The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Ha you're all laughing at Tom for, long story short, basically wishing a kid to get better. Grasping at straws here.

No ones laughing at him for that and no ones saying praying is a joke. We're laughing at the fact that he can't just say it normally. He can't say something as simple as just praying for someone without making it some long drawn out pretentious paragraph to make him sound smart and justify his beliefs.

Came back to this thread to say that Oliver is the definition of someone who has no idea what the term healthy and fit means, other than what's defined by P90X adverts and magazines. 

Oliver, go join a beer league somewhere and take a lap. You're a career benchwarmer with some of the statements you make. 

And here - I'll actually back up what I said. Here's a picture of Phil Kessel,  arguably one of the fittest human beings that you will come across as a professional athlete. This guy is possibly ranked in the top 10 of NHL-elite caliber players - a sport where INTENSIVE cardiovascular, muscle strength, mental toughness, and nutritional diet is of the essence in order to not only be in the league, but to even be known as a name. And this guy excels in it.

He looks like a out of shape, eat-a-hotdog-a-day dad. Doesn't look to me like he has your Brad Pitt abs - and yet, I guarantee he could crush your Hollywood celebrities in any sort of match that required actual athleticism. Aesthetics does not replicate health and you're an idiot for believing so. "Where are your abs bro". You're a moron. 

lsu5kbwxc5yy.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mau5 said:

And here - I'll actually back up what I said. Here's a picture of Phil Kessel,  arguably one of the fittest human beings that you will come across as a professional athlete. This guy is possibly ranked in the top 10 of NHL-elite caliber players - a sport where INTENSIVE cardiovascular, muscle strength, mental toughness, and nutritional diet is of the essence in order to not only be in the league, but to even be known as a name. And this guy excels in it.

He looks like a out of shape, eat-a-hotdog-a-day dad. Doesn't look to me like he has your Brad Pitt abs - and yet, I guarantee he could crush your Hollywood celebrities in any sort of match that required actual athleticism. Aesthetics does not replicate health and you're an idiot for believing so. "Where are your abs bro". You're a moron. 

lsu5kbwxc5yy.jpg

Thats a bunch of shit.

Athleticism doesn't equal health either. The reason Mr Phil looks like he's knocks back hot dogs is because he likely knocks back hot dogs and pizza. No question. Unless he has the genes of Chris Christie, there is no excuse for a spare tire if you eat clean and workout. If you eat clean and workout at 29 years old and have halfway decent genes, there is no fucking spare tire.

I am quite certain that is an amazing hockey player, and I am sure when it comes to the strength, balance and coordination needed for hockey, he can't be beat, but that sure as shit doesn't equal overall fitness.

Look my genes are just kind of so so, I am a hardgainer, meaning I can't gain muscle easily at all. I am 35 years old which is not young in terms of fitness. I am built like my dad and his dad and they both got the huge gut hanging out.

That being said, I eat clean for like a week, and do moderate workouts and my I can easily drop 10-15 lbs. My stomach just disappears.

If you are actually eating clean and going to the gym, you aren't going to have a spare tire. Again, unless you are like 250+ something pounds and gain weight just by looking at a cheeseburger.

hqdefault.jpg

So yeah, I can could post photo after photo after photo of this, notice how the abs pop out? That is what happens when you eat clean and hit the gym. It might not happen in 90 days, heck it might take a year, or more. But eventually, it happens.

Spare tire=Something wrong with diet.

Is this guy as strong as Mr Phil? Doubt it. But does Mr Phil eat pizza? I bet so.

So again, something who "eats clean" and workouts for years and has no abs. I ask.....

"Where are your abs bro?"

I think Travis answered that question when posting his fried chicken and waffles.

Yeah I'm sure Travis doesn't eat clean all the time. Plus, his workouts don't seem to be targeted at fat burning. But he definitely seems to be conscious of what he's putting into his body most of the time.

Seeing abs is simply a matter of low bodyfat % (and if you want to make them pop out, you can do weighted ab exercises). 

11 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Yeah I'm sure Travis doesn't eat clean all the time. Plus, his workouts don't seem to be targeted at fat burning. But he definitely seems to be conscious of what he's putting into his body most of the time.

Seeing abs is simply a matter of low bodyfat % (and if you want to make them pop out, you can do weighted ab exercises). 

Yep, that is very fair. Dude is thin and in good shape, so he certainly does well. Better than like 99% of people. But there are obvious signs that he isn't full force with it.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

hqdefault.jpg

So yeah, I can could post photo after photo after photo of this, notice how the abs pop out? That is what happens when you eat clean and hit the gym. It might not happen in 90 days, heck it might take a year, or more. But eventually, it happens.

Spare tire=Something wrong with diet.

Is this guy as strong as Mr Phil? Doubt it. But does Mr Phil eat pizza? I bet so.

So again, something who "eats clean" and workouts for years and has no abs. I ask.....

"Where are your abs bro?"

I think Travis answered that question when posting his fried chicken and waffles.

Wait, I thought you advocated eating shitty for health purposes?