants to, he's just finding it hard as hell to commit 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I never said they were getting back together. All I said was a possible thought process in Tom's head that he might like the idea of doing more BCR and why he's talking about it. I'll be the first to agree that the chances of that actually ever materializing are probably less than 5%. All I was doing was just giving an opinion. Others seemed to jump on it like I was saying "all hail Tom he's bringing back the BCR days" lol that's all..

6 hours ago, phillyguitar92 said:

I never said they were getting back together. All I said was a possible thought process in Tom's head that he might like the idea of doing more BCR and why he's talking about it. I'll be the first to agree that the chances of that actually ever materializing are probably less than 5%. All I was doing was just giving an opinion. Others seemed to jump on it like I was saying "all hail Tom he's bringing back the BCR days" lol that's all..

Very reasonable and sensible posting. I'm so sorry, they'll beat it out of you. 

8 hours ago, phillyguitar92 said:

Maybe, but it doesn't square with the facts.

Once upon a time there was this band called Blink 182, and Tom broke away and took Travis with him to form BCR. This hurt Mark, like really bad, for many years! Tom has now lost Blink and I am sure it not happy with Mark.

What better way to get back at Mark than to say him and Travis will once again do BCR? It squares up perfectly with his ego and a pathetic attempt of a broken man to attempt to pretend he has control of his out of control life. Same goes for his "I am still in Blink" mantra. An obvious attempt to pretend he has control.

Plus BCR and Blink give him the hits and attention he wants, no one gives a shit about his other stuff besides die hard tombots.

Like I said, stick around for a bit, and the pattern will be apparent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's like a bunch of schoolgirls in here. All the gossip and drammmaaaaa.

You are odd, you admitted when all the shit came out about Tom that I was right about him. Yet as time passes you seem to want to defend him.

Why do you like defend people who are piece of shit? Just curious.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

You are odd, you admitted when all the shit came out about Tom that I was right about him. Yet as time passes you seem to want to defend him.

Why do you like defend people who are piece of shit? Just curious.

What shit? How am I defending Tom? I just want the truth to be. None of hyperbole.