The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Wait, I thought you advocated eating shitty for health purposes?

He loves Burger King, but he'll think less of you if you eat fried chicken and waffles even if the last known time you did so was 3 years ago

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

hqdefault.jpg

So yeah, I can could post photo after photo after photo of this, notice how the abs pop out? That is what happens when you eat clean and hit the gym.

Not a direct related thing. We don't know what was his routine, do we? We don't know what was his timing on loosing fat and getting lean, and we don't know anyting about possible supplementation. I mean, as long as health and being muscular (so to say) is not related, or being a pro athlete is not healty (just giving another example), to eat clean and go to he gym does not equal to be like that. I bet that guy had a very well designed diet and routine, with all the timing properly set to be like you see in that picture.

Or put it simpler: eating clean and doing exercise gets you healthier (you lose fat and start to get fitter), but does not guarantee to have such a transformation until you go under a proper supervision, which implies professionals who have control over your exercise routine and diet.

18 hours ago, Ghost said:

Not a direct related thing. We don't know what was his routine, do we? We don't know what was his timing on loosing fat and getting lean, and we don't know anyting about possible supplementation. I mean, as long as health and being muscular (so to say) is not related, or being a pro athlete is not healty (just giving another example), to eat clean and go to he gym does not equal to be like that. I bet that guy had a very well designed diet and routine, with all the timing properly set to be like you see in that picture.

Or put it simpler: eating clean and doing exercise gets you healthier (you lose fat and start to get fitter), but does not guarantee to have such a transformation until you go under a proper supervision, which implies professionals who have control over your exercise routine and diet.

Well all the image indicates, he did P90X, which is working out for about an hour a day and eating natural low sodium, no sugar foods for 90 days. It's an at home workout.

And doing that does equal those results. There are literally thousands of online images to prove it, not not everyone will get there in 90 days, but they eventually get there.

Richard Neil was like 350 pounds and he had abs eventually doing that program. I won't post the pic, but look it up. He that guy can do it, anyone can.

Lack of those results indicates you aren't doing something right. No it doesn't mean you aren't healthy or you aren't strong.

But Mr Phil and his spare tire means his diet sucks in some fashion, especially if he is working out like a madman as Mau indicates.

18 hours ago, M!ke said:

He loves Burger King, but he'll think less of you if you eat fried chicken and waffles even if the last known time you did so was 3 years ago

More bullshit, I never said I look down on Travis. I simply wondered how a guy who ate clean and was in the gym had such little results. It has legit baffled me. For a guy who is a workout fitness and health fiend apparently, I just wasn't impressed. The chicken and waffles gave me a clue into the reasons why he doesn't quite have the best results..

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

When I eat shit and gain weight at least I own it. I don't sit around and say "oh tra la la la, I did all I could and I am still fat". Yeah bullshit!

17 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Well all the image indicates, he did P90X, which is working out for about an hour a day and eating natural low sodium, no sugar foods for 90 days. It's an at home workout.

And doing that does equal those results. There are literally thousands of online images to prove it, not not everyone will get there in 90 days, but they eventually get there.

Richard Neil was like 350 pounds and he had abs eventually doing that program. I won't post the pic, but look it up. He that guy can do it, anyone can.

Lack of those results indicates you aren't doing something right. No it doesn't mean you aren't healthy or you aren't strong.

But Mr Phil and his spare tire means his diet sucks in some fashion, especially if he is working out like a madman as Mau indicates.

Yeah, I get it. I wrote too much and not well. What I meant: we don't know what Travis is doing. He does eat clean, but you can gain some weight too with that kind of diet, it all depends. In the end, the goal of eating clean is to eat better quality food, be more efficient in terms of nutrition and be healthy. That use to get you thinner, but that's it. Also, we don't know what kind of routine he's doing (Travis). That's my point. Comparisons between two different guys, who, probably, are following dfferent exercise routines with different tempos and all, and not knowing exactly how is their diet (despite the 'clean' thing), is not 100% fair, nor accurate.

Edit: also, we can't forget genetics.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

More bullshit, I never said I look down on Travis. I simply wondered how a guy who ate clean and was in the gym had such little results. It has legit baffled me. For a guy who is a workout fitness and health fiend apparently, I just wasn't impressed. The chicken and waffles gave me a clue into the reasons why he doesn't quite have the best results..

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

When I eat shit and gain weight at least I own it. I don't sit around and say "oh tra la la la, I did all I could and I am still fat". Yeah bullshit!

Ah I forgot that Travis has been known to do that.  And I suppose him posting an unhealthy meal that he ate online, isn't owning up to the fact that he ate something bad.  Solid logic you got there.

15 hours ago, horchata said:

It's a scene from Steven Spielberg's 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'.

thats honestly what I thought it was too but didnt want to say in case I was wrong haha

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Tom is still working on WDNTW acoustic album. I honestly thought that was dead in the water. He posted a snippet of A Little's Enough on instagram.

Oh I'm sure he is working on it from time to time, but you know, just finding it "hard as hell to commit" to it.  Maybe it will be out by 2020.